+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filled the Canada Temporary Resident Visa but got Rejected

flyhighwithus

Mar 30, 2018
Hi All ,

I had filled the Canada Temporary Resident Visa , But it got rejected under the section 40(1)(a) ( Immigration & Refugee Protection Act )
I had applied through a consultancy and he had filled one info wrong
" I had applied for Canada PR before , but it was rejected the consultant didn't mention it "
Now I am barred from entering Canada for Next 5 year . Please someone please suggest me any way .

I really need to go there as My wife lives there and she has got Work Visa .

Thanks , Awaiting Reply .

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All ,

I had filled the Canada Temporary Resident Visa , But it got rejected under the section 40(1)(a) ( Immigration & Refugee Protection Act )
" I had applied for Canada PR before , but it was rejected the consultant didn't mention it "
Now I am barred from entering Canada for Next 5 year . Please someone please suggest me any way .

There is no way. You are ultimately responsible for your app. The "it was the consultant's fault" excuse doesn't count for anything.

Note that as you are now inadmissible to Canada for 5 years, if your wife were to apply for PR in that time, it would be refused.

Reactions: friday.h

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi All ,

Never heard such things,when one got rejected due to someone's else fault and can't proceed for explanation or applying again. For now,I can suggest you to hire a Professional Immigration Lawyer's from Canada and explain them your situation and they will guide you and surely can help you too. It's possible to get accepted again. This is your best chance now,otherwise you can't apply at all. Hire an Immigration Lawyer not consultant.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Never heard such things,when one got rejected due to someone's else fault and can't proceed for explanation or applying again. For now,I can suggest you to hire a Professional Immigration Lawyer's from Canada and explain them your situation and they will guide you and surely can help you too. It's possible to get accepted again. This is your best chance now,otherwise you can't apply at all. Hire an Immigration Lawyer not consultant.
This isn't unusual. The immigration consultant isn't responsible for the information in the application - the applicant is. The applicant is the person who signs the application and who declares all of the information in the application is accurate.

The OP is banned from coming to Canada for 5 years. There's no point applying for anything until these 5 years have passed. An immigration lawyer can't fix this situation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
To overturn a ban/file an appeal, the OP would need to prove he has not committed any misrepresentation and/or the visa officer was incorrect in determining that it was misrepresentation (most commonly due to fraudulent documents or false statements). Both these situations are almost impossible to disprove.

Also, the OP was given an opportunity - through his appointed representative, and through a Procedural Fairness letter - to prove there are no grounds for a 5-years' ban. Apparently, even at that stage, he/his representative could not convince the visa officer.

In short: The immigration lawyer cannot overturn the 5-years' ban. It would be futile + waste of money to hire an immigration lawyer.

His wife would also be inadmissible i.e. if she applies for PR, her application will be refused until the 5-years' ban is over