+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flying to Canada to pick up COPR

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Long story short, CIC has sent the COPR to the wrong address, so by the time it arrives I'll be abroad and due to the tight expiry date on it I won't have time to have it sent overseas by courier.

Is the following scenario likely to cause problems with customs on arrival to Canada?

- Visa-exempt applicant who's been in Canada for 1 year waiting for PR, then left to solve some urgent issues abroad
- Have been sent to 2ary and extensively questioned every time I've been to Canada (twice...)
- COPR has been mailed to the applicant's husband home address in Canada
- I can have a scanned copy of COPR and ECAS screenshot saying 'decision made' on arrival to the Canadian airport, but not the actual COPR
- If questioned, I'll just explain the situation and say I'm here to pick up the COPR (not to land yet), and plan to land as PR at a land border

Do you anticipate any problems? Cheers.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds reasonable to me. I'd even go a step further & have your husband come to the airport with the COPR.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Get your husband to email you your corp . At least then you will have it on your phone if you are questioned.

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
They can see the status of your application in the computer if they dig hard enough. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Also, secondary examination may just be required for you at this point. If you have every been refused entry to Canada (signed an Allowed to Leave) you have what's called a Name Hit, and the computer at primary inspection will refer you to secondary no matter what, and without saying why. you'll be examined a bit more closely, but it's usually nothing to be concerned about, especially when they see you have an application for permanent residency.

I do this like once a week. :)

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
deweysmith said:
They can see the status of your application in the computer if they dig hard enough. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Also, secondary examination may just be required for you at this point. If you have every been refused entry to Canada (signed an Allowed to Leave) you have what's called a Name Hit, and the computer at primary inspection will refer you to secondary no matter what, and without saying why. you'll be examined a bit more closely, but it's usually nothing to be concerned about, especially when they see you have an application for permanent residency.

I do this like once a week. :)
Nope, never been refused, "just" treated like a criminal because someone was having a bad day. I'll keep it in mind though.