+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Trades (FST) applicants??

sewak

Mar 13, 2015
Hi Dazg73

Our PER dates are almost similar .I got PER on 21st jan 2015. But no updates after that. Please update if you get any reply from cic ottawa.

Thanks
sewak

dazg73

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Sewak,

I have had no line update yet, would like to think we would both get a MR in the next 4 weeks?

Thanks,
Dazg73

nixman

Apr 12, 2014
I called and spoke to a cic rep this week. I was told by him that the processing time right now for FST is 27 Months!?! Is this the case that other people have experienced? I'm starting to get a little worried as my partner and I live in different countries. Any replies would be amazing to settle my worries

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
today i received a wonderful email from CPC ottawa stating that I didnt meet the requirements for FSTP.

I didnt applied for welder occupation, I applied for NOC 8252, I have a valid work permit until april 2016. Applied last November 6, 2014. received my PER last January 5, 2016. i dont know whats going on in this FSTP program

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled trades worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 87.2(3)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the federal skilled trades class if:

(d) they meet at least one of the following requirements:
(i) they hold a certificate of qualification issued by a competent provincial authority in the skilled trade occupation specified in the application,

(ii) they are in Canada and hold a work permit that is valid on the date on which their application is made and, on the date on which the visa is issued, hold a valid work permit or are authorized to work in Canada under section 186, and
(A) the work permit was issued based on a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) with respect to their employment in a skilled trade occupation,
(B) they are working for any employer specified on the work permit, and
(C) they have an offer of employment — for continuous full-time work for a total of at least one year in the skilled trade occupation that is specified in the application and is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on their work permit — that is made by up to two employers, other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer whose name appears on the list referred to in subsection 209.91(3) if a period of two years has not elapsed since the day on which the determination referred to in subsection 203(5) or 209.91(1) or (2) was made, who are specified on the work permit, subject to the visa being issued to the foreign national,

(iii) they are in Canada and hold a work permit referred to in paragraph 204(a) or (c) — that is valid on the date on which their application is received — and, on the date on which the visa is issued, hold a valid work permit or are authorized to work in Canada under section 186, and the circumstances referred to in clauses (ii)(B) and (C) apply,

(iv) they do not hold a valid work permit or are not authorized to work in Canada under section 186 on the date on which their application is made and
(A) up to two employers, other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer whose name appears on the list referred to in subsection 209.91(3) if a period of two years has not elapsed since the day on which the determination referred to in subsection 203(5) or 209.91(1) or (2) was made, have made them an offer of employment in the skilled trade occupation specified in the application for continuous full-time work for a total of at least one year subject to the visa being issued to them, and
(B) an officer has approved the offer for full-time work — based on an opinion provided to the officer by the Department of Employment and Social Development, on the same basis as an opinion provided for the issuance of a work permit, at the request of up to two employers or an officer — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) with respect to the offer have been met, and

(v) they either hold a valid work permit or are authorized to work in Canada under section 186 on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and on the date on which it is issued, and
(A) the circumstances referred to in clauses (ii)(B) and (C) and subparagraph (iii) do not apply, and
(B) the circumstances referred to in clauses (iv)(A) and (B) apply.

Your application for permanent residence in the Federal Skilled Trades Class was assessed against the requirements (pass/fail) based on the following skilled trade occupation specified in your application: National Occupational Classification (NOC) 7237.

I am not satisfied you meet all the requirements of the Regulations as cited above for the following reasons:

You have not provided a certification of qualification from a province in Canada and have indicated in your application form Schedule 11 that you are not possession of one.

You have not provided evidence of an offer of employment.

You do not hold a work permit referred to in paragraph 204(a) or (c) of the Regulations.

You have not provided a job offer from a prospective employer in Canada and a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or an opinion provided to the officer by the Department of Employment and Social Development.

As such, I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled trade requirements pursuant to sub-section 87.2(3)(d) of the Regulations.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,
ES10632
Immigration Officer
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

sewak

Mar 13, 2015
Hi international

Did u get any update of your FSTP application. When did u get your file number.Which is your visa office.

Thanks
sewak

dazg73

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Nixman,

The cic officer you spoke with was the processing time he quoted at a particular visa office or just in general as this seems to be a very long processing time?

Thanks,
Daz.

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
My application was refused. He said he is not satisfied with the documents provided specifically job offer. I dont understand why he didnt call my employer and esdc to confirm that i am working and have a valid work permit. Good thing I have AINP application to cic,. Well, thats life

nixman

Apr 12, 2014
Dazg73,
The officer I spoke to said that 27 months was the processing time for the particular application. He was a extremely grumpy individual. He also send me a email with the time frame. I am unsure if they are getting the FSW and FSTW mixed up or weather they are processing them both in the same format/group. In the email link the only office listed in Canada was Ottawa, not Sydney. I could not find any info for the processing time for the Sydney, NS office.

Bill bully... cant you send them a email or phone the cic and let them know that the info is incorrect? I would think that they would have to judge you based on your correct skills and trade.

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Dazg73,

The officer gave you a standard response- 27 months (i was given the same response a few montgs ago). They cannot tell you anything else. Each case has a different procesing time due to background and security checks.
my FSTW procesing time was exactly 9 months from app received till copr.
they process FSTW only in Ottawa no Sydney. Processing time for FSTW and FSW is almost the same. Unfortunately the waiting time for both streams at the moment is longer than it was 2-3 months ago

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
nixman said:
Dazg73,

Bill bully... cant you send them a email or phone the cic and let them know that the info is incorrect? I would think that they would have to judge you based on your correct skills and trade.
I already fax them and the response is just apologies, He said he is not satisfied with my job offer, still included that i didnt provide Work permit, Lmia and job offer but I included it in my application. I really dont know hoy they assessed my application. Well, that's fine. Still I have application to PNP to cic. just waiting for my medical.

nixman

Apr 12, 2014
NP26....If it gets processed in Ottawa then why do we have to send it to Sydney?? Thank you for filling me in on your time line. That helps ease the blow of 27 months!!

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nixman,
in Sydney, there is a primary intake office where all applications are checked. They check if all necessary documents are filled correctly and additional supporting documets such as IELTS, Cert of Qualification etc are submitted. If all required criteria are met then you receive your PER and your file is consequently transfered to VO in accordance with a country of your residence....

dazg73

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have just had email from CPC Ottawa with requests for medicals and payment for right of residency fees.
This has taken 92 days since PER so hopefully people with similar timeline as me will also get some good news soon.
Will keep you posted with further updates, all the best.

Dazg73

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
whats up guys... no news since long time... np & minimee have u got ur PR ?? I gave IELTS on 9th May and I got 6.5 band... 6 band each in all modules... so i am eligible for Canada Immigration... I am looking forward to get PNP as my score is quite low in EE.. it's only around 320... looking forward to hear from u guys...