+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First 4 pages of passport

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

My spouses passport only the first page (the page with the picture, name, passport# etc) is certified by the embassy. But they refused to certify the other 3 pages.

would that cause any problems?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi,

My spouses passport only the first page (the page with the picture, name, passport# etc) is certified by the embassy. But they refused to certify the other 3 pages.

would that cause any problems?
I don't think so. But who was asking 1st 4 pages as we only sent 1st page. But also may be 4 pages they meant EXIT and ENTRY stamped page, that would make total of 4 pages.

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
I don't think so. But who was asking 1st 4 pages as we only sent 1st page. But also may be 4 pages they meant EXIT and ENTRY stamped page, that would make total of 4 pages.
On the country specific requirements on the website it asked for the first 4 pages.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
On the country specific requirements on the website it asked for the first 4 pages.
I could not see such info on INDIA 's country specific form. May be some other countries need that. which country is applicant from?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
What do you mean when you say certified by the embassy? How are they certified and why do they need to be certified? Also what's on these other three pages? Since most of us have to send the first one and any that have Canadian stamps.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
From Iraq
YES you were right I found IRAQ needs this:-
Iraq – Instruction(s) for documents

• All submitted civil documents must be originals or certified copies.
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in your application must also provide:
    • Civil status certificate issued in the last 6 months.
    • Photocopies of the first 4 pages of your passports (including the page showing passport validity
Iraq – Instruction(s) for documents
  • All submitted civil documents must be originals or certified copies.
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in your application must also provide:
    • Civil status certificate issued in the last 6 months.
    • Photocopies of the first 4 pages of your passports (including the page showing passport validity

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Now read carefully above reply; they Need all CIVIL docs certified copies. Civil documents are Marriage/divorce/birth/death if I am not wrong.
Passport doesn't look is one of those. So as long as you have sent JUST photocopies, it should be very fine. :) Just wait and see what happens next , if they insist she could go to another Lawyer have 4 pages certified and can be uploaded

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Now read carefully above reply; they Need all CIVIL docs certified copies. Civil documents are Marriage/divorce/birth/death if I am not wrong.
Passport doesn't look is one of those. So as long as you have sent JUST photocopies, it should be very fine. :) Just wait and see what happens next , if they insist she could go to another Lawyer have 4 pages certified and can be uploaded
Oh wait, did the OP mean certified copies? Cause they said certified by the embassy which is confusing since copies of anything can be certified at a public notary and the like. It does seem that the instructions just ask for normal, non certified copies which is in line with most other countries.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Oh wait, did the OP mean certified copies? Cause they said certified by the embassy which is confusing since copies of anything can be certified at a public notary and the like. It does seem that the instructions just ask for normal, non certified copies which is in line with most other countries.
ahaaa embassies do not certify copies we all know, he meant they are asking certified copies , but for a passport just copies should do.

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
ahaaa embassies do not certify copies we all know, he meant they are asking certified copies , but for a passport just copies should do.
By certified by the embassy is that I gave them a photo copy and they stamped it that it is a photo copy of the original.

I'm glad I asked this question. Now do I need to take it to a notary to certify it after translating if needed??

Does certified on the website means that it is from a notary ?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
By certified by the embassy is that I gave them a photo copy and they stamped it that it is a photo copy of the original.

I'm glad I asked this question. Now do I need to take it to a notary to certify it after translating if needed??

NDVO they like all docs certified by a Notary Public, it is better than sending a simple photo copy just to be on the safe side. Cost is not very high to be Notarized if you find a good one.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010

Only Civil docs are needed to be certified... not passports...

Hu88a

Oct 3, 2019
hi @Dawoodal and @singleman,
Did you find out what is meant by "civil status certificate"?
Going through this now from Jordan, and also have this requirement. We are common law so I think it is just a notarized copy of the birth certificate, but wondering if it is also a notarized copy of our lease together (as per section 2 of the checklist "civil status documents", it refers to documentation supporting your common law relationship). I can't get a definitive answer, let me know if you know!
Thanks!