+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I received the AOR in Feb 2023 and test completed in Apr 2023, no progress after that. I am thinking of applying for the GCMS notes as my wife also applied the same time and she got her citizenship in July 2023. for me, they asked for the finger print in Late April 2023 and it is stuck since then.

I was checking for the processing time which is at 15 months now, when is this 15 months starting - from date of AOR or date of application submission?
Is the useful to apply for GCMS notes or wait until 15 months are over?

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Sharing my final timelines. Good luck everybody else!

Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application sent: Feb 27th 2023
Delivered: Feb 14th
AOR: March 16th
Background check: April 15th
Test Invitation: May 8th (test window May 10th - 30th)
Passed Citizenship test: May 15th (outside Canada)
Test complete: May 25th
Passport copy request: June 2nd
GCMS notes recieved: August 22nd
Interview date: January 3rd (was originally set for Dec 14th which was cancelled and rescheduled on Dec 16th)
LPP complete: January 5th
Oath update: January 11th
Oath ceremony: January 19th, online
E-certificate download: January 19th
Passport office: January 22nd (Montreal, walk-in)
Passport will be ready January 29th

I was outside Canada March 2nd - January 18th, so basically the entire process, in case that's useful info to anyone reading this :)

Reactions: Canadian Snowbird

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014

Interview date: January 3rd (was originally set for Dec 14th which was cancelled and rescheduled on Dec 16th)

I was outside Canada March 2nd - January 18th, so basically the entire process, in case that's useful info to anyone reading this :)
I thought oath u need to be here in Canada and cannot take from outside

Rohnho

Nov 26, 2023

Did you get any update by email and checking the status?
I'm also planning to leave Canada after I apply citizenship so I'm worrying what if I get any mails to my address.

waqasnawaz

Jul 23, 2014
Hi, I received the AOR in Feb 2023 and test completed in Apr 2023, no progress after that. I am thinking of applying for the GCMS notes as my wife also applied the same time and she got her citizenship in July 2023. for me, they asked for the finger print in Late April 2023 and it is stuck since then.

I was checking for the processing time which is at 15 months now, when is this 15 months starting - from date of AOR or date of application submission?
On the website [https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3] it says "Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it."

I think GCMS notes are pretty helpful, especially in cases such as yours. I would suggest to keep applying for GCMS one after the other to have a good sense of what is going on with your application.

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023

Processing time start once they receive the application not the AOR, if it's online then time start same day you submitted if paper then it will start when they receive your package on their office. Hope it's help.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Quick question - Finally after 1 year, I got a reply for my son application. They're saying to cut the PR card and send back the photo in same email. Email came.from IRCC.ClientInformation-InformationsClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

-is this a valid email.address because for my applicationI got emails.from Mississauga office but thjs is different. So making sure it's not a scam.

- Can someone confirm who applied for child and they got similar email for their child application ?

-- my son is usa citizen, and I'm traveling outside country in 4 weeks and if I cut and spend back the PR CARD copy Today. Will I get certificate back in 4 weeks ?

- And in worst case if I don't get his certifcate and passport ready in 4 weeks. Can he travel back to canada on the USA passport without having any
Canadian travel document ?

Can someone help and guide me in this please?

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Did you get any update by email and checking the status?
I'm also planning to leave Canada after I apply citizenship so I'm worrying what if I get any mails to my address.
No physical mail. Soon after leaving Canada I updated my residential address to my overseas address so that it was up to date, but I still had a Canadian mailing address. However, all updates and communication came through the tracker and via email.