Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
I reckon you should do what CIC suggests. They should figure out what's going on.

It's good that they've informed you about the possible extension of the medical. I was under the impression that they would only seek an extension if the expired medical is the only thing preventing PR from being granted. I don't like to get your hopes up, but the fact that they are seeking the extension sounds like it could be good news?

As for timelines, this thread could be of use: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t114915.0.html

It looks like anything from 3 to 7 weeks, going on the posts in that thread.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Our current problem is we do not know what to put in the Passport request. It asks the following:

"Please complete the following information for YOU AND ALL YOUR DEPENDANTS, whether accompanying or not. We do not need the passports nor passport numbers of non-accompanying family members. Please write legibly."

Hi Thundersoul: This is a standard format of letter that they send to all. Just fill out Applicant's information and send only applicant's passport to VO. By the way, is Manila your VO? or NOT?

cdn1

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2012
AOR Received.
July-2012
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
Nov. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
ThunderSoul said:
Regarding "File No.: B......." I spoke to CIC support and they had no idea what to do, they confused us even more. They claimed to leave that section blank as if it is for office use only (form does not say office use only) and write a little note and provide the F number....

What do you guys think?
The file # starting with a B (BXXXXXXXXX) is the "paper file number", used at the visa offices.....

The file # starting with F (F000XXXXXX) is the electronic file number in the case processing system (it is GCMS now, not CAIPS anymore).

Most communication is done using the FXXXXXXX number these days. Once a file is transferred to visa office abroad, CIC Call Centre is no longer able to check the file anyway.......

As long as you provide the FXXXXXXXX number to anyone at CIC, it should be enough.

Hope this is helpful. There is no need to confuse the two numbers.

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Well we are still waiting for PR but at least our kids Canadian citizenship certificates are in the mail! They went in process on Nov 1st and were sent out on Nov 8th. It at least gives me hope that at least someone at CIC knows how to open paperwork and do their job ;)
Lets hope this is just the first of brown envelopes from Canada with good news in the next few weeks!!!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
Well we are still waiting for PR but at least our kids Canadian citizenship certificates are in the mail! They went in process on Nov 1st and were sent out on Nov 8th. It at least gives me hope that at least someone at CIC knows how to open paperwork and do their job ;)
Lets hope this is just the first of brown envelopes from Canada with good news in the next few weeks!!!
good, although they should have had this done long ago...really am out of words

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Dr Eng X said:
good, although they should have had this done long ago...really am out of words
lol... yeah I'm just glad that I happened to check the kids citizenship file number because I would have been so excited to get the brown envelope and then really disappointed when it was their citizenship records...lol Yeah it is sad to me that we sent in our immigration stuff in February and it's still not done but I sent in the kids stuff July 24th then didn't even open it till Nov.1 and they were able to read, approve, print and mail it out in less then a week.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
lol... yeah I'm just glad that I happened to check the kids citizenship file number because I would have been so excited to get the brown envelope and then really disappointed when it was their citizenship records...lol Yeah it is sad to me that we sent in our immigration stuff in February and it's still not done but I sent in the kids stuff July 24th then didn't even open it till Nov.1 and they were able to read, approve, print and mail it out in less then a week.
You know that Ottawa is helping in stage I!!

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Dr Eng X said:
You know that Ottawa is helping in stage I!!
Nope I didn't know that... well I guess I better get saving for another medical exam because my husbands expires next month :mad:
Yeah that totally makes sense for Ottawa... you know because they don't have any backlog or anything.. why not help Missasaga out because that 35 days for stage one really needs to be lower.... wait a minute!!! ;)

bassem132

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
syria
Category........
Visa Office......
amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03\02\2012
AOR Received.
01\03\2012
File Transfer...
02\03\2012
Thank you for your help I sent CSQ via e-mail and also sent them across the
DHL helped me well and I wish you success and I received the update of immigration
We received your application for permanent residence on February 3, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 8, 2012.

Medical results have been received

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
bassem132 said:
Thank you for your help I sent CSQ via e-mail and also sent them across the
DHL helped me well and I wish you success and I received the update of immigration
We received your application for permanent residence on February 3, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 8, 2012.

Medical results have been received

grats, good work

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
My wife's additional documents have been received by a security guard in Manila. There are many embassies/departments in the RCBC towers, I hope he knows how to deliver it without losing it or soiling it to the proper department as written on the envelope.

Well... she sent a CSE to advise them the documents were sent and asked if they can reply and tell her if they received it or not.

The MP will follow up Nov. 30. Hopefully by then they would have opened the envelope and have an answer to the medical extension.

I don't know what to think.

With all this frustration and ridiculousness, I'm out of energy. I was thinking our application would be smooth and "send-and-forget", but it was nothing like that. It sapped us both of energy and now that it's almost coming to an end I'm stumped/shocked. I dunno what to say/think, we had plans, now all I got is... <period>. Nothing. Zero. Nada. Zippage.

Like.... "What are we gonna do next?"... Our date plans have come and gone, all energy lost.

It's terrible.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
You will be re-energized when your wife gets her visa and COPR. It will be worth it in the end.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Plans can be changed, the fact that you and your wife will be together soon is the most important thing of all.....your time is drawing nearer, at least have faith in that :)

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
You will be re-energized when your wife gets her visa and COPR. It will be worth it in the end.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

I just don't want any more bullshit. They still have to be able to send the document to the right address. Just not India. Please.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
Thanks, I appreciate that.

I just don't want any more bull*censored word*. They still have to be able to send the document to the right address. Just not India. Please.
I know. It has been a nightmare. But you will have your wife soon.