+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
question: do we wait for an "email" invite for test? or the online tracker will be updated first > and then email invite?

just curious how it works.
Yes. In my case, my online tracker got updated first about the test activity and then I received an email with detailed instructions about how to give test,

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I checked citizenship tracker website today and saw that it is 'Scheduled for citizenship oath' status now. It is scheduled for March 22nd. I haven't received the email yet.

Reactions: aacan

meetr

Jul 31, 2021
Hello, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I sent in my citizenship application back in April in the same package as my parents'. They got their AOR through email and I didn't receive mine until weeks later in the mail. When I tried to register an account to track it, it gave me an error saying that either UCI or application number was wrong, which is strange. I tried to track it on the old ECAS system and it says that they were not able to identify me using the information I provided.

My parents just did their citizenship tests today and I have not heard anything about my application at all whether it was denied or anything. I have tried to reach out through the online form 3 times over the past few months and have not heard anything back.

Is there anything I can do or is it safe to assume that my application was just somehow denied and they never let me know? Any sort of help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

maddy044

Jan 22, 2016
Hello, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I sent in my citizenship application back in April in the same package as my parents'. They got their AOR through email and I didn't receive mine until weeks later in the mail. When I tried to register an account to track it, it gave me an error saying that either UCI or application number was wrong, which is strange. I tried to track it on the old ECAS system and it says that they were not able to identify me using the information I provided.

My parents just did their citizenship tests today and I have not heard anything about my application at all whether it was denied or anything. I have tried to reach out through the online form 3 times over the past few months and have not heard anything back.

Is there anything I can do or is it safe to assume that my application was just somehow denied and they never let me know? Any sort of help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
You got your AOR by mail because you either did not provide an email address or made a mistake on it. That is also the reason you can’t register on the online tracker. Call them or send webform ASAP and update your email address and follow the link for the citizenship test that your parents used and fill in your information to see if you can sit the test. There is a good chance you were invited for the test with your parents.

Edit: Also, if you provided a duplicate email i.e same as your parents that could also have caused the issue.

meetr

Jul 31, 2021
You got your AOR by mail because you either did not provide an email address or made a mistake on it. That is also the reason you can’t register on the online tracker. Call them or send webform ASAP and update your email address and follow the link for the citizenship test that your parents used and fill in your information to see if you can sit the test. There is a good chance you were invited for the test with your parents.

Edit: Also, if you provided a duplicate email i.e same as your parents that could also have caused the issue.
Thank you so much for your reply and the information! I didn't know the email issue would affect the tracker as well. I do think I might have forgotten to put my email in my application. I'll be sure to check if I can take the test as well and call tomorrow.

sme990

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Hello everyone. Just noticed from status tracker I've been invited to Citizenship Ceremony scheduled on March 21st. No email received yet.
Hello, I have the same update but my citizenship ceremony is scheduled for March 8 but I haven't received an email yet. Did you receive it?

Thanks in advance!

Psych

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
Hello, I have the same update but my citizenship ceremony is scheduled for March 8 but I haven't received an email yet. Did you receive it?

Thanks in advance!
It seems like the invite email could be sent a few days before the ceremony.

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Just got email for the Citizenship Ceremony as well scheduled for March 21 2022.

Reactions: avm