+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All friends

Hope all is well. I would like to know how much time these days they taking to complete Canadian Citizenship application for grant adult. I have sent my application to Nova Scotia 2 days ago along with my all proper papers work. I have already completed my 1460 days. Could you guys please share your experience what is the next process.

Thank you very much for all of your help in advance. :)

Regards,

shaon31

Aug 16, 2013
I just passed my Citizenship exam on Sept 2nd. My time line is as below -

Application rcvd -- Feb 18, 2015
AOR -- March 5, 2015
In Process -- June 1, 2015
File Transfer to Ottawa -- June 11, 2015
Req for Exam -- August 10, 2015
Exam Date -- Sept 2, 2015
Oath -- Waiting for it

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
shaon31 said:

AOR -- March 5, 2015
Oath -- Waiting for it
Congrats!! That's fast given Ottawa office
Was urs a single/ family application

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Congratulations Shaon31 !!!

What happened after the test? Can you share some of your experience after the test?

shaon31 said:

AOR -- March 5, 2015
Oath -- Waiting for it

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rossei said:
Unfortunately, my wife received an RQ (Request for Supplementary Evidence) today (letter dated 12-Aug-2015). Here's 3 docs they requested:

1) Any passport valid/expired, that were valid between 2011-10-06 and 2015-02-20. You must provide a colour photocopy of every page.
Note: All PP stamps/entries, including visas and permits, must be translated to English/French.

Q: She has only 2 entry/exit stamps on her 2 passports that are partly in Arabic (given in UAE) since we traveled from Canada to Bangladesh via UAE. Do we have to translate these? Everything else is in English.

2) Provincial Personal Health Claim Summary
Q: How long does it take?

3) Entry-exit records/ record of movement from USA for the period Oct 2011 - Feb, 2015.
Note: A full entry-exit record is required. Providing I-94 form travel history only will be considered incomplete.

Q: How long does FOIA online request take?

She was given 30-day (8 days already passed just to receive the letter) period to comply. Otherwise she should call CIC.

Surprisingly, when she had her interview on Aug 7 at CIC-London, the interviewer never bothered to ask anything about her residency. All she talked about was what she does etc. She only had few trips to US with me (some are not included as they are day trips). She was even told that she would get her oath in mid-October.

I would really appreciate if someone can answer my questions. Thanks.
Just an update re: my wife's RQ

1) Used Docbase Canada to translate 3 PP stamps (Arabic to English). Emailed on Aug 21 and documents arrived on Sep 3. They charge $10 per stamp for certified & notarized translation.

2) Mailed the PCH (OHIP) application on Aug 24 using XpressPost, received PCH on Sep 1.

3) Applied online on Aug 21 after creating a FOIAonline account for my wife. Although the online tracking showed an estimated completion on Sep 24; it was actually completed on Sep 3. I downloaded the entry-exit record from online account. I also attached her I-94 Travel Record with this as it seemed to me that the FOIA doesn't show exit records.

We mailed all docs on Sep 4, mail should reach CIC-London today. Not knowing when FOIA will be completed, my wife called CIC call centre (as it stated in her RQ letter) on Sep 1 to notify that she may not able to comply with all required docs by 30 days period. The call centre agent didn't help much other than asking her to send whatever she has to CIC-London with an explanation.

I'm just happy that everything worked out well within the time-frame we were given. Now let's hope it satisfies the case officer and her application doesn't get delayed.

I've provided all the links with this post if it helps someone with similar situation.

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Hi Everyone!

Yaaaay, finally me and hubby's ecas has been updated. We are invited to write the test on Sept 23 (we live in Calgary). We hope to get the citizenship before the end of this year. :))

Now off to start studying...:)

Good luck to everyone!!!!

arvind6365

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/02/2010
Nomination.....
16/04/2010
AOR Received.
16/04/2010
IELTS Request
15/03/2010
File Transfer...
01/09/2010
Med's Request
17/03/2011
Med's Done....
05/05/2011
Interview........
wevied off
Passport Req..
05/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
Good Morning,

I would like to share my timeline: I received my Test Date Today in EAS

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 23, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on September 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 1, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Best luck to all. if anybody can share/ guide how study for citizenship test.

Arvind6365

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Well Fellow February applicants today is a great day indeed. Writing here to share my experiences for those waiting for test for Feb and beyond.

I was scheduled to write the test today at Scarborough at 13:30. Reached there about 45 minutes early, there were two groups of people one who had pink color sheets (these people where taking oaths) and people with yellow color sheets indicating we were there for taking the test. The secretary handed out a blue color sheet to everyone writing the test, it had a list of prohibitions which you need to read and then sign.

They asked everyone aged 55+ to come in first, they all had yellow papers like us with 55+ written on them in blue ink. After that they called the test takers to a room and gave us scantron sheets where we had to fill in our details everything is explained by the examiner. If you fail this test you will be asked to come for a re-test about 4 to 8 weeks from the day of your test, if you fail the re-test you will be called in for a hearing with a judge who will do a verbal knowledge test that will be 6 to 8 months from the day of your re-test. If you fail the verbal knowledge test, you file will be marked as abandoned.

The test itself was a bit tricky the True or False questions make you think a bit, I passed got 18/20.

My tips are :

1) Read through the book twice.
2) Listen to these videos which summarize the important points nicely here :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA_kBhBkaMXLFteh-MC_Gaw

3) The two sites whose practice questions were closest is :

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/ and
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

If you do this much then you should easily pass you might get a few wrong like me on the slightly more difficult questions but definitely pass.

Following that we were asked to go and take a seat in the adjoining room and wait. Officers with case files walked in and called people's name, let them know there marks and asked questions.

For me the officer congratulated me on passing, checked my PR card, Driver License and Health Card. Then checked my COPR and asked me where I work, For how long have I worked in my company and my current position, she then asked me if I left Canada at all in the 4 year period and checked all passport stamps and checked them off in my file. She then took my blue prohibitions paper and said to bring PR card and COPR for oath.

She then told me should get oath invite in about 3 months. The entire process from start to finish took maybe about 15 minutes tops.

So I am one more step closer to citizenship, I wish everyone best of luck for taking test or waiting for test.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also go to youtube and write citizenship canada. They teach you and simplify the information for you.. I will have the link down below for you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHIsUjAnoDk&list=PLvgaZIzIgbIfOmA09P7tfz5fjrrUtl4lf

good luck alllllll Smiley

arvind6365 said:
Good Morning,

I would like to share my timeline: I received my Test Date Today in EAS

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 23, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on September 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 1, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Best luck to all. if anybody can share/ guide how study for citizenship test.

Arvind6365

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Congratulations Samreentariq and thanks for all the study tips! :D

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Congratulations Samreentariq !!!!

I have test tomorrow morning.

samreentariq said:
Well Fellow February applicants today is a great day indeed. Writing here to share my experiences for those waiting for test for Feb and beyond.

I was scheduled to write the test today at Scarborough at 13:30. Reached there about 45 minutes early, there were two groups of people one who had pink color sheets (these people where taking oaths) and people with yellow color sheets indicating we were there for taking the test. The secretary handed out a blue color sheet to everyone writing the test, it had a list of prohibitions which you need to read and then sign.

They asked everyone aged 55+ to come in first, they all had yellow papers like us with 55+ written on them in blue ink. After that they called the test takers to a room and gave us scantron sheets where we had to fill in our details everything is explained by the examiner. If you fail this test you will be asked to come for a re-test about 4 to 8 weeks from the day of your test, if you fail the re-test you will be called in for a hearing with a judge who will do a verbal knowledge test that will be 6 to 8 months from the day of your re-test. If you fail the verbal knowledge test, you file will be marked as abandoned.

The test itself was a bit tricky the True or False questions make you think a bit, I passed got 18/20.

My tips are :

If you do this much then you should easily pass you might get a few wrong like me on the slightly more difficult questions but definitely pass.

Following that we were asked to go and take a seat in the adjoining room and wait. Officers with case files walked in and called people's name, let them know there marks and asked questions.

For me the officer congratulated me on passing, checked my PR card, Driver License and Health Card. Then checked my COPR and asked me where I work, For how long have I worked in my company and my current position, she then asked me if I left Canada at all in the 4 year period and checked all passport stamps and checked them off in my file. She then took my blue prohibitions paper and said to bring PR card and COPR for oath.

She then told me should get oath invite in about 3 months. The entire process from start to finish took maybe about 15 minutes tops.

So I am one more step closer to citizenship, I wish everyone best of luck for taking test or waiting for test.

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
Thanks for the study tips, and congratulations.

samreentariq said:

My tips are :