+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Cards U.S.

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
I have a simple question: For all those who had to get FBI certificates in the states, did any of you just print out the sheets on the FBI site? Is it really okay to just print them out on regular printing paper and get then sent in like that?

I have had terrible experiences with getting my fingerprints done. Both places I went to provided my states official cards but were done terribly, and the ones Ill be going to tomorrow say i have to provide my own cards.

So is it acceptable to just print out the ones on the site on regular printing paper or does it have to be special paper and/or resized?

If it was sure that it would go through with immigrayion I'd rather use a channeler since they gurantee the electronic printing and its so much faster. I'm just so paranoid after waiting two months Ill just get back a fingerprint rejection letter.

hongkongguy

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Cheerio said:
I have a simple question: For all those who had to get FBI certificates in the states, did any of you just print out the sheets on the FBI site? Is it really okay to just print them out on regular printing paper and get then sent in like that?

I have had terrible experiences with getting my fingerprints done. Both places I went to provided my states official cards but were done terribly, and the ones Ill be going to tomorrow say i have to provide my own cards.

So is it acceptable to just print out the ones on the site on regular printing paper or does it have to be special paper and/or resized?

If it was sure that it would go through with immigrayion I'd rather use a channeler since they gurantee the electronic printing and its so much faster. I'm just so paranoid after waiting two months Ill just get back a fingerprint rejection letter.
Based on the FBI website, the answer is "yes" and you can find the following answer at http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/faqs

6. Can I use the fingerprint card I download from this site?

Yes. The FBI will accept the downloaded paper fingerprint card only for the purpose of requesting an FBI Identification Record. If you go to a law enforcement agency or private fingerprinting agency to be fingerprinted, they may prefer to use a fingerprint card on standard card stock. You may use the fingerprint card provided by the printing agency.

anidal

May 26, 2012
Hi Cheerio,

I used the fingerprint cards provided by the FBI on their site and fingerprinted them myself using an ink pad. I printed the cards on thick matte paper but I don't think it really matters. To increase the chances of them accepting your prints, send in multiple cards.

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
Hi Cheerio,

I printed the fingerprint form off the FBI website on card stock and went to my local police department to get printed (cost $10). I sent in two cards just in case. I would use the FBI's form because you know they won't deny it.