+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File was rejected.. anyone knows good lawyer??

march19

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
Does anyone know good and experienced lawyer in Toronto? My file for PR was rejected in Sep 2012. I want to re-apply with the help of some good lawyer.

Thanks!

dinocgeo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
march19 said:
Does anyone know good and experienced lawyer in Toronto? My file for PR was rejected in Sep 2012. I want to re-apply with the help of some good lawyer.

Thanks!
Any chance you can tell us why your application was rejected???

march19

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
yes,officer wasn't satisfy with the job duties mentoned in my job letter....

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
march19 said:
yes,officer wasn't satisfy with the job duties mentoned in my job letter....
march19,

sorry to hear your app got turned down. and thanks for providing the reason. just wondering if you wouldnt mind sharing some other details...like what NOC you applied under and if the officer gave any explanation, aside from just the reason.

I only ask cuz I'm a bit worried too that my descriptions might not pass. thanks!

march19

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
NOC 1221 duties were

Responsible for maintaining day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support for Company's operations. Keeping track on accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner. Supervising staff and making sure that deadines are met. Arranging meetings and seminars for staff and management. Responsible for providing support in budgeting, maintaining office inventory, making reports as needed and ensuring the security of clients' files. In charge for making new procedures and policies in order to provide better administration support.

march19

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
Officer wrote that he/she doesn't believe that my job description matches with the duties listed under that catagory NOC1221.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Thanks for sharing march19!

So, I just did a cross-comparison of your description and that of the NOC - found it to be only a partial match. You were on the right track I believe, as your duties do relate to that code. Perhaps using more bullet points versus a narrative. Might make it easier for the Officer to relate to the NOC description. Not sure if your employer is flexible at all about how they write the reference either.

dinocgeo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
So as far as I can tell you don't have to perform ALL the duties listed under your specific NOC....it says SOME or ALL of the duties.....
Are the officers who process the applications expecting to see ALL the duties listed in our letters of reference just as they are written on the NOC??

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
My understanding is that they expect to see the majority of duties performed as listed, but not all. Nor do they expect the description to be identical, but rather closely match the NOC code.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To me, it seems like a bogus rejection based on personal (and not very professional) judgement. You may want to consult with lawyer regarding your options with the rejected application.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much does he charge shashali?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march19 said:
NOC 1221 duties were

Responsible for maintaining day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support for Company's operations. Keeping track on accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner. Supervising staff and making sure that deadines are met. Arranging meetings and seminars for staff and management. Responsible for providing support in budgeting, maintaining office inventory, making reports as needed and ensuring the security of clients' files. In charge for making new procedures and policies in order to provide better administration support.
any chance you could get a new work experience letter? if you could get a new letter to include duties that matches more with NOC 1221's duties below, maybe you don't need to get a lawyer, just reapply would be fine:

- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- May supervise records management technicians and related staff.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march19 said:

Thanks!
Hi March19

Sorry about this, but if I may ask you a couple of questions.....

1) Was your salary near the average salary range for this post?
2) Had you ever contacted HSRDC before applying regarding your NOC and, if so did you attach HSRDC's response?
3) Did your company put the NOC code in the letter itself? or was it something that you put down separately on the form?

I am just trying to see if there is a pattern here. I have noticed that usually applicants who apply under a particular NOC but have salary much lower than average are the ones that experience issues. I know salary is not a criteria by itself, I am just wondering if it is being used as a NOC judgement criteria.

I am not claiming that it is fair or unfair........I am just stating my observations.

HSRDC is also a good source of identifying the NOC code. Though they dont unilaterally state that such and such is your NOC code, but their letter (I have heard) gives an idea as to what it could be. Maybe, we should recommend that to all our friends and co-applicants to be part of the application process. Unofficial, of course, but I feel it could strengthen the application.

Finally, a company before hiring has to get the permission from HRSDC. To do so they are required to submit the duties, pay scale etc etc. Hence, a company is also aware of the NOC code they have hired you under. Maybe asking them to identify it on the letter itself will give it some validity to the VO than us applicants writing it down on the form only.

I dont know.........these are just some of the ideas I am throwing around. I do not mean to offend or upset anyone, and if I have, I apologize. I know this is a forum where everyone is on pins and needles and , sometimes take offense to inconsequential things. Lets ut our heads together to make this process better for everyone else.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Hopefulagain said:
I am just trying to see if there is a pattern here. I have noticed that usually applicants who apply under a particular NOC but have salary much lower than average are the ones that experience issues. I know salary is not a criteria by itself, I am just wondering if it is being used as a NOC judgement criteria.

I am not claiming that it is fair or unfair........I am just stating my observations.

HSRDC is also a good source of identifying the NOC code. Though they dont unilaterally state that such and such is your NOC code, but their letter (I have heard) gives an idea as to what it could be. Maybe, we should recommend that to all our friends and co-applicants to be part of the application process. Unofficial, of course, but I feel it could strengthen the application.
Hopefulagain,

I think you make a very good point. If HRSDC says that your job falls under a particular NOC and you referenced the same, I dont see why the VO would/should dispute that. By that logic - including HRSDC correspondence in the application would only help form a solid fondation.

As for the salary pattern you mentioned...I too have noticed the commentary of the Minister - constantly referencing the need to preserve the wage standard, which would no doubt impact future decisions. VO's might be reluctant to approve applications for those that are grossly underpaid, since it gives off wrong signals to companies - we'll neglect this fact, so as long as you create jobs and bring immigrants. Not sure if it is/will be moving in this direction, but just my two cents..

flag2009

Star Member
Aug 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
Wait for more experienced members, but I do believe this has to do with NOC codes where a certain Level falls into category C (not qualified to apply) and the other in B (qualified to apply). You are claiming you fall into B, yet they don't believe you. So it is either the job duties is NOT enough or your salary is too small for B level.

just google NOC CODE 1221 and see all the rejections due to the reasons i mentioned.

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/freaking-out-about-noc-code-1221-t124063.0.html

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/same-big-confusion-noc-code-issue-t124191.0.html