February 2021 - Citizenship applications

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still no Online Applicants thru' yet. Yikes. Congrats everyone that has got their AOR back too.
Couple of Dec online applicants got AOR earlier this week. So, there is still some progress (although very slow).

Reactions: BCLimey

Lavanda

Jan 6, 2016
You will need to use the form date Oct 2020 that is the latest. This is in the IRCC website: Applications received at our Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, NS March 1, 2021 or later must use forms from October 2020 or later (indicated on the lower left corner of the form). Application forms that are not up-to-date will be returned as incomplete. IRCC does not consider the date of signatures or mailing to be deciding factors.
Thank you, Strongfaith42.
I found it. It seams i downloaded the form just before they replaced it. Strange...

Reactions: Strongfaith42

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I know this isnt directly related to Feb applicants but for Q 13 did anyone list visit visas as well? They want to know immigration status should visit visas be included?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I know this isnt directly related to Feb applicants but for Q 13 did anyone list visit visas as well? They want to know immigration status should visit visas be included?
First of all, I’m not an expert or lawyer. I just state my personal opinion here on which you should not rely to make your vital decisions for immigration purposes. You should always contact IRCC to find reliable answers as they’re the only reliable source.

Regarding your question, nobody knows exactly. Different people claim they’ve called IRCC and got different answers. Some were told that no need to include visitor visas. Others claims they were told that we need to include them.

In my personal opinion, the most reliable source is IRCC, accordingly the instruction guide itself. Instruction guide says:
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
As you can see, there is no visitor visa among the categories. If you want to refer to the instruction guide, you don’t need to include visitor visas. That’s what I did!

However, the forms have been updated! You can see a drop-down menu in the form in this section, in which you see an option called Visitor! In the online forms as well! That’s when the big question is raised! When the instruction guide does not mention visitor VISA, why do we have this option in the drop-down menu? Isn’t the instruction guide supposed to be the most reliable guide for filling the forms?

Furthermore, you might say that maybe the categories mentioned in the instruction guide are just a bunch of examples, with which I strongly disagree! If they were some examples, there would be a term or word like “for example, ie, for instance, etc.“ before them. That’s why I believe all categories needed to be written in the form as an immigration status in another country are already mentioned in the instruction guide, but how do we explain this extra option in the drop-down menu?!

So, no specific answer to your question can be given. It’s totally up to you to decide.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with what @RJ2020 said. I had not included visitor visa details in my application because it was not mentioned in instruction guide. However, I later sent those details through webform after finding dropdown value of Visitor in latest forms.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Sorry about the previous link I sent, ignore my comment, it appears that RJ2020 has provided more insights into this question above.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJ2020

tjdnxor724

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
26-11-2017
Med's Request
09-04-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
LANDED..........
12-02-2019
Physical Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: February 16th, 2021
Delivered: February 18th, 2021
AOR: Not received yet

Would you update this on the sheet?

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Couple of Dec online applicants got AOR earlier this week. So, there is still some progress (although very slow).
I have seen trends of online apps getting processed slower than when it was originally started in early December. Where now it seems online apps getting AOR in 110+ days, when early December applicants getting AOR in 60-80 days. It's almost unbelievable to see that there is such backlog even just for the first month of testing new water.

Last edited:

SwanTanya

Jul 22, 2017
Physical Days: 1125
Application: Single
Application sent: February 16, 2021
Delivered: February 19, 2021
No AOR yet

Paper app, online didn't work

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
First of all, I’m not an expert or lawyer. I just state my personal opinion here on which you should not rely to make your vital decisions for immigration purposes. You should always contact IRCC to find reliable answers as they’re the only reliable source.

Regarding your question, nobody knows exactly. Different people claim they’ve called IRCC and got different answers. Some were told that no need to include visitor visas. Others claims they were told that we need to include them.

In my personal opinion, the most reliable source is IRCC, accordingly the instruction guide itself. Instruction guide says:
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
As you can see, there is no visitor visa among the categories. If you want to refer to the instruction guide, you don’t need to include visitor visas. That’s what I did!

However, the forms have been updated! You can see a drop-down menu in the form in this section, in which you see an option called Visitor! In the online forms as well! That’s when the big question is raised! When the instruction guide does not mention visitor VISA, why do we have this option in the drop-down menu? Isn’t the instruction guide supposed to be the most reliable guide for filling the forms?

Furthermore, you might say that maybe the categories mentioned in the instruction guide are just a bunch of examples, with which I strongly disagree! If they were some examples, there would be a term or word like “for example, ie, for instance, etc.“ before them. That’s why I believe all categories needed to be written in the form as an immigration status in another country are already mentioned in the instruction guide, but how do we explain this extra option in the drop-down menu?!

So, no specific answer to your question can be given. It’s totally up to you to decide.
I asked IRCC Twitter and got the following response:
1/2 Hi. Please include information about immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada in question 13 - this includes temporary statuses: visitor/tourist, student, employment/worker. From the information you have provided,
2/2 you would need to include your time as a visitor in question 13. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Thank you for your response. I asked IRCC Twitter and got the following response:
1/2 Hi. Please include information about immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada in question 13 - this includes temporary statuses: visitor/tourist, student, employment/worker. From the information you have provided,
2/2 you would need to include your time as a visitor in question 13. Hope this helps.
Do you think IRCC Twitter is unreliable like the call centre or would this be considered an official response?

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
i noticed that most of the applications labelled 'online application' on the google doc submitted in Jan 2021 didn't receive their AOR. does that mean paper application is better? i am confused and can't decide what is best. help!