App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Hi All,

Have couple of queries;

1. I need to send my PCC documents from India. Can you please let me know if Speed post is a good option. Or what can I use for sending the documents quickly.

2. As mentioned in this forum it is now taking 14 to 16 weeks for FBI to send the document. So there is no point in trying too hard because the ITA deadline will be missed. How do I request for an extension. I am new to this and do not understand the terms ADR, CSE etc. If someone can help explain what should be done. My last date is April 24th.

tks,
tbn2k18

Hi All,

Have couple of queries;

1. I need to send my PCC documents from India. Can you please let me know if Speed post is a good option. Or what can I use for sending the documents quickly.

2. As mentioned in this forum it is now taking 14 to 16 weeks for FBI to send the document. So there is no point in trying too hard because the ITA deadline will be missed. How do I request for an extension. I am new to this and do not understand the terms ADR, CSE etc. If someone can help explain what should be done. My last date is April 24th.

tks,
tbn2k18
First off, congratulations on getting an ITA.

1. Use any option that has tracking. As for speed of delivery, use the fastest that you can afford - don't worry too much as mostly it will be the FBI that will delay the PCC, not the shipping company :)

2. I see your deadline is Apr 24. You can submit anytime, but the closer you submit to the deadline, the lesser the chance of asking for a second extension. When you submit (which will be without FBI PCC, as you rightly noted), provide an LOE (letter of explanation) and attach proofs like the shipping receipt/invoice, tracking number, etc. to prove that you have applied for the PCC. You can also attach photocopies of the PCC documents themselves (though, not really necessary. I didn't do that). Once they see the LOE + proofs, they will grant you your first extension in the form of an ADR (additional documents required). They typically will give 15-60 days to submit the PCC. Again, don't worry if the extension is not sufficient, as you can file for further extensions as necessary (again by submitting LOE + proofs close to the extension deadline).

Finally, CSE stands for Case Specific Enquiry. :) (You can raise a CSE to submit docs, LOEs, etc. after your application has been transmitted)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: tbn2k18

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Is it possible to share exact date ? Like when FBI received you letter and when FBI issue your PCC.
Asking this question because I am in middle of multiple travels and cannot enter US till my PCC issued. Thanks
well you can assume..for example if your docs. delivered today than approx. 4 months from today your docs will be processed....i submitted my docs in october,2017 and still waiting for it.

It is happening!!!

The FBI will be implementing a new option to electronically submit requests and receive responses for Identity History Summary Checks and Identity History Summary Challenges on Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. The new eDO option will allow for faster processing of requests.

emkay84

Nov 29, 2017
Hi All,

Have couple of queries;

tks,
tbn2k18
I'd suggest go with Fedex - Fastest & Tracking is on the dot, delivery timeline is 2-3days, but, expensive.
Another option is DTDC (specify that you need to send via Fedex) - Cheaper, but, their tracking is iffy. You'll need to make several calls to their customer care. They change the Fedex packaging a couple of times and not as fast as Fedex. Delivery timeline 3-4days
Lastly, DHL - Slowest of the three. Apparently their delivery network in the US is not what it used to be. They rely on USPS for the last leg delivery. Took a week to deliver my application.

Anirudhkashi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi All,

Have couple of queries;

tks,
tbn2k18
Hey,
  • I suggest a forensic or fingerprint expert in your city, for example i am from bangalore and i used: http://www.fingerprintingexpertbangalore.com/ as this will reduce your chances of rejection
  • I sent my application to FBI by FedEX international priority mail, which even traveled through weekend and reached in 2 days.
  • You are obviously going to miss the deadline, so make sure you write a simple letter of explanation stating when you submitted the application. you need to do this with a proof of submission so only if you send from FedEx you can track application status & download it as proof.
  • ADR is Additional Documents Requested by IRCC, not sure what CSE is though
Hope this helps.

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
First off, congratulations on getting an ITA.

1. Use any option that has tracking. As for speed of delivery, use the fastest that you can afford - don't worry too much as mostly it will be the FBI that will delay the PCC, not the shipping company :)

2. I see your deadline is Apr 24. You can submit anytime, but the closer you submit to the deadline, the lesser the chance of asking for a second extension. When you submit (which will be without FBI PCC, as you rightly noted), provide an LOE (letter of explanation) and attach proofs like the shipping receipt/invoice, tracking number, etc. to prove that you have applied for the PCC. You can also attach photocopies of the PCC documents themselves (though, not really necessary. I didn't do that). Once they see the LOE + proofs, they will grant you your first extension in the form of an ADR (additional documents required). They typically will give 15-60 days to submit the PCC. Again, don't worry if the extension is not sufficient, as you can file for further extensions as necessary (again by submitting LOE + proofs close to the extension deadline).

Finally, CSE stands for Case Specific Enquiry. :) (You can raise a CSE to submit docs, LOEs, etc. after your application has been transmitted)

Hope this helps.
Thank you :). I will Monitor the situation till second week of April and then submit the LOE with the details to CIC. Hope to get the extension for another 8 weeks then :rolleyes:.

1. Do we need to use Black Pen only for filling up the FD-258, Credit Card Payment Form, and Signature on the Application form.

2. In the application form there is a section for SSN (should i write last 4 digits only), in FD-258 I think it is important to provide complete SSN. What should be written in height - 5'9'' or 5 ft 9 inch or 509. I am confused on this part. Also Weight has to be mentioned in pounds. Should I just write the number like 166 pounds or just 166.

3. Is there any instructions to fill details on FD-258

tks,
tbn2k18

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Hey,
  • I suggest a forensic or fingerprint expert in your city, for example i am from bangalore and i used: http://www.fingerprintingexpertbangalore.com/ as this will reduce your chances of rejection
  • I sent my application to FBI by FedEX international priority mail, which even traveled through weekend and reached in 2 days.
  • You are obviously going to miss the deadline, so make sure you write a simple letter of explanation stating when you submitted the application. you need to do this with a proof of submission so only if you send from FedEx you can track application status & download it as proof.
  • ADR is Additional Documents Requested by IRCC, not sure what CSE is though
Hope this helps.
Thank you :). What are the charges for getting multiple copies from finger printing expert. Do they provide FD-258 or we need to carry.

I will send via FedEx. Can you please let me know the process you followed. Like do we have to drop it at their location or they collect the documents. I was exploring the FedEx option and need to know a few things for this.

1. Do I need to reach out to them or create an account and request a pickup from my address.
2. I need to send only the following documents in the mail - application form, FD-258 (multiple copies), CC Payment form. Did you send anything else.

tks,
tbn2k18

Reactions: Anirudhkashi