+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

plaran

Jan 25, 2013
joe07 said:
if u have not got the letter then it's fine. Or the letter says from the date of issue u need to apply for refund within 60 days. It's ur choice to apply or not. Would advice to take the
Money. We all have sacrificed our time why waste money also. Just an advice!!!!
$500? It will make me a rich person and I will buy an island.
I don't need it. I prefer to wait until the final decision in the court of appeal.

Forever Victory

Mar 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
Nomination.....
November 2013, by God's Grace
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted: 01-11-2013
Med's Request
Soon, in God's perfect time
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2014 by God's Grace
Hi Everyone, please advise, I can now access my ECAS after several months of not being able to. My ECAS only reflected my complete name and my home address, but the status is now blank instead of in process as reflected before prior to the elimination. May I know what does this mean. Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you.

delhi

Jan 11, 2013
hopefulever said:
I expect DoJ to scream bloody murder about this case and try to get it pushed back under Justice Barnes' thumb. However, I intend to file a motion on June 3rd, to be argued in open court, asking that (a) leave be granted in IMM-1-13 and (b) IMM-1-13 be the lead case in a class-action for which the class consists of those who are a part of the Emam contingent. That hearing would not occur until June 10th at the earliest.

Any Information ,what happened on 3rd of june & 6 th of june.

Hi Hopefulever,
Are you from Emam's group?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Forever Victory said:
Hi Everyone, please advise, I can now access my ECAS after several months of not being able to. My ECAS only reflected my complete name and my home address, but the status is now blank instead of in process as reflected before prior to the elimination. May I know what does this mean. Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you.
I think I read somewhere that old/dead applications get removed from ECAS after a period of time as part of "house-keeping". If it's not visible any more, I think it's gone forever.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
I've received the letter from CIC informing about termination of my application and refund process.. :( its really sad but i'll now be exploring the option of Australian Immigration.

ginacom2003

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Warri, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Sept; 2012
Nomination.....
11th July, 2013
AOR Received.
20th Sept; 2013
IELTS Request
Submited with application
Med's Request
9th Nov; 2013
Med's Done....
13th Nov; 2013
Interview........
4th July, 2013
Passport Req..
2nd Apr; 2014
VISA ISSUED...
17th April, 2014
LANDED..........
14th May, 2014
sk540 said:
I've received the letter from CIC informing about termination of my application and refund process.. :( its really sad but i'll now be exploring the option of Australian Immigration.
Dear All,
The termination of Pre Feb. 2008 Backlog Applications/Refund of Fees seems to be frequent these days.

Are there backlog applicants from Accra Visa Office who have received communication of termination/refund of fees? Is there anyone whose application is terminated/refund of fees communicated been able to log on into ecas before the termination?

Was your case still showing in ecas before the termination/refund communication? I'm curious.

JAGGU

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
16 oct 2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
18 dec 2012 (2nd PPR on Mar'13, submitted in Apr'13, again in Jun'13)
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
Over the Globe... pre-june 2008 cases as they dont want to see backlog any more :D

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Send back all Refund letters with rejection, ask CIC if its Unwilling / Unable to process our files. If they are unable or unwilling than the quantum of refund will be agreed by the victim and the court, CIC has no hand in dictation terms.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
st-cnncomes said:
Send back all Refund letters with rejection, ask CIC if its Unwilling / Unable to process our files. If they are unable or unwilling than the quantum of refund will be agreed by the victim and the court, CIC has no hand in dictation terms.
And how exactly do you think this is going to work? Only a Canadian court would have any jurisdiction over CIC and you have no grounds to try and alter the amount of the refund. All that CIC is doing is returning the owed debt to zero. This is not compensation, so don't get the two confused. I have no idea what would happen to any claim if you refuse the refund. CIC might consider the matter closed as it has made the offer and has been told that you don't want the refund. At this point, for the vast majority, the refund is the very last step in the chain of events, not a negotiation point. The application is terminated "by rule of law", so telling people to refuse the refund will just leave them poorer.

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
There is still a disconnect between what some (many?) people feel or understand, as against what is actually happening.

CIC is just following the law. For them, all backlog files have been terminated, and they are to process refunds for those files now. While it is true that there is still litigation, the law is still there for them to follow, and there is no order from any court to do otherwise. It is unfortunate that all of us have spent time, money and effort to support our individual files. That is certainly a black mark that the proponents and supporters of the law want to ignore, and that is the risk that we applicants took in filing an application.

As for compensation, there was none in the Emam decision, so I don't expect any in case of a victory in the Tabingo case. There is nothing wrong if one does not want to fill up the address form at this time, but if the FCA and the SC both deny applicants' appeals, anyone who does not fill up that form has only himself to blame if he does not get a refund.

Let me reiterate: For CIC, it is just a job. They are doing their jobs. If anyone sends back a blank or invalid refund form, they will probably just put it back into one's file, which will get destroyed on June 30, 2014 if the courts do not rule in our favor. Whatever we feel doesn't matter to them as they are just following instructions from above.

pranx125

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
I have been sent the refund form to be filled and sent back to the Newdelhi Canadian High commission a couple of days ago.

I am a litigant and want to wait for one last final decision by the court.

need your advise...

gspreet

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 sep 2014
Nomination.....
PER 17 Dec 2014
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-06-2015 Submitted on 15-06-2015 Collected PP with VISA 26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Hi pranx125

It doesn't matter if you was a litigant (challenged 87.4 ) but yes if you filed appeal then it makes sense to wait.

pranx125 said:
I have been sent the refund form to be filled and sent back to the Newdelhi Canadian High commission a couple of days ago.

I am a litigant and want to wait for one last final decision by the court.

need your advise...

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
zardoz said:
And how exactly do you think this is going to work? Only a Canadian court would have any jurisdiction over CIC and you have no grounds to try and alter the amount of the refund. All that CIC is doing is returning the owed debt to zero. This is not compensation, so don't get the two confused. I have no idea what would happen to any claim if you refuse the refund. CIC might consider the matter closed as it has made the offer and has been told that you don't want the refund. At this point, for the vast majority, the refund is the very last step in the chain of events, not a negotiation point. The application is terminated "by rule of law", so telling people to refuse the refund will just leave them poorer.
CIC is not in a position to bring its debt to zero. They have kept applications on hold since the last nine years, and payback time will come inevitably. CIC is trying its best in playing the victim in this issue. The FC has just dismissed the case because the Judge knew that this matter will eventually end up the in SC. The only and best thing is to reject the offer for a refund so that CIC doesn't get away with what they've done.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
st-cnncomes said:
CIC is not in a position to bring its debt to zero. They have kept applications on hold since the last nine years, and payback time will come inevitably. CIC is trying its best in playing the victim in this issue. The FC has just dismissed the case because the Judge knew that this matter will eventually end up the in SC. The only and best thing is to reject the offer for a refund so that CIC doesn't get away with what they've done.
OK, do it your way but I suspect that you are wasting your time and effort. CIC doesn't care about your "protest". They have been told to do this by their political and legal masters. They don't need to "play the victim". Please don't give bad advice to others that could cause them to lose any chance of a refund now or in the future.