+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo- New york visa office- share timeline

stillinCanada

Nov 28, 2011
DestCan said:
Folks,
Has anybody getting request for re-submission of PCC and POF after being transferred to NY office?
Also, I see that some of you have gone through Medical in Advanced. Can you pls tell me how to get that done?

Thanks so much.
I can share my experience. I called up Dr. John C Kuhlmann’s office. Details are as follows:
Etobicoke, John C Kuhlmann ; 666 Burnhamthorpe Rd,Suite 202, Ontario, M9C 2Z4 416-622-0933
Receptionist mentioned that they can do it if I have file number from Buffalo. So I took print out of my 2nd AOR from buffalo which contains the buffalo file number.
The office had blank form for CIC and they did it putting my details and file number and also attaching latest photos.
Long story short, they will tell you whatever you need to bring and what to do.

I submitted my PCC and FBI (as I stayed 2 years in the US) with my complete package to buffalo and was never asked to resubmit. This might be because I have never left Canada for a longer period of time.

Best,

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
stillinCanada said:
I can share my experience. I called up Dr. John C Kuhlmann's office. Details are as follows:
Etobicoke, John C Kuhlmann ; 666 Burnhamthorpe Rd,Suite 202, Ontario, M9C 2Z4 416-622-0933
Receptionist mentioned that they can do it if I have file number from Buffalo. So I took print out of my 2nd AOR from buffalo which contains the buffalo file number.
The office had blank form for CIC and they did it putting my details and file number and also attaching latest photos.
Long story short, they will tell you whatever you need to bring and what to do.

I submitted my PCC and FBI (as I stayed 2 years in the US) with my complete package to buffalo and was never asked to resubmit. This might be because I have never left Canada for a longer period of time.

Best,
Hey man.. I did it this morning with this doctor as well.. do you know how long it will take until Medical analysis is completed and sent to Ottawa (They said Blood test needs 2 weeks at least) but I dunno how long it will take Ottawa after that?? When should I expect Passport Request.. I will send Right of Permanent residency fees by mail tonight.

stillinCanada

Nov 28, 2011
sicko86 said:
Hey man.. I did it this morning with this doctor as well.. do you know how long it will take until Medical analysis is completed and sent to Ottawa (They said Blood test needs 2 weeks at least) but I dunno how long it will take Ottawa after that?? When should I expect Passport Request.. I will send Right of Permanent residency fees by mail tonight.
It will take 2 - 3 weeks for them to send the file to Ottawa. They will send it using Canada post; if you call them after 18 – 20 days you will get the tracking number.
Then Canadapost will take its own sweet time :) which is 3 days and you can track when your result would reach Ottawa.
Now I did my medical long back in Jun, 2011. So mine was updated (perhaps) before even my file was dispatched to NYC Visa office. But I had no clue as I could not see any difference in ECAS status. Other than that tracking number and the signature of the person who received the document in Ottawa, I had no clue whether the result was updated. I ordered caips also but all effort went in vain ;) :( But NYC visa office seems to be working really fast as they requested my passport through email within 12 days from the date of transfer. ECAS was changed on 18th Nov stating that NYC has started processing.
It is not only RPRF, but also 4 latest photos and passport to be sent once the processing is complete. So I am not sure when they would ask you to send the passport

Eliza.W

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
vermas said:
Normally there is no activity at VOs from 20 December to 10 January because of Christmas holidays. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for a pre-Xmas gift.

Cheers..

Hi vermas,

Haven't seen you for a week, did you receive your MR? Keep us updated, I am still waiting.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Thanks Eliza. I am still waiting for my MR. However, I may do it on my own this weekend. It cost C$ 70 only in India and its worth taking a chance.

Cheers....

Eliza.W said:
Hi vermas,

Haven't seen you for a week, did you receive your MR? Keep us updated, I am still waiting.

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
I received a email from NY today, that they have just received the application. Though in eCAS it was showing that 3rd November it was transferred to NY consulate. :mad:

I believe that next step is to see it another message in detailed status that NY office have started processing.

Did anyone else also has similar experience, that file showing transferred but NY office acknowledge it 25 days after the transfer. I feel like mine is slower :(

Eliza.W

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
vermas said:
Thanks Eliza. I am still waiting for my MR. However, I may do it on my own this weekend. It cost C$ 70 only in India and its worth taking a chance.

Cheers....
Do you know what document they need to do the Medical Examination in advance without the MR letter? Thanks!

Also, FYI, there is a guy on trackitt.com, his file got transferred on the same day of yours and still waiting impatiently.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Actually DMPs have all the forms. You only need your second AOR, Passport and pictures.

Cheers..

Eliza.W said:
Do you know what document they need to do the Medical Examination in advance without the MR letter? Thanks!

Also, FYI, there is a guy on trackitt.com, his file got transferred on the same day of yours and still waiting impatiently.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
stillinCanada said:
It will take 2 - 3 weeks for them to send the file to Ottawa. They will send it using Canada post; if you call them after 18 – 20 days you will get the tracking number.
Then Canadapost will take its own sweet time :) which is 3 days and you can track when your result would reach Ottawa.
Now I did my medical long back in Jun, 2011. So mine was updated (perhaps) before even my file was dispatched to NYC Visa office. But I had no clue as I could not see any difference in ECAS status. Other than that tracking number and the signature of the person who received the document in Ottawa, I had no clue whether the result was updated. I ordered caips also but all effort went in vain ;) :( But NYC visa office seems to be working really fast as they requested my passport through email within 12 days from the date of transfer. ECAS was changed on 18th Nov stating that NYC has started processing.
It is not only RPRF, but also 4 latest photos and passport to be sent once the processing is complete. So I am not sure when they would ask you to send the passport
Why this guys is slow.. I saw on other post the whole process takes a week in some other DMP .. Is it real that the Blood test are done by the government only and it takes 2 weeks?

rmdharan

Star Member
Oct 20, 2008
Updates from my side, Sorry for the delay

We did our medicals in end of Sept 2010, we didnt ask for any Tracking no for the medicals, so i actually dont know when the medical reached Ottawa. We sent the updated forms some where around 15th of Oct
I got the passport request on Nov 3rd by email and also 3 days later by post. so i got in both the means

I send our passports by Nov 10th and got the passport back on Nov 22
Now only the landing procedure is pending

Thanks for all your support and help .
Best wishes for all of you

svs

Jul 16, 2009
kurt0206 said:
@ svs

I used Canada Post money order.. no idea how to check the status of encashment..
I plan to send email to NY VO to check the status..
Hi Kurt,

when did you recieve medicals..?
when your medicals reached ottawa..

i have no update yet..my medicals reached ottawa in the last week of oct..
i think we can only ask for status 90 days from the medicals requested date right..
please let me know for any update..

thanks,
svs

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
svs said:
Hi Kurt,

when did you recieve medicals..?
when your medicals reached ottawa..

i have no update yet..my medicals reached ottawa in the last week of oct..
i think we can only ask for status 90 days from the medicals requested date right..
please let me know for any update..

thanks,
svs
svs,

try sending an email to NY VO... one email doesnt hurt in my view... did you try calling CIC customer care to see if your medicals are updated on your case. that way u know the medicals reached and updated.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Count me now in file transfer group, my file transfered to Los Angeles consulate today (12/01/2011) From Buffalo.

OMM

Talon

Dec 22, 2010
tor...........
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo to Newyork
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2010
Doc's Request.
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-11-2010
IELTS Request
17-jan-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011 to Newyork (recived email on 29-11-2011)
Med's Request
26-april-2012
Med's Done....
4-jan-2012 in advance
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-may-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-may-2012
LANDED..........
30-may-2012
hi all,
my file got transferred to NY on 16 nov-2011 according to online status.
i got this mail from the NY embassy on 29 nov

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada submitted to the Regional Program Centre (RPC) in Buffalo, New York.

Your file has now been transferred to our office(NY) for the assessment and processing of your application. All future correspondence regarding your file should be with our office. Do not contact the Regional Program Centre (RPC) in Buffalo, New York."

what does this mean my file is in process or what ?
???

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
Talon said:
hi all,
my file got transferred to NY on 16 nov-2011 according to online status.
i got this mail from the NY embassy on 29 nov

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada submitted to the Regional Program Centre (RPC) in Buffalo, New York.

Your file has now been transferred to our office(NY) for the assessment and processing of your application. All future correspondence regarding your file should be with our office. Do not contact the Regional Program Centre (RPC) in Buffalo, New York."

what does this mean my file is in process or what ?
???

They are now assessing eligibility of your file and a file selection decision for processing will be made shortly (should be with in 10 days). After 2 weeks, check the status again and it should say "We have started processing you file on xx-xx-2011'. That would mean you file has passed eligibility criteria and they would now proceed with security checks, issues Meds and RPRF etc.