+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI FINGER PRINTING CLEARANCE (URGENT)

fragrance01

Jan 29, 2009
I have only 50 days to submit FBI fingerprinting clearance to Canadian Immigration and to go through police station is taking lot of time .Please give me few place where live scan can be done. Or through some private fingerprinting services which can give results ASAP. I live in Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks in Advance

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
The FBI website has this info.

Ayinka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012
fragrance01 said:
I have only 50 days to submit FBI fingerprinting clearance to Canadian Immigration and to go through police station is taking lot of time .Please give me few place where live scan can be done. Or through some private fingerprinting services which can give results ASAP. I live in Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks in Advance
it takes up to 16 weeks (got mine in 5 a few months ago) to get FBI report back. I don't think there's a way to get it faster if you're requesting it for personal purpose such as immigration...

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
FBI channelers:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/fbi-approved-channelers

Please see this thread as well:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t79648.0.html

uscana

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
5-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2011
Med's Request
4-4-2012
Med's Done....
28-4-2012
Passport Req..
5-12-2012
Hi,
Even i got a request from consulate to submit FBI back ground check results in 60 days. I am in US so i went to a private finger print taker and sent it to FBI on Feb 1st 2012 and i got my results by Feb 28th. So don't worry and send the Finger prints to FBI office and also include a letter stating you condition. I sent a letter and they processed it real quick. Gud luck.
I spoke to the call center people and couple of others what i understood from them is electronic finger printing is not valid for canada PR processing and you have to sent your finger prints by post.

can3x8

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Hello uscana

Did you send finger prints on FBI card ??

Did you write them separate letter or you wrote on the envelope that you need this for Canada immigration?

shahpari

Jan 11, 2012
can3x8 said:
Hello uscana

Did you send finger prints on FBI card ?? If you take help from private fingerprint expert they will come and do it at your house and they will bring the card and ink with them.They will handle it in a professional manner.

Did you write them separate letter or you wrote on the envelope that you need this for Canada immigration? You will have to send a cover letter along with $ 18 money order

uscana

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
5-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2011
Med's Request
4-4-2012
Med's Done....
28-4-2012
Passport Req..
5-12-2012
can3x8 said:
Hello uscana

Did you send finger prints on FBI card ??

Did you write them separate letter or you wrote on the envelope that you need this for Canada immigration?
Hi,
i wrote a separate letter and sent it with my finger prints. I went to a private finger print collector and he took my finger prints on the FBI card.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Well here is what we did.

Buy Black Stamp Pad.
Download the form from FBI website.... Print 10 - 20 copies.
Read instructions.

Do your finger prints yourself. Keep doing, it.

Then go through the copies, and choose 4-5 copies which you think are the BEST.

Complete the rest of the form, and attach the 4-5 copies of finger prints, write a brief cover letter so that they know why you are sending multiple copies (cause they can choose whichever is better).

Send it to FBI.

Takes 5-6 weeks though.

Send it by DHL or something like that, keep receipt. IF you dont get the FBI Letter in Time, write to your Visa Office, attach the Courier slip and ask for extension, should not be a problem.
Regards

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fragrance01 said:

Thanks in Advance
hi,
this is the first time you are submitting these reports or an update the Canadian Immigration asked for, anyways since you are in US there will not be much delay, you can get it earlier send them a cover letter explaining your situation

regards

kannadakanmani

Mar 12, 2012
It takes upto 8 weeks to get the reports back. If you think you cannot meet the deadline provided, you can send in a request with the proof that you have applied for the reports and waiting. You can send the reports once you receive them.I did the same and had no issues.

For the finger printing, go to any local police station with the cards or go to any department of public safety office (they have the cards with them). They charge you like $10 person and do it using a finger print scan machine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
KK

dosdandelions

Jan 16, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
The FBI website has this info.
Would you be able to tell us how you got the FBI approved fingerprints in Mexico? We are being so seriously delayed. We filed May 6, 2012 and all the meds are done. We now have to get FBI fingerprint clearance for my partner who lives just outside of Guadalajara. He has been to the PGR several times and they will not do the fingerprints for him. He can get them at the Forensic Institute with their seal etc. but only on their own form. It will cost 500 pesos and that is fine. Does anyone know if the FBI will take them? They are official as they can get.
We are feeling so stuck and getting no help from anywhere or anyone, our lawyer included! It is frustrating that Immigration Canada asks us for this and yet posts no help in how to efficiently get it in Mexico.

Any help from anyone on where to get prints in the Guadalajara area would be sincerely appreciated.
We thought we were all done and then they sprung this request on us in late December.

Thank you so very much and all the best to everyone.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
We got the prints done at FedEx in the US so I can't help you. But you can do them yourself. Just send in several sets to make sure one is good. Ask in the Mexico thread too. In the family class section.

attaboy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-08-2016
kannadakanmani said:
It takes upto 8 weeks to get the reports back. If you think you cannot meet the deadline provided, you can send in a request with the proof that you have applied for the reports and waiting. You can send the reports once you receive them.I did the same and had no issues.

For the finger printing, go to any local police station with the cards or go to any department of public safety office (they have the cards with them). They charge you like $10 person and do it using a finger print scan machine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
KK

KannadaKanmani,

Did you send you respond to ITA with out FBI clearance, but the proof of applying for one. Did CIC accept this did you get your PR ?
I have applied for FBI FP, and I might get ITA soon.

attaboy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-08-2016
kannadakanmani said:

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
KK
KannadaKanmani,

Did you send you respond to ITA with out FBI clearance, but the proof of applying for one. Did CIC accept this did you get your PR ?
I have applied for FBI FP, and I might get ITA soon.