+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Guys, last time I checked it said 12 month based of complete application package. It used to be 8-9 months, but they have changed it to 12 in October. They need to update it this month, so lets check how much they will say this time.

HopeVisa, our check was cashed Oct-26, they tried to send us our AOR+medicals the beginning of Nov, but something was wrong with the our address , so they requested a new mailing address from us and this whole thing delayed receiving the AOR+med for one month!!!
So, according to the other US applicants timeline and mine you should have received yours by now. I hope you receive it quick.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fallsage, are you applying in Canada?

I got an email from Buffalo saying that I will be receiving AOR within 30 weeks from the date they got my application.

30-week is seven and a half month for God's sake..

I read an article today that not only immigration process but also student visa and all other cic processes have been delaying.

Hope we get something in January.

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Jeez!!!
Ok, somebody told me another rumor that you receive medicals when they are done with your background check. Anyone heard that?

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
I apply from Montreal. I mailed my files on Aug 27th. :mad:
I never heard that rumor about the relationship of medical form and background check.
What a terrible week!!!!! 9 months to 12 months and I was rejected by MCGILL. :-\ :-\ :-\

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that's true.

Otherwise, there's no reason why it takes so long to get medical request.

My lawyer said, when you get your medical you're almost done.

tons40, I believe you will get your PPR in 2~3 months

kevin82

Jan 12, 2011
First post on this site after following for a while. My cheque was cashed yesterday (January 11 2011), from what i've read in this thread, am i right in assuming that aor and medicals should be arriving in the next few weeks, or are there people still waiting for months after their cheques are cashed before getting their med requests?

FYI, i received my csq under the PEQ 27 Septmeber 2010 and filed my federal application November 9 2010. I'm an australian living and working in Montreal for 3 years now.

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
ton40 said:
The medicals were just fine, I told the nurse I was nervous about the blood drain and she had me lay down, so I did not even feel anything, all it was fear in my head.
Ans, I think you should email Buffalo and ask them if everything is alright with your application. I know people that after emailing and asking whats going on they receive passport request.... So just remind them you exist and see what they are going to say.
I emailed them and got the standard 'in process' reply and it's been 7 months since we submitted the application to Buffalo.

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Ans, I think you should hear from them very soon! What would it take them so long....
Kevin82, welcome to this thread. Yes, you will receive AOR+medicals together.

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Hi all, anything new?
We are in the same boat. My application reached Buffalo on August 23 but I haven't received the AOR yet :mad:
What's going on in Buffalo? That delay ruined all my plan.
Please keep updated.

match

Nov 3, 2010
Hello All,

I've been following this thread for a while, but never posted before. I live in Montreal and my application was received in Buffalo during the first week of September, but check was encashed on Nov. 4, and I've still not received anything from them! So frustrating.

Although I'm pretty sure I followe all the instructions, I can't help but wonder if everything is in order. The last thing I want now, after waiting so long is them to return my application and then wait in this line again. Is it safe to assume that if they haven't returned it after receiving it 3.5 months ago, then everything is in order?

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
match said:
Hello All,

I've been following this thread for a while, but never posted before. I live in Montreal and my application was received in Buffalo during the first week of September, but check was encashed on Nov. 4, and I've still not received anything from them! So frustrating.

Although I'm pretty sure I followe all the instructions, I can't help but wonder if everything is in order. The last thing I want now, after waiting so long is them to return my application and then wait in this line again. Is it safe to assume that if they haven't returned it after receiving it 3.5 months ago, then everything is in order?
match, don't worry. My timeline is similar with yours. I'm in Montreal also. File was received on Aug 27. Money draft was cashed in Oct. No news until now also...
If they would return your files, they would not cash you at all.
My file was returned once:) Then I sent it again. They cashed my money draft later.
Just keep an eye on this post and be patient. When one of us receive their replay, the rest of us will receive ours soon.

HopeVisa

Sep 18, 2010
Hey guys!

I just check my status online and I was positively surprised to see that my status is In Process! Woaw!
I did not received any mail yet. I hope it comes soon with AOR+ Medicals.
Everyday I check my status online using my file number ( which I found on the BD copy that my Bank provided me upon request afer my checks were cashed by Buffalo).
For all my friends who are still waiting, do not get tired of checking everyday. You will get a great surprise!
Good lick to all of us!
God is on our side!
Great things will happen for us.

HopeVisa

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Good Evening Everyone!!!!

Ok, here's my story:

1. Applied for CSQ from the USA on July 15, 2010

2. Got my AOR letter on September 7, 2010

3. Waiting for interview date since September 7, 2010.

I heard that the Quebec govt. has just started processing applications sent in Feburary, 2010 which means that I most likely won't get proscessed and I won't get an interview date until July, one year after applying for CSQ.

Questions: So how long after recieving an interview date does one need to wait to go to the actual interview?

2. After the CSQ how long does it take to process an application for the Canadian Federal Govt.?

3. Can anyone who applied through the US share with me their timeline and personal experiences? I'm a little freaked out by the almost year delay I just learned about.

Thank you very much in advance guys !!!!

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
HopeVisa when did they start processing your application? Click on 'in process' you will see date.