+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file withdraw for refugee case

humm

Jan 3, 2024
Hi all,

I applied for refugee claim in Oct 2021. My file got approved for PR under refugee case in March 2022. My fiance got his PR card and wants me to withdraw the refugee claim. He wants to sponsor me after marrying me. What will be the consequences of it? Will I be eligible to get sponsored by my spouse if I withdraw my (refugee) file? Please note my refugee claim already got approved and currently my file is under processing for PR. I already gave my biometrics.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I applied for refugee claim in Oct 2021. My file got approved for PR under refugee case in March 2022. My fiance got his PR card and wants me to withdraw the refugee claim. He wants to sponsor me after marrying me. What will be the consequences of it? Will I be eligible to get sponsored by my spouse if I withdraw my (refugee) file? Please note my refugee claim already got approved and currently my file is under processing for PR. I already gave my biometrics.
He can sponsor you but don't withdraw the refugee application. If you do that, this will activate the removal order. You need to keep the refugee application in play. Your fiance can apply to sponsor you in parallel once you are either married or common law. If the PR application for your refugee claim is finalized first, then I think you need to go with that. So you would have to hope the spousal sponsorship application is processed first. That's probably quite unlikely given your dates / timeline.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

Do you live with your partner and if so for how long. As already mentioned even if he sponsors you would still retain your protected person status. Not sure why this topic has suddenly become very popular.

Reactions: Copingwithlife