NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
It is happening!!!

The FBI will be implementing a new option to electronically submit requests and receive responses for Identity History Summary Checks and Identity History Summary Challenges on Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. The new eDO option will allow for faster processing of requests.
Should I wait till Feb 1 before sending my documents :confused: What about the existing backlog ?

Anirudhkashi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Thank you :). What are the charges for getting multiple copies from finger printing expert. Do they provide FD-258 or we need to carry.

I will send via FedEx. Can you please let me know the process you followed. Like do we have to drop it at their location or they collect the documents. I was exploring the FedEx option and need to know a few things for this.

1. Do I need to reach out to them or create an account and request a pickup from my address.
2. I need to send only the following documents in the mail - application form, FD-258 (multiple copies), CC Payment form. Did you send anything else.

tks,
tbn2k18
1. Usually the fingerprinting expert also provide the service of shipping it out with FedEx (the FedEx guy would come there everyday), if not it is better you go to the nearest FedEx office and mail it out immediately
2. Only the documents you mentioned (App form, FD-258 & CC form), please make sure you enter all the details clearly and in block letters only. Make sure to mention the CVV number of the credit card or the FBI wont be able to charge you.

Reactions: tbn2k18

emkay84

Nov 29, 2017
Thank you :). I will Monitor the situation till second week of April and then submit the LOE with the details to CIC. Hope to get the extension for another 8 weeks then :rolleyes:.

1. Do we need to use Black Pen only for filling up the FD-258, Credit Card Payment Form, and Signature on the Application form.

2. In the application form there is a section for SSN (should i write last 4 digits only), in FD-258 I think it is important to provide complete SSN. What should be written in height - 5'9'' or 5 ft 9 inch or 509. I am confused on this part. Also Weight has to be mentioned in pounds. Should I just write the number like 166 pounds or just 166.

3. Is there any instructions to fill details on FD-258

tks,
tbn2k18
The FD-258 needs to be filled out in black ink; the form specifically mentions this.
The application form asks for only the last 4 digits of your SSN. In the application form I specified the units for height and weight. (cm and kgs). In the form you can convert that to ft in and lbs and mention just the numbers, like - 5 09 and 166.

There are plenty of instructions on filling out the FD-258. Just google around.

Lastly, don't worry too much about the info in FD-258 - for my first application set I had only filled out my complete name, dob and SSN on the FD-258 and it looks like they accepted that. I got an email response from them mentioning that my "request was successfully completed" (i'm yet to receive the report though).

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
It is happening!!!

The FBI will be implementing a new option to electronically submit requests and receive responses for Identity History Summary Checks and Identity History Summary Challenges on Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. The new eDO option will allow for faster processing of requests.
This is great news, does anyone know how we will have to submit fingerprints for eDO ? Do we have to scan and upload FD-258 forms or we will have to get fingerprints through electronic readers, which may not be available to most people outside U.S.A.

Should I wait till Feb 1 before sending my documents :confused: What about the existing backlog ?
No harm in sending the documents as backup. You could also wait since its only a week away. Existing backlog will mostly move at the same slow speed if the new eDO process is a parallel process. Not sure if existing applications gain any advantage at this point (I really hope they do).

This is great news, does anyone know how we will have to submit fingerprints for eDO ? Do we have to scan and upload FD-258 forms or we will have to get fingerprints through electronic readers, which may not be available to most people outside U.S.A.
No idea. We will all have to wait for Feb 1 to figure that out :)

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
No harm in sending the documents as backup. You could also wait since its only a week away. Existing backlog will mostly move at the same slow speed if the new eDO process is a parallel process. Not sure if existing applications gain any advantage at this point (I really hope they do).
Thank you :). Even I am thinking of sending the hard copies for the time being. In the future if this system is online then will again submit there. Just hoping to minimize the time.

tks,
tbn2k18

Reactions: 8494193

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
The FD-258 needs to be filled out in black ink; the form specifically mentions this.
The application form asks for only the last 4 digits of your SSN. In the application form I specified the units for height and weight. (cm and kgs). In the form you can convert that to ft in and lbs and mention just the numbers, like - 5 09 and 166.

There are plenty of instructions on filling out the FD-258. Just google around.

Lastly, don't worry too much about the info in FD-258 - for my first application set I had only filled out my complete name, dob and SSN on the FD-258 and it looks like they accepted that. I got an email response from them mentioning that my "request was successfully completed" (i'm yet to receive the report though).
Thank you :). This helps to move forward.

Thank you :). Even I am thinking of sending the hard copies for the time being. In the future if this system is online then will again submit there. Just hoping to minimize the time.

tks,
tbn2k18
Exactly what I plan to do (my hard copy was received on Nov 20)

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
In the application form section for 'Mail results to address' there are 2 fields: C/O and ATTN. What should I fill for those ? I am planning to get 1 copy send to my friend's address in USA and 1 to myself in India.

emkay84

Nov 29, 2017
In the application form section for 'Mail results to address' there are 2 fields: C/O and ATTN. What should I fill for those ? I am planning to get 1 copy send to my friend's address in USA and 1 to myself in India.
Under C/O put your friends name. You can leave the ATTN field blank or write something to the effect of "FBI Summary Request" if you want. I dont think they mail out two copies of the report under normal circumstances. You can check with them by calling or e-mailing them if this is possible.

IES 82

Dec 30, 2017
Egypt
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everybody, I have just rereceived my pcc, the problem is that the fbi logo printed on the right upper corner of the pcc is in black and white (not in colors) . Can anybody who recently received his pcc tell me if he has the same situation? Can any of the experts tell me if it would be accepted by the cic in that way? Thanks and good luck for everyone

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
What should I mention in the following fields in the FD-258 form.

Reason Fingerprinted: Should i mention 'Police Clearance Certificate' or 'Immigration to Canada'
Miscellaneous Number MNU: Should I mention my Passport Number followed by NCIC Code 'PP'
Also for Citizenship and place of Birth: do i mention the NCIC code 'II' or write INDIA

Please help if anyone has completed this part.

tks,
tbn2k18

emkay84

Nov 29, 2017
What should I mention in the following fields in the FD-258 form.

Reason Fingerprinted: Should i mention 'Police Clearance Certificate' or 'Immigration to Canada'
Miscellaneous Number MNU: Should I mention my Passport Number followed by NCIC Code 'PP'
Also for Citizenship and place of Birth: do i mention the NCIC code 'II' or write INDIA

Please help if anyone has completed this part.

tks,
tbn2k18
Reason Fingerprinted: Immigration to Canada
MNU: leave blank
Citizenship / Place of Birth: India

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......