+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finished 24 months of the LCP - Want an open work permit while waiting for PR

LCPtoWork

Aug 23, 2011
Hello,

I finished over 24 months of the LCP and I am wondering what I can do to get an open work permit while I wait to get PR. What forms do I need to fill out, do I have to wait until my full 3 years and 3 months to work a different type of job? If not, how long does it take to get an open work permit and what is the process.

Please let me know, I am wanting to work something more related to what I studied in university.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You get the OWP after the first stage approval. Hopefully you sent and paid for, the application for a work permit together with your PR application.

LCPtoWork said:
Hello,

I finished over 24 months of the LCP and I am wondering what I can do to get an open work permit while I wait to get PR. What forms do I need to fill out, do I have to wait until my full 3 years and 3 months to work a different type of job? If not, how long does it take to get an open work permit and what is the process.

Please let me know, I am wanting to work something more related to what I studied in university.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
first stage approval 15 - 16 months who knows when you will get your OWP.

check the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
LCPtoWork said:
Hello,

Need to apply for the open work permit and the PR. If you havent applied yet....do it now since the processing takes 15-16months.check this link for forms, guides and document checklist:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/live-in.asp

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Dear Experts,

I am confused with the above discussion..what is meant by OWP/PR status..
I am on open permit..can i apply for extension of OWP???but i have studied for 1 year and got 1 year OWP..and it is going to be expired in 2 more months..what is many by OWP/PR application..My PR is in process..i enquired about the status and got reply saying it's in queue for further processing..can i continue my stay until they make decision about my PR applicaiton even after my open work permit expires.

Please help me..

Thank You,

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Dear Experts,

What is meant by LCP?
I am on open permit..can i apply for extension of OWP???but i have studied for 1 year and got 1 year OWP..and it is going to be expired soon..what is many by OWP/PR application..My PR is in process..i enquired about the status and got reply saying it's in queue for further processing..can i continue my stay until they make decision about my PR applicaiton even after my open work permit expires.

Please help me..

Thank You,

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
RAG said:
Dear Experts,

What is meant by LCP?
I am on open permit..can i apply for extension of OWP???but i have studied for 1 year and got 1 year OWP..and it is going to be expired soon..what is many by OWP/PR application..My PR is in process..i enquired about the status and got reply saying it's in queue for further processing..can i continue my stay until they make decision about my PR applicaiton even after my open work permit expires.

Please help me..

Thank You,
Hi RAG!
LCP-Live-in Caregiver Program
OWP-Open Work Permit
PR-Permanent Resident
This is a program in the government that after working 24months(but its 40months including processing) of live in work you can apply for open work permit and PR.