+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

jandi

Aug 17, 2009
HI MMC,
Same with us here. As of this writing, our ecas is unchanged. I think the 45-day period they have given you still holds true and the additional docs they asked from you were the only ones needed to complete their review. But since the same had been provided by you, I am of the opinion that their review of your application may have already come to a conclusion and soon you will have your medicals. Let's keep in touch.

Prayers, prayers, and more prayers............

sysmax740

Sep 15, 2009
Hello guys;

Newbie here, I am planning to apply from Korea to Canada if some of you have experiences in processing their application what are the first step? and do I still need to have a consultancy agency for me to make it easier? every advice is highly appreciated.

thank you

sysmax

viba

Sep 10, 2009
Hi MMC and jandi,

we're all still on the same boat. my 2nd AOR is dated Aug.11 so counting 45 days will fall on Sept.25 plus a week or so for courier, i believe we will all get our medicals before this month ends or earlier. God willing..

patience... patience... patience...

noneng

Dec 23, 2008
hi all,

i have a question regarding work experience. will they assess you on your total work experience or dun lang po sa job title that falls under the 38 ministerial list? in my case po kasi ung job ko under noc 1111 is from august 1999 to september 2003. can anyone give me some answers kung ilan po ang makukuha kong points sa work experience.

thanks in advance po.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Noneng,

To get the maximun points for work experience it has to be 4 years and up, and these experiences should have taken place within the last ten years from the date your application is received. To my understanding, ang counted lang ay ang work experience mo na related cya sa 38 NOC na ina applyan mo. If in the last 10 years you have worked 8 years as a call center agent and worked as an accountant for 2 years, and applied under NOC 1111, they will give credit for 2 years experience lang. Even if you have experience related to NOC 1111 but this happened more than 10 years ago they will not give any credit for it.

Here are the points:

Less than 1 year- 0 points
At least 1 year- 15 points
At least 2 years- 17 points
AT least 3 years- 19 points
4 years or more- 21 points

...I am not an expert, senior members please correct if this is wrong.

noneng

Dec 23, 2008
nag submit po kasi ako ng application for fsw september 2009. ung work experience ko under noc 1111 is from august 1999 to september 2003. sa tingin nyo po ba makakakuha pa din ako ng maximum points for this? i'm working naman po right now as loan quality analyst, halos pareho din sya ng job description for noc 1111, ang problema po kaka start ko pa lang dito at wala pa po akong 1 year.

thank you po ulit.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspire said:
Noneng,

To get the maximun points for work experience it has to be 4 years and up, and these experiences should have taken place within the last ten years from the date your application is received. To my understanding, ang counted lang ay ang work experience mo na related cya sa 38 NOC na ina applyan mo. If in the last 10 years you have worked 8 years as a call center agent and worked as an accountant for 2 years, and applied under NOC 1111, they will give credit for 2 years experience lang. Even if you have experience related to NOC 1111 but this happened more than 10 years ago they will not give any credit for it.

Here are the points:

Less than 1 year- 0 points
At least 1 year- 15 points
At least 2 years- 17 points
AT least 3 years- 19 points
4 years or more- 21 points

...I am not an expert, senior members please correct if this is wrong.
if your other work experience within the last 10 years is under NOC classification 1, A and B, this is aside from the 38 approved job titles under the Ministerial Instruction of November 2008, then you can be given a credit point for that too.

noneng

Dec 23, 2008
thank you CarribRN and aspire.

at least now i know that i will be given the maximum
pts (21 pts) for my work experience. i have a work
experience na kasama sa NOC 1, A and b pero hindi
sya kasama sa 38 ministerial list.

thank you po talaga....now i can relax and wait for the next instruction.

B

bcdlancion

trinatocanada said:
Hi Gillian,

Welcome sa forum natin. I agree. I suggest you take the IELTS exams early para sure ka na of how many points you will have for english proficiency. I've noticed that the manila office have been speeding things up kaya you should make sure that you have all supporting documents ready by the time they request for them.

About the proof of funds, nagdidiffer kasi ang requirements ng POF depende sa visa office. Sa manila office, ang alam ko hindi ata inaaccept ang titulo ng lupa or bahay; hindi ko lang sure kung pati titulo ng kotse kasama. Baka din nagbago na ang rules nila so better check their website for visa-specific instructions about POF. I'll try to search for it and post it here sa forum.

The more liquid your POF is, the better. The problem is, they will ask you these before they issue you a visa; so it won't help to tell them that you will be ready with the funds only after you are granted the visa.

You can go ahead and apply even without the services of a consultant. I wish I had found these forums before I hired one myself. Mag sign up ka din sa pinoy to canada forum, madaming very helpful kababayans ang naandoon.

Hi mga kabayans. Im newbie here,ive sent my application yesterday to NS. I've been reading the thread for quite a while now. Regarding proof of funds, as far as I know, from what I read in "E37025" land can be use as POF. But i get confused now because as of Sept2009 Canada Immigration in Manila requires 1year history of your bank account. Is this true? Anyone processing their documents now got requested to show their bank account history for 1year?

MOM45

Jul 31, 2009
Just want to verify if there is truth to what others say that your Skilled Worker Migration application will only be approved by CIC if you have a job offer... I am an RN, got a passing mark in the point system and I am all set to lodge my application this october but this "new development" bothers me...thank you!!!

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MOM45 said:
Just want to verify if there is truth to what others say that your Skilled Worker Migration application will only be approved by CIC if you have a job offer... I am an RN, got a passing mark in the point system and I am all set to lodge my application this october but this "new development" bothers me...thank you!!!
MOM45,

Totally not true. Job offer is not required as long as you have one year of continuous job experience under the 38 qualified positions.

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got my IELTs result from British Council:
Listening 7.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7
Speaking 7
Overall Band 7.5

Ilang points po kaya bibigay ng embassy?

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi coolj
Congratulation, you can claim "16 points". for your language...

dyuls

Aug 12, 2009
CoolEJ said:
Finally got my IELTs result from British Council:
Listening 7.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7
Speaking 7
Overall Band 7.5

Ilang points po kaya bibigay ng embassy?

Hi coolEJ!

Congrats EJ! you've got 16 points! nmaximize mo ung score of 16! Listening 4 points, writing 4 points, speaking 4 points reading 4 points! Congrats EJ!

dyULs

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
noneng said:
thank you CarribRN and aspire.

at least now i know that i will be given the maximum
pts (21 pts) for my work experience. i have a work
experience na kasama sa NOC 1, A and b pero hindi
sya kasama sa 38 ministerial list.

thank you po talaga....now i can relax and wait for the next instruction.
Hi Noneng,

Your application will be reviewed in three steps.

1. According to the eligibility criteria, your application is eligible for processing if:

* you have an offer of arranged employment, OR
* you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
* you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations listed.

2. If your application is eligible for processing, you must also meet the following minimum requirements to qualify as a skilled worker:

* you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment, AND
* your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list, AND
* you must have had this experience within the last 10 years.

3. If you meet these minimum requirements, your application will then be processed according to the six selection factors in the skilled worker points grid.