+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bunuelbresson said:
I just received a letter for my test and my wife's test.

It is in 2 weeks. Montreal. Applied in February.

What is surprising is that my status online is still "received"
BIG CONGRAZZZZZZZ

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
u4g5 said:
Cam
h3a3j6
IamAlbertan
MGHY
R2D2
SiberianA
Bikar
RahilP06
bunuelbresson

any test inviteo
Hello gang.

So, updating you with my status... After the 'Received Line' disappeared in early July... I got an RQ by mail (2-3 days later) from the Montreal office, guess I'm in it for the long version alas...

Filled and sent all the papers out which took a lot of time and money and now waiting for some updates.

Anyone can share their experience after sending their RQ paperwork from Montreal? How much time before the actual test?

Thanks!

Anjuli

Jan 18, 2014
Hello friends
Here my timeline.

Application sent Feb 26th Received March 3rd,
Started processing April 11th
RQ June 3rd***extra docs sent
Invitation to test sent to me august 30th I got the letter sept 4th

My test will be sept 20th Mississauga office.
Wish me luck!!wishing everyone luck :).
Any tips?xo

cloudycanada

Oct 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Taipei (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
Seira said:
After the 15 minutes interview, I got the oath invitation for me and my kids on 17th Sep.

Thanks for all the information, feedback and advice friends. Really appreciate it.
I am sure you will get the good news soon.
You got the oath invite right away on-site?
I thought it'll always come in mail 1~2 months after the Test/Interview, interesting

My wife passed her test 20/20

Interview - they checked the Passport for stamps, but questioned her on the "Arrival date" on the PR Day calculator printout, which we put down the 1st day she comes to Canada as VISITOR (in 2009, beyond the 4 year range anyway)
They said why isn't it the Landing date, then she answered because we put the landing date below and asked back what should we put down then, if not the 1st visitor date? She couldn't answer, and only said "it doesn't matter since you cannot change it anyway" and just put a big question mark on the Arrival Date.

I find that really odd, to question the "Arrival Date" 5 years ago (we counted Arrival of 2009/08 till 2010/06 Landing as 0.5 day, which is irrelevant for the 1085 days in last 4 years anyway)

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi Cloudycanada,

I guess mentioning the visitor date made them ask you those questions. Because the landing date refers to the date we land in Canada as a Permanent resident.

But as it is not a major issue, am sure she will be fine. As long as you have the Landing document as the proof and let them know about the confusion, it should be fine.

cloudycanada said:
You got the oath invite right away on-site?
I thought it'll always come in mail 1~2 months after the Test/Interview, interesting

My wife passed her test 20/20

Interview - they checked the Passport for stamps, but questioned her on the "Arrival date" on the PR Day calculator printout, which we put down the 1st day she comes to Canada as VISITOR (in 2009, beyond the 4 year range anyway)
They said why isn't it the Landing date, then she answered because we put the landing date below and asked back what should we put down then, if not the 1st visitor date? She couldn't answer, and only said "it doesn't matter since you cannot change it anyway" and just put a big question mark on the Arrival Date.

I find that really odd, to question the "Arrival Date" 5 years ago (we counted Arrival of 2009/08 till 2010/06 Landing as 0.5 day, which is irrelevant for the 1085 days in last 4 years anyway)

cloudycanada

Oct 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Taipei (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
Seira said:
Hi Cloudycanada,

I guess mentioning the visitor date made them ask you those questions. Because the landing date refers to the date we land in Canada as a Permanent resident.

But as it is not a major issue, am sure she will be fine. As long as you have the Landing document as the proof and let them know about the confusion, it should be fine.
I agree, and since we're not in a big rush, it's not a big deal, I just find it funny - what other date should I put then? If they want the same date as Landing date, why even ask as it's on the next line?

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
I entered the day I first arrived in Canada as a Student (Study permit), following advise from a friend who got his citizenship a year back.

Not sure if that technically counts as the day I first came to 'live' in Canada (I will find out in my post test interview I guess :D), but nothing else explains having these 2 fields one after another....

itsmytrack

Jan 31, 2014
I took the test this morning at Mississauga office, and passed! The officer handed out the oath ceremony invitations to my family which is held next Friday; the lady who interviewed us was super nice and friendly.

Thank you so much guys for sharing your information and knowledge. Good luck to you all.
;)

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmytrack said:
I took the test this morning at Mississauga office, and passed! The officer handed out the oath ceremony invitations to my family which is held next Friday; the lady who interviewed us was super nice and friendly.

Thank you so much guys for sharing your information and knowledge. Good luck to you all.
;)
Any details on how the interview was? What type of questions did they ask and any hard questions?

itsmytrack

Jan 31, 2014
kentTO said:
Any details on how the interview was? What type of questions did they ask and any hard questions?
The interview went smooth, and there was no hard(?) questions. As I said the senior officer was super nice and friendly. She just checked our passports (she photo copied them including old ones), and other original documents; we didn't travel during the period though. She has asked about my job... how's my son's school going something like that. Pretty much like small talk, and we were very relaxing.

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
itsmytrack said:
The interview went smooth, and there was no hard(?) questions. As I said the senior officer was super nice and friendly. She just checked our passports (she photo copied them including old ones), and other original documents; we didn't travel during the period though. She has asked about my job... how's my son's school going something like that. Pretty much like small talk, and we were very relaxing.
Hi itsmytrack;

Do u mind if you share the time of your test? Was it @ 7:45 AM or @ later time in the morning?

MonsieurCito

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmytrack said:

;)
CONGRATS!