+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

simrat83

May 10, 2013
I am filling the FSW form on my own . Do i need to fill this " Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) " Form ... Please reply .

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
simrat83 said:
I am filling the FSW form on my own . Do i need to fill this " Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) " Form ... Please reply .

Thanks
You don't need to use that form unless you are having somebody help you with your application AND you want them to be able to act on your behalf with CIC. It's basically to give CIC permission to talk to someone else about your application.

simrat83

May 10, 2013
Thanks for clarification on my above request . One more doubt ...

I have given my details to submit my fee via Credit card . Is it safe to share that information which includes CVV number and there is 3D secure pin in my credit card which it ask whenever i do my transaction. How they will come to know that or they dont have to type that ....

Not sure ..please advise .....Credit card or Demand Draft .

- Singh

pranx125

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
gspreet said:
Hi pranx125

It doesn't matter if you was a litigant (challenged 87.4 ) but yes if you filed appeal then it makes sense to wait.
Thank you GSpreet. I guess 63,000 rupees is not a great amount. i will wait and will not ask for refund.

pranx125

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
zardoz said:
OK, do it your way but I suspect that you are wasting your time and effort. CIC doesn't care about your "protest". They have been told to do this by their political and legal masters. They don't need to "play the victim". Please don't give bad advice to others that could cause them to lose any chance of a refund now or in the future.
you don't spread rumors that people could lose their refund if they don't ask for it.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pranx125 said:
you don't spread rumors that people could lose their refund if they don't ask for it.
Have u got the letter if not please don't jump the gun .. on the letter it says " 60 days from issuance of the letter to the applicant". does that make u understand what their intentions are. its a choice if u want ur money or not.. were u able to do anything till now against CIC..
CIC is a radio now wont hear what u say but only talk one way..
choice is ours " wasted time , money , energy" and now what ??? want to waste more time and money ???

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
zardoz said:
OK, do it your way but I suspect that you are wasting your time and effort. CIC doesn't care about your "protest". They have been told to do this by their political and legal masters. They don't need to "play the victim". Please don't give bad advice to others that could cause them to lose any chance of a refund now or in the future.
By your attitude it seems that you are not a warehoused applicant or you are not interested in Immigration to Canada. I suggest you keep your advise your yourself instead of leading the rest down the pit. The need of the hour is a group of strong minded people taking on Jason Kenney and his cronies. This matter has to go to the Supreme court of Canada. All avenues have to be explored in bringing these crooks to justice.

pranx125

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
yes joe, My dad called me up yesterday from my native town and told me about the refund letter. well, didn't ask him for the contents of the mail. Thanks for enlightening.

joe07 said:
Have u got the letter if not please don't jump the gun .. on the letter it says " 60 days from issuance of the letter to the applicant". does that make u understand what their intentions are. its a choice if u want ur money or not.. were u able to do anything till now against CIC..
choice is ours " wasted time , money , energy" and now what ??? want to waste more time and money ???

pranx125

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
Tell you something Joe, CIC,Delhi had sent this letter through ordinary post. now tell me, How do they prove that i am in receipt of this letter????

I can say that i am not in receipt of any kind of communication from CIC. Do you think they wouldn't give me any refunds after 60 days.

I don't buy this, it's just their ploy to get rid of as many applicants as quickly as possible.

anyway, your intentions are good as always and thanks for that but this time around i will wait !!!!

joe07 said:

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pranx125 said:
Tell you something Joe, CIC,Delhi had sent this letter through ordinary post. now tell me, How do they prove that i am in receipt of this letter????

I can say that i am not in receipt of any kind of communication from CIC. Do you think they wouldn't give me any refunds after 60 days.

I don't buy this, it's just their ploy to get rid of as many applicants as quickly as possible.

anyway, your intentions are good as always and thanks for that but this time around i will wait !!!!
I look at this as a catch 22 situation, CIC will have a record of the dispatch details, they would always counter ur question saying that we had send this and have updated on website for refund. or they would be doing to get rid of many ( like me ) who applied for refund, i personally dont feel to take a chance and wait, the reason i send the refund was i have applied in FSW 2013 so i had a choice for those who dont have a choice its a gamble . either u take a refund or just wait and see the outcome..( get a refund - save time and money) wait it out ( more time and more money)
if CIC was really a helping hand we wouldn't have started this forum.. its a shame but this is the truth.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Notice – Strike Action

June 11, 2013 — The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-06-11.asp

gspreet

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 sep 2014
Nomination.....
PER 17 Dec 2014
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-06-2015 Submitted on 15-06-2015 Collected PP with VISA 26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
;D LoL..For us (Pre Feb 2008) these guys (immigration officers among PAFSO) are already on long strike....they are dead...they are buried...they are not in existence

They are getting LESS pay for the work they are NOT doing. They Need more salaries for NOT doing their work.

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/06/06/foreign-service-officers-walk-off-the-job/

More than 1,300 Canadian foreign service officers walked off the job as of 2 p.m. Thursday.

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), representing 1,350 non-executive-level diplomats, staged a mass walk out in Ottawa and at Canadian diplomatic posts around the world, according to a press release from the union.

The diplomats, who have been in a legal strike position since April 2 and without contract since June 2011, are demanding equal pay for equal work. PAFSO President Tim Edwards said the union’s diplomats are not being paid as much as government professionals who perform the same type of work. Edwards said some “less senior” diplomats earn up to $14,000 less than colleagues doing the same work in Ottawa.

In a statement Thursday, Edwards said the union went on strike as a result of the government’s “unwillingness to engage meaningfully.”

The government’s unwillingness to compromise is an affront to the principles of free and fair bargaining, and to the tremendous value and dedication foreign service officers offer to Canadians and their elected representatives,” said Edwards in the statement.

More than 400 foreign service officers based at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) headquarters in Ottawa walked off the job at 2 p.m. EST Thursday while, earlier in the day, 950 members at twelve other Canadian missions around the world did the same.

Canada’s political, trade and immigration officers will not be reporting to work until further notice, said the statement. PAFSO employees have walked off the job at numerous embassies and high commissions including London, Paris, Tokyo, Tel Aviv, Ramallah, Dublin, Hong Kong and Canada’s delegation to the European Union.

All foreign service immigration officers in Beijing, Shanghai, Delhi and Chandigarh have also walked off the job, which, according to the statement, will “severely reduce the pace and volume of visa and immigration processing for applicants from China and India.”

In an email statement Thursday, DFAIT said it has contingency plans in place to address job actions, including strikes. It also said that, to date, there has been no impact on operations at home or abroad.

“The Department is monitoring the situation very closely and will take any necessary action to ensure that we continue to provide services to Canadians at home and abroad. The Government will do its utmost to continue to ensure service delivery in a timely fashion with the least amount of disruption to Canadians,” said a DFAIT official in an email.

joe07 said:
Notice – Strike Action

June 11, 2013 — The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-06-11.asp

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
st-cnncomes said:
By your attitude it seems that you are not a warehoused applicant or you are not interested in Immigration to Canada. I suggest you keep your advise your yourself instead of leading the rest down the pit. The need of the hour is a group of strong minded people taking on Jason Kenney and his cronies. This matter has to go to the Supreme court of Canada. All avenues have to be explored in bringing these crooks to justice.
Really ?
Best thing is to put the past behind and move on. Why self inflict more grief ?
Go to SupremeCourt, only if you dont get your refund ! :p
Wonder what our dear Tim is upto these days...Golf ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
st-cnncomes said:
You obviously don't bother to look at posters information panels...

<---
<---