+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Outland Applications?

Iceskater

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Hi Seronic.

How long it took to receive the GCMS notes?

Do they mention anything about the next due date for application or estimates?

Thanks,

Iceskater

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
Iceskater said:
Hi Seronic.

How long it took to receive the GCMS notes?

Do they mention anything about the next due date for application or estimates?

Thanks,

Iceskater
Took 31-32 days. I saw nothing about a due date since they haven't started on our application yet. Everything is "not started".

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
rash04 said:
Guys need your expertise, i got my passport renew last month as it was aboutto expire in december.
I got my spouse name added up too. So shall we send updated passport copy to my visa office???
Or we shall send when they request our passport.
If you are the sponsor its no need for anything..

What matters about the passport is that the name in the application need to match
with it, but that's all...

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
kristinkim said:
So I got some discouraging news today and had a bit of a breakdown. I got an email from the Case Processing Center...

I have reviewed your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class. I have concerns that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have maintained a conjugal relationship for at least one year as per section 2 of the Regulations. Canadian courts have set out the generally accepted characteristics of a conjugal relationship. These involve a mutual commitment to a shared life and a relationship of some permanence where the two parties are interdependent and have combined their affairs economically, socially, emotionally and physically, with consequences for one affecting the other. I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have met these criteria, based on the evidence you have provided. While you have provided some evidence of a relationship, you have not provided any evidence of combined affairs that would demonstrate that you are already in a conjugal (marriage-like) relationship and have been for at least one year.

You have stated that you are unable to cohabit with your sponsor prior to marriage on account of religious belief. I note, however, that it is your intention to marry, and you have not provided any evidence of an impediment to marriage which, like cohabitation in a common-law relationship are both legally recognized in Canada for the purpose of federal benefits and obligations and are provided for in the Act, I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have the significant degree of commitment characteristic of a conjugal relationship.

Bit of background. We've been together for 6 years. He's been back and forth living in the states and Canada over the past 6 years due to jobs/visas. I'm American, he's Canadian and we are getting married in two months in Canada. I "moved" up here last month and he's taken financial responsibility of me since I cannot work. I would have thought that me being in school in the states and his contract job in the states not getting renewed and him having to move back to Canada to work would have been enough of an impediment to not getting married, but apparently not. I'm working on evidence to show that we could not have married before now, but any other help would be more than appreciated.

Nothing I would like more two months before my wedding than this nice little present. :\

In other news, while they have obviously started processing our case, ECAS only says Application Received.
My best advise to you is to call CIC and ask if you can withdraw your application, and submit a new one after you get married. If not possible, you just need to consider this application as being denied, and show enough proof of marriage when you apply the next time. I think that in your case you need to wait a little, you though that Canada would accept your application under your considerations for conjugal relation, but as you can see, you both do not qualify, and need to do things well, and that means apply as a married couple. Wait the two months and present all the necessary requirements. but basically, you are in Canada already and just need to wait for you legal status. it will come

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
Hi,

We received an email from the Pretoria VO today as follows:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

The following documents are required:

- It will be necessary for you to sign the attached Statutory Declarations in the presence of a Notary Public and return the originals to our office. (Attached.)

- It will be necessary for you to sign the attached Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union in the presence of a Notary Public and return the original to our office. (Attached.)

- Please correctly complete Questions 16 and 17 of your Generic Application Form for Canada form. (Attached.)

We should receive the above mentioned documents within 60 days. Failure to meet this deadline may result in the refusal of your application.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The statutory decelerations are fine, I understand those as they relate to my children who are part of the application but will not accompanying me at this point.

However, they have asked to correctly complete questions 16 and 17 of the Generic Application Form for Canada. It doesn't make sense and I am wondering if they made a mistake. They sent page 4 which contains the information of my dependent child. I answered "single" and "No" respectively for questions 16 and 17.

Would someone mind confirming that I answered this correctly please and that it is in fact a mistake on the VO's side?

I would like to email them and inform them today while I get the remainder of the requested documents notarized and sent.

Thank you,

marlasinger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
16-07-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014 Decision Made..:29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-01-2015
TorontoEH said:
*snip* The statutory decelerations are fine, I understand those as they relate to my children who are part of the application but will not accompanying me at this point.

However, they have asked to correctly complete questions 16 and 17 of the Generic Application Form for Canada. It doesn't make sense and I am wondering if they made a mistake. They sent page 4 which contains the information of my dependent child. I answered "single" and "No" respectively for questions 16 and 17.

Would someone mind confirming that I answered this correctly please and that it is in fact a mistake on the VO's side?

I would like to email them and inform them today while I get the remainder of the requested documents notarized and sent.

Thank you,
It must be a mistake. Looking at the form there is only a question 16 and 17 for the dependants personal details. From your confusion I'm guessing these are young children and the only answers would be "single" and "no". That's what I filled out for my husband's two young children and I don't see how that would possibly be wrong.

All I could guess is perhaps since you have been in a relationship before they might think you filled in your personal details incorrectly, but have sent the wrong page and given the wrong question numbers to correct? Definitely email them back and ask for clarification.

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
We have triple checked all the documents and they actually sent us page 4 which is specifically for the defendant child. We have basically concluded that it is a mistake and have sent an explanatory letter along with the declarations. Thanks for your comments.

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
We received our notes on Friday. The only two entries are related to stage 1 and we are currently "in process" stage 2. Both stage 1 entries highlighted a mistake made by the VO. They obviously did not read all of the supporting documentation and misinterpreted the information they did read. So this in addition to the request we received from the VO which was clearly a mistake on their part is a little concerning. We called the CIC help number and informed them of the concerns. They said that notes would be made and the information would be passed onto the relevant people. The CIC person agreed that the notes and the stage 2 request were errors on the part of CIC.

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
TorontoEH said:
We received our notes on Friday. The only two entries are related to stage 1 and we are currently "in process" stage 2. Both stage 1 entries highlighted a mistake made by the VO. They obviously did not read all of the supporting documentation and misinterpreted the information they did read. So this in addition to the request we received from the VO which was clearly a mistake on their part is a little concerning. We called the CIC help number and informed them of the concerns. They said that notes would be made and the information would be passed onto the relevant people. The CIC person agreed that the notes and the stage 2 request were errors on the part of CIC.
Man it's hard to have faith in this process eh? Keep your head up!

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that my wife and I got the Passport Request email. ;D

ayayombo

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
24-02-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
bono1 said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that my wife and I got the Passport Request email. ;D
Congratulations bono. its nice to know that they are actually working on our files.

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Hello buddies,

There is another episode in my immigration story. I received an email from the embassy of Paris 11 days ago saying that they required the police certificate from me (from a third country that I was living for a year) to complete the application. They gave me 30 days to answer, and I could only answer by mail.
I sent them an email back saying that I sent a police certificate already (With a scanned copy in the email), and if they need, I can order a new one again.
A few hours later after sending the email, I realized that police certificates can only be 3 months old when the application is submitted, being mine 3 months and 2 weeks old. So I ordered right away a new police certificate.
This morning, just as a part of my routine and not expecting any change, I checked ECAS, and surprise surprise => DECISION MADE!
I'm totally confused, I would think that the answer would be positive but it could be negative as well. It doesn't make sense that they would have decide something not waiting the 30 days that they gave me. I don't know what to think, and I guess I have to wait until I get the resolution or the notes that I'm expecting to get in 4-5 days

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
That's good news Steler, congrats. We were asked to sign some declarations last week and have them notarized. They relate to my children so we are hoping that it's a good sign.

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
TorontoEH said:
That's good news Steler, congrats. We were asked to sign some declarations last week and have them notarized. They relate to my children so we are hoping that it's a good sign.
is it good news? I'm not going to be relax until I have the COPR