+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
ton40 said:
Fallsage, can you please share some more info about your friend, because she has the same time frame as Ans, Florida and Digital. Can you tell us which visa office she applied in, was she in the preferred areas of training, also age and marital status. Florida was thinking they processed his application fast because he is 23, not married, so they didnt basically take long for his background check since he has to describe only 5 years in his background declaration. What do you guys think?
Sure!
She is single, a phD student in Montreal and around 24 years ago I guess. Her major is water conservancy or something.
She is a friend contacting me online, so we never really see each other :)
I think your theory makes sense. She didn't work before and is always a student after 7 years old, so they don't spend a lot of time on checking her background.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.

I also believe there is a serious backlog in Buffalo office.

I sent federal documents in the first week of August, and haven't got anything from VO.

My lawyer (yes i hired lawyer -_-) told me his other cases also experience delays.

I'm 25 yrs old, single, and have been in Canada since I was 14. I thought it would take at most 6~7 months to complete process,

but now I have no idea.

Has anyone who applied on August received AOR?

Am I the only one who has been delayed this long?

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
wclkkk, welcome to the thread. You are not the only one experiencing delay, actually non of us (August applicants) have received AOR and medicals. We are all waiting.
Fallsage, now I am almost convinced that age matters in processing the application.
Ans, what do you think?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
sorry guys for the silence. I don't have easy computer access now... cz my laptop is gone. Anyways to follow on wcikkk question, I don't think age be a selective issue... they are just short of agents right now i think. But i too came to Canada as high school teenager and thought i was the only dudette who came soo young and isn't even permanent.

yegoo

Feb 26, 2010
Hey guys, i just got today an email from Buffalo, it says that my file has been sent to Detroit to expedite the processing, so it seems its almost the same case as a florida, so excited !!!!!!, let see if takes the same 10 days to get the email from Detroit asking for the passports, wowow cant belive it !!!

Good luck to all, cheers!!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
at last a good good news, i will cross my fingers with you anyhow.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Hi. Congratulations. Hope you will get news soon.
I sent an email to buffalo on Monday. Their replay is as following.
Permanent resident applications are created in our database and acknowledgement of receipt letters are sent to the applicant within 30 weeks of receipt. Any application submitted without the required documents and information will be returned to the applicant. :-[ :-[ :-[

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Hey yegoo, congratulations! I really hope you have the same fortune and luck as florida!
As for my case , here is what happaned. My husband received an e-mail from Buffalo where they said that their correspondence has returned and they asked to update our address. In the e-mail, we saw our file number ( yeeeeeeee ;D ) and when I checked the e-cas later it said "In process" 8) Lets see what comes in the mail ;D ;D ;D

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
ton40, it's great to hear that things are moving for you. And that's good that you have provided your email to Buffalo:) Hope you get your AOR soon. As for me, I am still waiting... :( No changes in my ecas so far.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
does it necessarily mean that if Quebec gives you a CSQ it's already a sure ball to Canadian PR? I mean if one is medically and criminally cleared, are there chances that CIC will deny the application on the Federal level?

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
We will see what comes in the mail and when :D
mngreen, I dont think its so easy, even though you give them police certificates they conduct their own background check that takes forever, I know people stuck for years in federal process, so I would say nothing is for sure untill I have the visa in my hands....

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
ton40, could you please tell me where you are? We have the similar timeline. But I had nothing in the mailbox until now. :eek:

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Hey guys, we have nothing in the mail yet, so dont panic. Only this email, so I guess we should receive something soon. We r applying within the US. I know all of you guys with same timeline as me are applying from Canada.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Thanks! I was a little upset yesterday. I want to go back school next year after I landed before September. So ....
I called my bank yesterday for asking if there is a file number on their record. The guy who answered the phone gave me a 8-digital number which is not file number for sure.
Fingers crosses!
Have a nice weekend!