+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

MMC

Jul 4, 2009
Hi Viba, Congrats batchmate! Any update Jandi? : )

viba said:
to my batchmates (MMC, gabs and jandi),

Update on my e-cas status: IN PROCESS

apparently they started processing last Sept.12
hopefully i'll get my med request this week
and i know sunod-sunod na tayo...

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
maybell, there are 2 venues:

CFO Manila
Citigold Center
1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue
corner Osmeña Highway (South Superhighway)
Manila, Philippines 1007
Tel. Nos. (02) 561-8321 locals 300 to 304; 200 to 204; 101 to 105
Fax No. (02) 561-8332
Email: info@cfo.gov.ph;mieo@cfo.gov.ph
URL: http://www.cfo.gov.ph

CFO Cebu Desk
Causing-Lozada Building
Osmeña Boulevard corner MJ Cuenco Street
Cebu City, Philippines
Telefax: (032) 255-5253
Email: cfocebu@cfo.gov.ph
URL: http://www.cfo.gov.ph

for the info of all, "Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO). Part of its registration requirements is attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas..." Registration fee is Php400.

Pre-Departure Registration Requirements & PDOS Schedule
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

jandi

Aug 17, 2009
viba said:
to my batchmates (MMC, gabs and jandi),

Update on my e-cas status: IN PROCESS

apparently they started processing last Sept.12
hopefully i'll get my med request this week
and i know sunod-sunod na tayo...
hi Viba/Gabs,
congrats at nag change na pala ecas nyo. you're almost there.

hi MMC,
just the same "Received by Visa Office" pa rin kami. pero yung 45-day period na binigay nila ay nag-lapsed na. so we might as well email the visa office to follow status of our application. hopefully ours will change until next week.

again, prayers and more prayers.....

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
Hi Mom2karl - any update from your end? alam mo naman, I am following your lead. 2 days lang ang pagitan natin. Hopefully, we get our PPR by next week or the week after...

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
maybell said:
Sorry for my ignorace. But can anybody tell me where we can attend PDOS? I dont know where it is located. I'm still waitng for my passport to be returned. I just want to schedule ahead of time since i need to travel to manila for that. At least i can still get a cheaper airline ticket. Thanks.
for manila pdos, you have to make a reservation at least a week ahead, i called them sept 17 and the earliest available is sept 24. its in quirino avenue.
for cebu pdos naman, no need for reservation. they don't have as much people attending the seminar like manila. you just have to be there by 8 am of the day you want to take the seminar. their office is near the sto nino shrine.

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
thanks jtob.... good luck on your trip.

To everybody, i need your insights..... We plan to leave next year. But we want to swing by US first then just enter the boarder in vancouver by car. We'll i be having problems with the US immigration since my plane ticket will be oneway to US and that i have a immigrants visa for canada (un used yet since i will be landing after the US trip)? Or do you think we have to land first in canada and just cross the boarder after everything settled? .... Thanks guys

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
Any nurse in these thread?

I would like to ask what to do to apply to the alberta nursing board to qualify and practice as a registered nurse. I dont know how and where to start my application. can i do it before leaving the philippines?

char_bonel

Aug 18, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-08-09
Doc's Request.
7-10-09
AOR Received.
28-1-2010
File Transfer...
15-1-2010
Med's Request
3-2-2010
Med's Done....
3-26-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
hi maybell,
im an RN too.
1. go to CARNA website, print all forms
2. submit all forms to required agencies/institutions then let them send it to CARNA and personal forms with payment
3. you may start processing with CARNA simultaneous with PR application
good luk!!!

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
char_bonel,

If i send my files to CARNA for assessment. when they send back the eligibility to take the exams how long is it valid? i plan to land on june of next year pa and parang october pa yung sched ng exams. takot ako baka masayang bayad ko for assessment at hindi ko mahabo yung exams and mag lapse yung eligibility ko.

Any one who has an experience with CARNA?

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
Guys, My visa just arrived! I'm so happy. Thanks for all the assistance!

To God be the Glory! Sa mga nag aantay ... kayo na din sunod. Novena lang katapat. Hehehehe

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
congrats maybell!

time to celebrate! dun ka na ba mag Christmas?

che74

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
hi maybell....ask lng ako if machine readable passport na request ng embassy sa iyo?...
another is....how many days ang difference from the encashment of ur visa fee managers check to the date of your PPR?
Hope u can shed a light on this...
thanks maybell...

patawla

Sep 23, 2009
Mga kabayan,

I need advice. I am planning to apply for an immigrant visa under the FSW and I am a senior software engineer with 5 years of experience.

I recently inquired at go2canada and they suggested to apply as NOC 0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers. I however checked other NOCs and found 2173. Most of the tasks i perform are under NOC 2173 (Software Engineers). However, as I read the employment requirements for this one, I noticed that a bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required and a master's or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required. I am a BS economics graduate so I don't fit the educational requirements.

On the other hand, i also have a role fitting in NOC 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers which is more lenient with its employment requirements. I would like to ask your advice which NOC do you think would give me more chances of getting approved. I have 5 years of experience by the way.

You inputs are very much welcomed. Congrats sa mga nakakuha na ng VISA!