Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
I think we've got the application all put together, final draft - I'd really appreciate it if you seasoned pros could give any final thoughts before we submit it... we're hoping to have it in within the next 2 weeks. Here we go....

(all items marked with an asterisk have been notarized)
We will include:

All necessary IMM forms for both of us (hers of course aren't filled out yet).

About 75 photos, half of which are taken with family from both sides (each photo is dated and has a brief explanation of what's going on in the photo)

30 pages of emails from our few brief separations

30 pages of chat logs from same

5 pages of Skype call logs from same (time/date stamps only)

A printout of the Powerpoint presentation I made for her last valentine's day (29 slides w/photos)

About 20 receipts from various gifts and trips

*6 letters from family and friends attesting to the genuineness of our relationship

Photocopies of my passport stamps from making repeat entries/exits to Panama to maintain my legal status

Original "Option C" from the last year I was in Canada (2006)

*Letter of employment from my new job in Canada stating my salary and terms of employment

Photocopies of our passports showing ID pages and most recent entry into Canada

*Original joint residential lease dated June 2008-July 2009

Copies of both her university degrees (not going on welfare, that's for sure!)

An essay about me, in her words (not done yet)

*original Criminal background letter for her (clean)
*original Medical check for her (not completed yet)

A written timeline of our relationship, broken down by month and cross-referenced with the evidence I've gathered

A letter from both of us stating our future intent - buy a house (bad economy), flip it(good economy), start a business with friends

*Birth certificates for both of us (original for her, copy for me)

8 immigration photos of her

complete sets of forms for:
-Sponsorship
-Permanent Residency
-Extension of TRV (with Open work Permit checked)
-receipts for payment of related processing fees
-request to submit these documents to the appropriate office at the appropriate times

Table of contents

Is there anything else we should think about including? Anything we should maybe leave out? That's about 85% of the evidence we have... I'm not sure about submitting everything; what if they request more documents?

Again... thank you all VERY VERY much for your advice, opinions, and help - I don't think we could do it without you!

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Oh my goodness!! I'm not a seasoned pro, in fact I've only just started, but I've been doing plenty of research. I think that has to be the most complete package I've read about yet. And if that's only 85%... I would just submit everything. Do you have any greeting cards from family members? I've heard those help, you can always photocopy them. If I were an IO, I would approve you no doubt! Best of luck to you!

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Hi!
Thanks - I like to think I'm thorough ;) I wish we did have some greeting cards - trouble is, the mail in Panama is sooooo bad, that I've gotten cards and letters over a year late here! My family just doesn't bother sending them anymore.

I've got 8 photos - should there be 9 to process in Mississauga?

Her medical check (among a few other minor things) isn't done yet, because this is kind of a surprise for her... she totally doesn't see it coming! The criminal check we got for her just in case it was needed for her TRV (nope). I'm headed to Canada a day after her and am going to surprise her with a proposal and a sponsorship package :D

Oh - I forgot to mention the emails she's got from her recent job search in Panama, and the letter from my lawyer attesting to my efforts to get a Panamanian work visa.

thanks for the opinions, please keep 'em coming, and best of luck to you all!! I am definitely not a seasoned pro either, but I think if I stick with this board and the great people here, I will start to feel like one!

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Hahaha I wish my fiancee had the sponsorship package all set and ready to go when he proposed!! :-D

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
The number of immigration photos is listed in the region specific instructions. For Panama, it is 8, so you got that right. You will also have to supply some for the medical exam (I think my DMP took 4), so you should have more on hand.

I have to wonder though, how did you get her to take immigration photos without her knowing about this? lol

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
We'll apply common law, but will most likely be married before the application is done processing - btw what is the most effective channel through which to alert CIC of any such change in status?

As for the photos, they're actually no done yet either... I do have the .jpg they used for her TRV (got it form the woman at the store), not sure if I'll be able to just print them (on photo paper of course) or if I should have the photographer in my hometown who handles such things do it from scratch.

Basically, everything that SHE has to do personally isn't completed (with the exception of the criminal check).

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Be careful when you get married during the process because you still have to advise them if there any changes in your status..from common law to married.
Best of Luck!!! Acutally I'm astonished with all the proof that you had provided. Great job.

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
For the extra copies of photos i would advise to not do yourself. I just recently reprinted my passport photos at home 2 send in for a passport name change and it was not up to thur standards and somehow became damaged.

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Hmm, good point - I guess it's better to spend $20 than take a chance on delays. :) Cheers!