Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raine25 said:
Good day to all of you :) I just want to get some info. About my application, I'm a February applicant I was just confused about my e-cas info .. My husband sponsoring me on Canada since my application is turning this NOVEMBER 22 will exactly 9months is it possible that my visa grant this november?

FEBRUARY 22- embassy received my application in Manila.
AUGUST 5- start processing my papers
AUGUST medical report received since I have my medical early it's been expired already,
SEPTEMBER- receive a letter from embassy for me to send my passport,NBI, and my voters I'd since my birthcertificate is late register
OCTOBER 21- I receive an email from embassy to undergo another medical exam,
NOVEMBER 5 MEDICAL DONE
congrats

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malkito said:
My Wife get her PR Visa on MOnday. We sent the passport a week ago. A february case closed!
congrats

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
So what do we do about Appendix B?

They also asked for personal history but they did not specify a date. What date should we give personal history?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why CIC is trying to meet their posted processing times for many cases? If they do that their processing times are always increasing!
I'll take Ankara (not my VO) as an example; they increased their processing times dramatically and now they are trying to meet these targets. If they are doing the opposite it would make sense!
Now CPP-Ottawa is processing files from appealed cases, Cairo, Islamabad, closed US visa offices and helping in first stage. It is not fair for those who waited longer than usual for first stage to still wait for their set targets on second stage!! We see people applied way after us and processed by the same VO and have their cases finalized.
1st stage processing times is 35days
It jumped to more than 95days before
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
it is crazy how they are doing it and we are the ones that get the short end of the stick!

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
ThunderSoul said:
So what do we do about Appendix B?

They also asked for personal history but they did not specify a date. What date should we give personal history?
Do you mean personal history like on form IMM5669? I recall they needed everything from age 18, and if age 18 was less than ten years ago then they needed a full ten years of personal history. In my case, I was 17 years old ten years ago so I had to give my personal history from the age of 17 rather than from age 18. Hope this helps to clarify things.

I say do the photos as specified on Appendix B. It can't hurt to give them more than what they might be looking for in your situation.

I am not sure how remedical requests are issued but it sounds most likely that it will be a remedical situation rather than a medical extension, given the timeframe.

I am not sure of the address you should send things to. Dare I say... yet another case-specific enquiry may be in order??? :-\

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
hellpppp. my husband just got a approval for pr..he is in ny for work till dec 13th...he has to pick up his visa by nov24th. can he extend his visa?

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
I have an urgent question: my husband got his visa and on it, it says: IF YOU ENTER CANADA AT A PORT OF ENTRY IN QUEBEC YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY QUEBEC AND HAVE A VALID CSQ OR BE PREPARED TO DOCUMENT YOUR CLEAR INTENTION TO RESIDE IN A PROVINCE OTHER THAN QUEBEC. My husbands' last stop is Montreal then I am picking him up by car and driving to Ottawa where I live. How is he suppose to document that we are actually driving from Montreal to Ottawa our final destination? Does he give them my adress?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
He can't land in Quebec. You'll need to change the flight.

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
He can't land in Quebec. You'll need to change the flight.
But it says he needs to prove that he is not staying in quebec so he has my adress in Ottawa printed all over the documents he received. Wouldn't he just show them those?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Oh I don't know. I jut thought you couldn't land in Quebec.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TVG said:
I have an urgent question: my husband got his visa and on it, it says: IF YOU ENTER CANADA AT A PORT OF ENTRY IN QUEBEC YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY QUEBEC AND HAVE A VALID CSQ OR BE PREPARED TO DOCUMENT YOUR CLEAR INTENTION TO RESIDE IN A PROVINCE OTHER THAN QUEBEC. My husbands' last stop is Montreal then I am picking him up by car and driving to Ottawa where I live. How is he suppose to document that we are actually driving from Montreal to Ottawa our final destination? Does he give them my adress?
TVG - How exciting that your husband is landing soon :)

People land often during connecting flights in the province of Québec. He should be prepared to explain why he chose that flight and have the facts to convince them that he's going to reside in Ottawa and not stay on the Québec side. They can always ask you (assuming you are waiting for him they can pop out or they can call your cell phone) or he can show some proof of your address (e.g., recent utility bill, your driver's license). Is he landing early enough for you to drive to Ottawa that night? If not, have a copy of the hotel reservation so that he can show temporary accommodations that match the itinerary. And, it would probably help for him to take a look at the geography/route so he can speak to it. In all likelihood it won't be a big deal but if he gets an officer who is particularly picky that day, it's best to be prepared.

He should also have your address readily available when they ask for it for his PR (I usually suggest having it on a slip of paper to avoid any confusion - some officers appreciate it).

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
OhCanadiana said:
TVG - How exciting that your husband is landing soon :)

People land often during connecting flights in the province of Québec. He should be prepared to explain why he chose that flight and have the facts to convince them that he's going to reside in Ottawa and not stay on the Québec side. They can always ask you (assuming you are waiting for him they can pop out or they can call your cell phone) or he can show some proof of your address (e.g., recent utility bill, your driver's license). Is he landing early enough for you to drive to Ottawa that night? If not, have a copy of the hotel reservation so that he can show temporary accommodations that match the itinerary. And, it would probably help for him to take a look at the geography/route so he can speak to it. In all likelihood it won't be a big deal but if he gets an officer who is particularly picky that day, it's best to be prepared.

He should also have your address readily available when they ask for it for his PR (I usually suggest having it on a slip of paper to avoid any confusion - some officers appreciate it).
Thanks for the explanation. I called CIC and they were very hesitant about how they answered the question. He said it is up to the officers discretion it may result in a problem it may not. Quebec has different laws and regulations from the rest of Canada so he basically made it sound like I should not book that flight. My travel agent also said that there is a rule that they have to inform me that as a permanent resident first time landing he may encounter problems in Quebec. So to avoid any problems, we changed it and now he is landing in Toronto and then Ottawa. It is pretty frustrating because it was much easier for me to pick him up in Montreal.

Thanks again though.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Well at least he is landing, that is the best part of it all LOL

my hubby would land in Timbuktu right now if they would let him hahahaha

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
chickie72 said:
Well at least he is landing, that is the best part of it all LOL

my hubby would land in Timbuktu right now if they would let him hahahaha
Ohhh your comment made me laugh!! I know i shouldn't be complaining. By the way where is Timbuktu? Hahahahha lol