App. Filed.......
24-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
IELTS Request
R:9 S:9 L:8.5 W:7
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Has anyone contacted FBI to check what packages they are now processing/opening? Thank you!
they are opening packages recieved on 22nd may. Just got the update

Canusa123

Aug 3, 2017
I sent them an email again today. Hopefully, I get a reply from them. I have mailed them the second application on June 29th for which I have a tracking number, but that was after almost a month of ITA received will I still get an extension from CIC? I heard they only provide extended time if the PCC application process is started immediately after ITA received.

emsea405

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Got a response around 20 minutes ago. "According to the FBI's records, your request was received on 05/22/2017 and is currently in process. We are finishing mail received on 05/15/2017. All responses are mailed through the US Postal Service First Class Mail please allow standard mailing time (three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US) to receive the response. There is no tracking number with the US Postal Service First Class Mail. Responses cannot be emailed."

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
I sent them an email again today. Hopefully, I get a reply from them. I have mailed them the second application on June 29th for which I have a tracking number, but that was after almost a month of ITA received will I still get an extension from CIC? I heard they only provide extended time if the PCC application process is started immediately after ITA received.
any idea what will happen if FBI PCC doesnt arrive in time? i have couple of emails from FBI and courier details that i plan to submit with LOE in case i dont receive PCC in time

Canusa123

Aug 3, 2017
any idea what will happen if FBI PCC doesnt arrive in time? i have couple of emails from FBI and courier details that i plan to submit with LOE in case i dont receive PCC in time
Don't worry submit LOE with as much details from FBI as possible. Usually CIC also takes time to review the documents and hopefully within that time

A J

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Don't worry submit LOE with as much details from FBI as possible. Usually CIC also takes time to review the documents and hopefully within that time
if you receive it after you have submitted a LOE in your application, could you still submit it while CIC is reviewing the application and has not yet responded with an extension? if yes, how? thanks a million in advance.

emsea405

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Folks, I didn't realize my card was charged on 7th Aug. (App reached FBI on May 22). Emailed them now (9th Aug 2.45 am West Virginia time) to see if the prints were legible.. hope for the best..

luckycharm1223

Jun 23, 2017
If one submits more than one copy, do they issue more than one reference number ?
Based on what i have been reading on the forum, probably. Someone's run into a problem before when they included two copies of the fingerprints in one envelope with $18 fee. One set of fingerprints didn't come out good so the entire package was rejected without them looking at the second card since the fee covers only one set of fingerprints!! To avoid running into the same issue, I sent two separate sets of fingerprints in two different envelopes each with it's $18 fee. So, they will be two applications from their perspective hopefully. Those just got delivered yesterday so I dont know if they have issued two ref numbers or not. How and where to look? My case may answer your question right away. However, if you mailed both the sets with just one $18 fee, i don't think you will get two ref numbers.

Reactions: emsea405

Canada_cube

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Based on what i have been reading on the forum, probably. Someone's run into a problem before when they included two copies of the fingerprints in one envelope with $18 fee. One set of fingerprints didn't come out good so the entire package was rejected without them looking at the second card since the fee covers only one set of fingerprints!! To avoid running into the same issue, I sent two separate sets of fingerprints in two different envelopes each with it's $18 fee. So, they will be two applications from their perspective hopefully. Those just got delivered yesterday so I dont know if they have issued two ref numbers or not. How and where to look? My case may answer your question right away. However, if you mailed both the sets with just one $18 fee, i don't think you will get two ref numbers.
I mailed two sets - each with their own credit card forms. I however put both sets in one envelope. Not sure if that would suffice in creating the redundancy I was seeking.