We have received our stamped passports and CoPR Yesterday:

Here is my time lines so far:

Appln Received : 18-Feb-2013
AOR: 27-Mar-2013
RCMP Request: 18-Nov-2013
RCMP done: 23-Nov-2013
Employment Letter Request : 06-Dec-2013
Employment Letter Submitted: 14-dec-2013
Medical request : 16-Dec-2013(We had a valid medical availble with CIC, as we had completed medical as part of our TRV(WP) process, So our medical was just a e-mail away from CIC)
PPT Request : 20-Dec-2013
PPT Submitted : 04-Jan-2014(Missed out the PPT request for 2 weeks since it was laying in 'Important' folder in gmail :))
PPT Received by CIC: 8-Jan-2014
VISA issued date: 15-jan-2014
Stamped PPT received back on : 22-Jan-2014

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Folks can you shed some light and some solutions for my below query
So i've applied for my CEC PR last Feb and added my spouse onto my application who is currently in Mumbai, India. So far I haven't had any updates from CIC regarding our PR.
I want to bring my wife to Canada as a visitor.
1) Can I bring her as a visitor ? Would that complicate any PR issues?
2) If we get Medical requests, Can she do her medicals in Canada or does she need to go back to India?
3) If we need to send passports for stamping, would she need to go back to india and visit the Canadian Embassy in Delhi to complete formalities? Or can she be in Toronto as a visitor and complete the formalities from here itself?

Oh and I have until May 27th for my BOWP to expire.. would this hinder the process

Any other suggestions or solutions that you'll can provide me in order to bring her here or why no to bring her here before our PR .. then pls let me know

Cheers

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
Winterfox said:
Folks can you shed some light and some solutions for my below query
So i've applied for my CEC PR last Feb and added my spouse onto my application who is currently in Mumbai, India. So far I haven't had any updates from CIC regarding our PR.
I want to bring my wife to Canada as a visitor.
1) Can I bring her as a visitor ? Would that complicate any PR issues?
2) If we get Medical requests, Can she do her medicals in Canada or does she need to go back to India?
3) If we need to send passports for stamping, would she need to go back to india and visit the Canadian Embassy in Delhi to complete formalities? Or can she be in Toronto as a visitor and complete the formalities from here itself?

Oh and I have until May 27th for my BOWP to expire.. would this hinder the process

Any other suggestions or solutions that you'll can provide me in order to bring her here or why no to bring her here before our PR .. then pls let me know

Cheers
1) She can come here as a visitor, but would need to go through the visit visa process and show that she has strong enough ties to Mumbai that she will return after her visit. That can be more difficult given that you live in Canada, but it is still possible. The other option is for her to apply for an open work permit based on your work permit. I have a friend who's wife was recently rejected for a visit visa but was given an open work permit. The fact that you have a permit that is expiring may play a role, as her permit can only be valid as long as yours is. No harm in applying though, and it will not complicate your PR application.

2) She should be able to do her medicals anywhere. Just needs to show a passport to prove her identity.

3) If you are able to get her here on an open work permit, she can change her address to Canada and you can send her passport to Ottawa. I'm not sure if she can do that on a visit visa, so I'll let someone else address that. If nothing else, she can always travel back to India, get her PR stamp and return.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
spookyb said:
1) She can come here as a visitor, but would need to go through the visit visa process and show that she has strong enough ties to Mumbai that she will return after her visit. That can be more difficult given that you live in Canada, but it is still possible. The other option is for her to apply for an open work permit based on your work permit. I have a friend who's wife was recently rejected for a visit visa but was given an open work permit. The fact that you have a permit that is expiring may play a role, as her permit can only be valid as long as yours is. No harm in applying though, and it will not complicate your PR application.

2) She should be able to do her medicals anywhere. Just needs to show a passport to prove her identity.

3) If you are able to get her here on an open work permit, she can change her address to Canada and you can send her passport to Ottawa. I'm not sure if she can do that on a visit visa, so I'll let someone else address that. If nothing else, she can always travel back to India, get her PR stamp and return.
Thanks Spooks .. your replies were apt and clear.

Nasdi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
could it be possible that there's no problem with my file since i havent gotten news ? or it absolutely means it's under review or something's wrong....

App rec : feb 28th
AOR : april 9th.
GCMS on december 12th showed nothing started at all except criminality.

i ordered a new set on jan 7th. but im really starting to panic now.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Nasdi said:
could it be possible that there's no problem with my file since i havent gotten news ? or it absolutely means it's under review or something's wrong....

App rec : feb 28th
AOR : april 9th.
GCMS on december 12th showed nothing started at all except criminality.

i ordered a new set on jan 7th. but im really starting to panic now.
There's a lot of people who're in the same situation @Nasdi . I got my aor on april 8th, app received on feb 27th, no news thus far. I have requested for GCMS notes today. How long did it take for them to send you the notes?

Nasdi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
the last set of notes had a glitch in their system, they actually received my request but it did not go through for some odd reason....so i had to email them 34 days after my request and i got it within a couple days with an email explaining they had a glitch with my request....talk about unlucky....

hwoever, i think the GCMS notes take 2 days to print out but they do not send it to you before 30 days, this is probably to stop people from spam requesting GCMS notes which makes sense to me.
They are required by law to send it within 30 days though, if it takes more because of some issue, they are required by law, again, to inform you of the delay.

so i guess we just have to wait then

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
faiyaz.ally said:
Any new updates with anyone here? I'm still awaiting an answer from CEC.
Naa dude we all r waiting.. the more the wait the harder it gets in terms of uncertainty.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Just received my MR....Holy Cow! such a relief!

I had a question for you guys. I had undergone a medical exam for my BOWP which I applied just this month. Can I send the medical exam proof of that medical exam? Where do we have to send these results to? the same CPP-O office at 219 Laurier...bla bla bla?

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
faiyaz.ally said:
You're next! And Thanks! :)
hey congrats man .. thats great stuff...
but y did u give medicals for BOWP .. I applied without medicals last june