singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
hi @Dawoodal and @singleman,
Did you find out what is meant by "civil status certificate"?
Going through this now from Jordan, and also have this requirement. We are common law so I think it is just a notarized copy of the birth certificate, but wondering if it is also a notarized copy of our lease together (as per section 2 of the checklist "civil status documents", it refers to documentation supporting your common law relationship). I can't get a definitive answer, let me know if you know!
Thanks!
I found the following:-
"Its the birth certificate (if born in jordan), the Jordanian passport along with the card of residency for Jordan. i think in arabic it that AL HAWIA IL WATANIA."
Civil Status:

The government created the Civil Status Department in order to carry out the task of registering citizens, instead of delegating this duty to several ministries and official departments such as the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Interior, the Islamic Courts and the Statistics Department. Within this framework, Law no. (32) for the year 1966 was issued (this law was later cancelled by Law no. (34) for the year 1973). It was the first law that created the Civil Status Department, as an independent department, with the competence of applying the law. This Department was subordinated to the Minister of Interior. In 1968, following the 1967 war, the Civil Status Department started carrying out part of the competences that were limited to issuing family books and identification cards to citizens. The Civil Status Department and the Passport Department had one Director General. This was the case until 1977, when a Director General was appointed for the Civil Status Department, with the duty of applying the regulations of Law no. (34) for the year 1973.

The Department started its activities on 1/7/1977, and its offices were distributed all over the Kingdom. In 1989, the Department had 45 offices, and had grown to 73 offices in 1998.
https://jordan.gov.jo/wps/portal/Home/GovernmentEntities/Ministries/Ministry/Ministry of Interior/Civil Status and Passports Department?nameEntity=Civil Status and Passports Department&entityType=sub