+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

You can. I did eAPR without FBI PCC (did provide LOE and proofs) after waiting 30 days from ITA (timeline in sig). My application is still in received state (not yet begun processing). I anticipate getting an ADR for the PCC in the next few days/weeks. Rest of the application will continue processing.
PS: You won't get PPR till you submit FBI PCC anyway, even if all other docs are processed and done.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Can we do e-APR without FBI PCC and then ask for some more time. The reason why I ask is I got ITA recently and I am getting married on 04-Mar. My score will go down once I update as married. So I thought of doing e-APR before my marriage but with the current trend I don't think I will receive FBI PCC before 04-Mar. If i submit all the documents other than FBI PCC will it be considered as e-APR. Thanks.
Can we do e-APR without FBI PCC and then ask for some more time. The reason why I ask is I got ITA recently and I am getting married on 04-Mar. My score will go down once I update as married. So I thought of doing e-APR before my marriage but with the current trend I don't think I will receive FBI PCC before 04-Mar. If i submit all the documents other than FBI PCC will it be considered as e-APR. Thanks.
I think you should be fine, however I suggest you to do additional research. Your responses and points are locked when you submit your e-APR. See - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Also if I were you, I would let CIC know about the expected date of receiving FBI PCC, so that the extension covers your expected date adequately. I am telling this as I have seen others asking for a second extension as their first extension was not enough.

Send the e-APR (with extension request) within about 10 days before your e-APR submission deadline.

prasad_techguy

Dec 17, 2017
Of course. Any change in circumstance will lead to a recalculation.
As per the below link, CRS won't be recalculated after eAPR.
"If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements. See below for details."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

prasad_techguy

Dec 17, 2017
I think you should be fine, however I suggest you to do additional research. Your responses and points are locked when you submit your e-APR. See - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Also if I were you, I would let CIC know about the expected date of receiving FBI PCC, so that the extension covers your expected date adequately. I am telling this as I have seen others asking for a second extension as their first extension was not enough.

Send the e-APR (with extension request) within about 10 days before your e-APR submission deadline.
Thank you. I was worried if it will be considered as eAPR as I am missing FBI PCC. So you are sure that it is still considered as eAPR? Thank you.

"At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately September 15, 2017"

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Thank you. I was worried if it will be considered as eAPR as I am missing FBI PCC. So you are sure that it is still considered as eAPR? Thank you.
No, I am not sure. I did not have to go through this. That is why I suggested you to do additional research and provided you the relevant link on which my comment was based. There might be an exception for change in situation due to marriage between e-APR and PPR.

prasad_techguy

Dec 17, 2017
No, I am not sure. I did not have to go through this. That is why I suggested you to do additional research and provided you the relevant link on which my comment was based. There might be an exception for change in situation due to marriage between e-APR and PPR.
Sure. I will
You can. I did eAPR without FBI PCC (did provide LOE and proofs) after waiting 30 days from ITA (timeline in sig). My application is still in received state (not yet begun processing). I anticipate getting an ADR for the PCC in the next few days/weeks. Rest of the application will continue processing.
Did you get an AOR immediately when you submitted eAPR without FBI PCC? Thanks.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Sure. I will

Did you get an AOR when you submitted eAPR without FBI PCC? Thanks.
I too submitted e-APR without FBI PCC and received AOR the next day. I submitted proof of my FBI PCC delivery and received extension of 60 days after 17 days of e-APR submission. Hope this helps.

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Anyone heard of successfully requesting a third extension due to FBI report?
I'm a little worried CIC may reject my application if I keep asking for extension, though I did send them the FedEx delivery proof to FBI. (they gave me 30 days extension last time, which is not enough to cover the 14-16 weeks FBI processing time)

Reactions: JacJ2017

JacJ2017

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I had 3extensions. Mine came in pretty late. Not a problem. They will wait for you.
I'm a little worried CIC may reject my application if I keep asking for extension, though I did send them the FedEx delivery proof to FBI. (they gave me 30 days extension last time, which is not enough to cover the 14-16 weeks FBI processing time)

Jul 29, 2017
Just to be clear. Fingerprinting on FD-258 is required only for getting an Identity History Summary Report from the FBI in the USA. If you have lived in the US, then you have to get your fingerprints on the FD-258 card and send it along with an application to the FBI to get an Identity History Summary Report (Equivalent of PCC for the US).

The local police department in DFW area had the FD-258 forms. After making the payment ($10 for 2 forms), they gave me blank forms to fill up the details. An officer checked my ID and address proof before doing my fingerprints on the filled up FD-258. I sent these fingerprint cards (FD-258) along with an application and cashier's check to FBI.

As far as I know, PCCs doesn't typically include your fingerprints. But, it may vary depending on the country and issuing authority. So, be specific and add more details about your case.
Hi,
Thank you for ur detailed answer.
My case is as follows, I had issued a PCC from a local police department then I had it authorized by ministry of exterior and I had sent it to the FBI as fingerprinting package. Because local authority collect fingerprints through scanner for issuing PCC, and there is no other place where I can take a live scan of my fingerprints. Also, there is no other places where I can have my fingerprinting done by ink as it is not a popular process in my country and the alternative will be doing it by myself which won't guarantee the positive outcome.
So my concern is, Does FBI accept official PCC including my fingerprints as a fingerprint package instead of the FD-258?

It is really a big hassle collecting fingerprints in my country unfortunately.

And I do this because I just had spent 7 months there.

Also while issuing our visas, didn't we do biometrics, would that could be a reference for our fingerprinting as well as everytime we enter at port of entry they scan our fingerprints !! Doesn't all of this would support the fingerprinting card that we send even with few mistakes?

Last edited: