+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipina visiting Canada then marriage

grape

Apr 22, 2012
hi.

A man that I had been communicating online for 4 years now wishes me to visit him, get married there as soon as we can and possibly live there and start our own family.

I am a filipina and i dont know what kind of visa to get. I have read a lot also about how it would be hard for me to enter canada as i need show money, properties under my name and so on.

Is that possible? enter canada and ge married there??

please help and hopefully first hand experience.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

To be approved, you must show that you have sufficient funds to pay for your trip, have strong ties to your home country and have no plans to remain in Canada long term.

Unfortunately there's a fairly high chance you will be turned down for a TRV given your country of origin. However you can always try. And if you are turned down, then the man will have to travel to your country and marry you there.

If you are approved for a TRV, then yes - you can get married once you get to Canada.

grape

Apr 22, 2012
Thank you very much answering my querries very fast.

I have additional question though:

What kind of strong ties in my country do they need from me??

If he comes here and marry me here, is there a better chance for me to enter canada faster??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Strong ties should ideally include several of the following: proof of employment, proof of property ownership, proof of business ownership, proof of property rental, proof of other assets owned (e.g. bank accounts), proof of school enrollment, proof that immediate family members (e.g. spouse, children) are remaining behind.

If he comes to your country and marries you, he will then sponsor you via the outland process for permanent residency. Processing times for these applications are approximately 85 days in the Mississauga office + approximately 9 months for the Manila office:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

grape

Apr 22, 2012
would it be possible if I get a TRV and get married there would i still have to go home after my TVR expires? can i process a permanent resident visa while i am there and married?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can apply to extend your TRV.

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
I am in the same situation..
I have plans of visiting Canada as my sister in Toronto will be inviting me next year.. My bf is in Alberta, he's a temp foreign worker.. We have plans of getting married once I got TRV approval.. so when he gets nominated under PNP next year, he can add me to his PR application.. I will stay only for a month den go back here in the philippines..

My question is, will that be considered a fraud if I go there on a TRV, get married, go back and be included in my bf's PR application?
Will that be a question and might affect his application?

Also, knowing the increasing probability of us, asians of being denied, I am not sure also with our plan.. I have no travel history outside the country.. :(

Please advice.. thank you so much!

grape

Apr 22, 2012
my fiancee decided that we should get married here.

can i apply for a TRV after so i can follow him immediately instead of the outland process for permanent residency?? if yes, would there be less chances for me to get rejected??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
grape said:

can i apply for a TRV after so i can follow him immediately instead of the outland process for permanent residency?? if yes, would there be less chances for me to get rejected??
Once you are married, it's even less likely that you will be issued a TRV. TRVs are meant for people who only wish to visit Canada for a short period of time and have no plans to remain long term. Once you are married to a Canadian, CIC will assume you want to stay long term and it's extremely likely they will reject the TRV. Sorry.

Wolverine

Oct 7, 2008
grape said:

Once you get married - chances of you getting a TRV are pretty much non-existent BUT you can apply for Permanent Residence in your home country (it takes on average 9 months in the Philippines), once you receive it - you can come to Canada as a legitimate Permanent Resident. If you want to live in Canada so you have to go through this process anyway, why not start it right away!

cheLLYmiche

Dec 30, 2013
hi...how are you and your boyfreind?
Im a filipina po and have a canadian bf through online for 1 year.Ask ko lang po if what are the easiest visa that i can meet him easily...