+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find available Jobs in Canada

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hello Members,

I am planning to move to Canada this year.

How are these cities Windsor and Winnepeg?

Also, had gone thru job bank, for every jobs there is NOC attached, is it mandatory ? Please clarify.

Thank you
sujamana

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The NOC is there to show you if this is a skilled job or not. If you are coming on a work permit, it matters very much if you are taking a skilled job because it allows you a lot more options to immigrate and allows you to bring your spouse on an open permit. For a PR, it doesn't matter.

The way you see from the NOC if a job is skilled or not is by looking at the first and second digit of the code. If the first digit is 0, then it is a 0 skill type job, management position and the rest of the code does not matter. If the first digit is not 0, then you look at the 2nd digit. If it is 0,1,2 or 3, then it is also a skilled job, A or B level. If it is 4 or 6, then it is not a skilled job for immigration purposes.

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks for the clarification Leon

I had also requested for some information about the settling prospects of Windsor, ON and Winnepeg, MB.

What if, I would work in border cities in US and stay in Canada (daily commute from there)?

Would this still be a case for me to accumulate days of stay?

Too many thoughts. Sorry. ::)

Thanks again
sujamana

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I don't know much about either town but I can tell you this, Winnipeg is not exactly a border town. If you drive straight south, you would reach the border in 1.5 hours. On the other side is a town called Pembina. According to google, only about 500 people live there so I can't imagine there are loads of jobs. Almost 3 hrs. to drive from Winnipeg to Grand Forks where the population is around 50,000.

Windsor ON is a border town but on the other side is Detroit, where the unemployment rate is according to google again, around 18%. Maybe you'd have more luck living close to Buffalo where the unemployment rate is 11%.

If you do find something where you can commute and work in the US while living in Canada, any part of a day spent in Canada is a day according to the residency requirements so you would not have any problems keeping your PR. For citizenship requirements, they count the nights you are gone so you could even qualify to apply for citizenship because you are only making day trips.

If you decide that keeping two homes would be the way to go, work in the US monday to friday and drive to your home in Canada every friday night and drive back sunday night, you would not be able to meet the citizenship requirements but 3 days a week spent in Canada would give you 780 days in a 5 year period which is more than enough since you only need 730. However, you would have to be careful not to start skipping weekends or taking your holidays outside Canada. You would be able to spend 3 weekends a year outside Canada and still meet the residency requirements.

sodapop

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
IELTS Request
included with other documents
File Transfer...
12-14-2011
Med's Request
01-13-2012
Med's Done....
02-13-2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by December 2012
Hi,

I am a female licensed architect (Filipina)..is there any link,website,office you may give to apply to? Landing in Canada hopefully this summer....

Daash

Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th feb 2011
AOR Received.
20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
Looking for job in Insurance sector - i am a loss adjuster with 7 yrs Indian experience.....flexible to move to any part except quebec

annadudepaz

May 4, 2012
hello guys! i'm Anna Du De Paz, presently working as an accounting staff in one of the leading drug store chain here in the Philippines....i've been working there for almost 13 years and now looking for a better and greener pastuer outside my country,,,I strongly believe that my family's fortune is there in Canada....my husband is currently working as a restaurant manager in singapore....could you guys helps us start up in our application there in Canada...can you hepl us find a job there where we can share and practice our skills......

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi Leon

One more query?

How is daily commute between Windsor and Detroit? How much time would really take if I prefer to use Public transport or any Carpool?

Also, there is a discussion going on for an offer in lansing MI. It's about 2 hrs drive, would it be possible for daily commute from this place to windsor?

Please share your valuable suggestions.

Thanks
@sujamana

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you look at the map of Windsor/Detroit at maps.google.ca you will see there is a bridge and a tunnel. Windsor has a bus called the tunnel bus that goes through the tunnel. It has a website at http://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/transitwindsor/Routes-and-Schedules/Tunnel-Bus-to-Detroit/Pages/Tunnel-Bus-to-Detroit.aspx Taking the bus is always slower than using your own car but it is impossible to say how long exactly it would take unless you know exactly where you will live and where you will work so you can figure out exactly what other buses you have to take and when they run. The tunnel bus seems to run every 20 minutes during peak hours.

You can carpool but you would have to find somebody to carpool with.

If you want to live in Canada and commute to Lansing, Windsor is the closest city you can commute from but whether you want to drive 2 hrs. there and 2 hrs. back every day is up to you. I would not want to do it.

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks Leon for sharing...

While cross the border to US, would the exit / entry period be a clause to calculate the Qualified PR days?

Am also, thinking about settling my family in Windsor and do a commute...

The company discussing about GC, will this work with my case?

Thanks again..

@ sujamana

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the PR requirements, any part of a day spent in Canada counts as a day spent in Canada so if you go back and forth every day, you will not have any problems at all meeting the residency requirements.

I have no idea what kind of visa you have in the US and whether it would be ok for you on that visa to live in Canada and commute to the US. You would have to take that up with US immigration. US immigration doesn't much like the idea of you having 2 permanent residencies but I have heard that it takes a long time to qualify for a green card so you could probably have Canadian citizenship already by then.

unica

May 15, 2012
hi admin and members,

hope you're all well.
my name is mia from the Philippines and currently working in Dubai. my fiance and i wish to move to Canada someday. we tried to seek assistance from a local agency here is Dubai and was told that Canada Immigration requires at least a total of 4 years work experience, can anyone please confirm if this is true, thanks.

i would also appreciate if someone can suggest which type of applicaiton is better: as an immigrant, skilled worker or provincial nominee? do this three requires a "show money" or proof of funds? thanks again.

thanks everyone. have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Mia

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unica said:
we tried to seek assistance from a local agency here is Dubai and was told that Canada Immigration requires at least a total of 4 years work experience, can anyone please confirm if this is true, thanks.

i would also appreciate if someone can suggest which type of applicaiton is better: as an immigrant, skilled worker or provincial nominee? do this three requires a "show money" or proof of funds? thanks again.
It is not so simple that you can say at least 4 years or something else. It all depends on the immigration class you apply for and what are their requirements. 4 years gives you full points for the work experience category of the skilled worker program but it is not necessary to get full points for work experience if you have plenty of points in other categories and you have to meet some other criteria too for that program.

All people who immigrate are immigrants. There is no special immigration class called "immigrants". Skilled worker is open to you if you have enough points and either a job offer or are in one of the 29 professions that don't need a job offer. PNP usually requires a job offer unless you are sponsored by family or qualify for a business class program or some other program.

You can read about all of this at the Canada immigration website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp Really read through it and try to find an immigration class you or your fiance qualify under. Keep in mind that if you want to immigrate as a couple, you must either marry or live together for at least a year.

sodapop

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
IELTS Request
included with other documents
File Transfer...
12-14-2011
Med's Request
01-13-2012
Med's Done....
02-13-2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by December 2012
Hi Leon (specifically),

Since you are one senior member of this forum, can i ask for your advice please...Is there enough job opportunities for architects (NOC 2151) like me? upon checking the discussions...i find it hard to look for some members with same profession as mine to think we're included in FSW list (one of the 29)...i know this is included in the controlled professions but at least can you give me idea how this job is doing in the Canadian world?

Me and my husband are both architects and soon will be moving to Canada, do we have the edge to live a comfortable life there upon landing? i mean...I was worried reading some posts that others have to take survival jobs like cleaner, cab driver though they're professionals... please advise so my worry will at least be lessen...

thank you!