+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine is at local office (Fredericton) for a month now, hope it will be different
Courage AnneSophie

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because I asked several times to CIC call center and was confirmed thge date of transfer (and even the date it was received by local office)!

namrijig

Jan 8, 2014
kentTO said:
1) Does the test date show up in ECAS? What is the status? - Yes, date showed up in ECAS. Status- sent you letter to appear for test on Aug 5th

2) Does ECAS get updated first or do you get the test letter first? - for me ECAS was updated 2 days before I actually got the letter by mail.

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
Wishing u all the best!!!! To God be the Glory, I became a Canadian yesterday after the oath ceremony. Stay hopeful guys. I noticed some regions are faster than the other, all we can do is 2 hang in there. Mine took approximately 6months from start 2 finish.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
jerry2121 said:
Wishing u all the best!!!! To God be the Glory, I became a Canadian yesterday after the oath ceremony. Stay hopeful guys. I noticed some regions are faster than the other, all we can do is 2 hang in there. Mine took approximately 6months from start 2 finish.
Congrats !! Can you please share your test experience ? Do you have a lot of travel history or nothing ?

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
jerry2121 said:
Congrats Jerry2121!

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
muzmil said:
Congrats !! Can you please share your test experience ? Do you have a lot of travel history or nothing ?
I have only travelled out 3 times. 2 times before the application was submitted and 1 time after the citizenship application. Test wasn't bad, all I did was just read the whole "discover Canada book" first and then practice lots of questions online. Interview was basically to check the travelling stamps to ensure it corresponds with what u submitted in application. My international passport was renewed after I submitted the application, so, the interviewer asked me if I have the copy of the new passport. I said yes, she said "well, I can see you were prepared - you had 20/20 in ur test. expect ur notice for oath ceremony in August" .

Cheers and good luck! and thanks Guys.

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
jerry2121 said:
I have only travelled out 3 times. 2 times before the application was submitted and 1 time after the citizenship application. Test wasn't bad, all I did was just read the whole "discover Canada book" first and then practice lots of questions online. Interview was basically to check the travelling stamps to ensure it corresponds with what u submitted in application. My international passport was renewed after I submitted the application, so, the interviewer asked me if I have the copy of the new passport. I said yes, she said "well, I can see you were prepared - you had 20/20 in ur test. expect ur notice for oath ceremony in August" .

Cheers and good luck! and thanks Guys.
Can you please tell me if you had same job and address through out 4 years ?

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
toronto0725 said:
Can you please tell me if you had same job and address through out 4 years ?
Sure, I have had 4 addresses and 3 jobs since 4 yrs.. And I listed them from 1st to the last address in my application.

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
jerry2121 said:
Sure, I have had 4 addresses and 3 jobs since 4 yrs.. And I listed them from 1st to the last address in my application.
Thanks !! So the officer didn't ask anything about that ? My job durations are as little as 1 month .. Do u think it will create an issue ?

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Quick update from our side. We have received our test invitation for August 11th. Update seen online, we will probably receive the letter this week. All the best, Sophie

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Application received on Feb 24th
In process March 28th
Transfer to local office May 21st
Test date August 11th
"Received" line still there.