+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fast-tracking applications when there are children involved?

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I agree...it sucks. I cannot understand why they would not give your husband a TRV...it is a shame that they system has failed you.

Try to look on the bright side, which is that you are together. Many of us aren't.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
Exactly AlanWales and boyee. This is just the same old "I have kids, me first" mentality. I disagree with the argument that they are a "closer tie" - people who have kids are more likely to separate/divorce than those who don't.

There's a queue for each country and for each category of immigration, we're all in one, get used to it and pull up a sleeping bag :) Two queues for each? What on earth for?

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Why because when there are 2 Canadian Citizens, my daughter and me versus just one for the rest of you. Because when someone adopts a child from a foreign country their application is fast-tracked. Because the longer it takes for us to get to Canada the more it will cost the government and tax-payers trying to help my daughter if she can't catch up with the other kids in school and needs extra teacher time and resources.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
thaihubbie said:
Why because when there are 2 Canadian Citizens, my daughter and me versus just one for the rest of you. Because when someone adopts a child from a foreign country their application is fast-tracked. Because the longer it takes for us to get to Canada the more it will cost the government and tax-payers trying to help my daughter if she can't catch up with the other kids in school and needs extra teacher time and resources.
Okay, now you're grasping at straws. LOL. Let me ask you this...how much Canadian tax have you paid in the past 3 years? I've paid thousands and thousands of dollars. Perhaps my husband's application should be processed faster than yours? :p I can't believe you'd compare your situation to that of an adopted child who is likely living in an orphanage in a third world country! I think we all agree that CIC should put their applications to the front of the line, since the child does not have parents. Your daughter is living with both her mom and her dad, and your frustration is that she can't be with her mom, dad and maternal grandparents until your husband has PR. Sheesh...you must have a pretty good life if this is what you complain about.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
CIC does fast track some applications, in a sense - those that are processed without an interview. Some applications get through much faster than others at the same embassy, and it is mostly because the visa officer believed from the evidence presented that it was a genuine marriage and waived the interview. (Of course, it also depends on the visa officer you get.)
So if the couple has been living together for years and has a child or two, their application will probably be processed faster than the average.
The problems are the different wait times for different embassies, and that the visa officers may make mistakes.

For TRVs, though, the situation is complicated by the fact that the interviews and sometimes the decisions can be made by local staff. It is very frustrating to realize/know/suspect that corruption is one of the reasons some people are getting TRVs, especially when you have been refused. My husband has been waiting for two and a half years for a PR visa - he is not too happy, then, when he gets a phone call from a friend in Toronto who tells him he got a TRV by paying the husband of someone who works in the Accra visa office $5,000.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
bobshynoswife said:
Okay, now you're grasping at straws. LOL. Let me ask you this...how much Canadian tax have you paid in the past 3 years? I've paid thousands and thousands of dollars. Perhaps my husband's application should be processed faster than yours? :p I can't believe you'd compare your situation to that of an adopted child who is likely living in an orphanage in a third world country! I think we all agree that CIC should put their applications to the front of the line, since the child does not have parents. Your daughter is living with both her mom and her dad, and your frustration is that she can't be with her mom, dad and maternal grandparents until your husband has PR. Sheesh...you must have a pretty good life if this is what you complain about.
Sorry, I have to agree with the above,

What is your problem???? How much money have you or your husband contributed to Canada over the last 3 years???

I have been here 2 1/2 years, have paid full taxes. No benefits.......I am not entitled....

Get your PR and hush up. You and your family are together....hush up.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Bobshynoswife, we are living in a third world country. We had to move from a second world one to here because I can earn more money. My daughter is already a Canadian Citizen, the adopted child from wherever in the world god love them regardless, is not.
Money is changing hands everyday around here and people are getting visas to Canada and staying there ahead of us.
The system is not ok. I'm not willing to say I'm a whiner. IF my parents die before we get there and they never met my husband because he was unlucky enough to be in a country with local staff Visa officers who didn't believe him or were expecting bribe money, how can I let that go without a fight?

ellebana2007

Jul 28, 2010
child left in the Philippines of an immigrant

Hi!I landed in Canada 3 weeks ago together with my wife but our daughter was left in the Philippines for a while because we doesn't have enough money for our settlement fund to show it to the immigration officer if she will accompany us.She was declared in our application before as our child but not accompanying.Me and my wife was under the federal skilled worker.And now we and my wife planning to get her with us in Canada.What is the best and easiest thing that we can do so that se can follow us right away here in Canada too.By the way our daughter was 6 yrs. old.

I really appreciate who ever can answer my questions.Thanks.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
thaihubbie said:
Bobshynoswife, we are living in a third world country. We had to move from a second world one to here because I can earn more money. My daughter is already a Canadian Citizen, the adopted child from wherever in the world god love them regardless, is not.
Money is changing hands everyday around here and people are getting visas to Canada and staying there ahead of us.
The system is not ok. I'm not willing to say I'm a whiner. IF my parents die before we get there and they never met my husband because he was unlucky enough to be in a country with local staff Visa officers who didn't believe him or were expecting bribe money, how can I let that go without a fight?
Sadly, posting on this forum is about as much 'fighting' as you'll be able to do. The system is not perfect, not even close, and we all have our own personal struggles. I may have come across a little harsh in this forum, but no one here likes a woe-is-me story. We all have them. We all want our families reunited. I want my mom to meet my husband. My dad passed away before we had the chance. I want my children to finally meet their step-father, and not have to 'bond' with him through skype. I want my husband, to keep me company during the day and hold me at night...not watch me wipe away tears via webcam while he feels helpless.

We have to look at the bright side and be positive, or this process will tear us up.

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
thaihubbie, your case is no more compelling than any of the cases here. At least your family is together. Many of us here have to endure separation from our spouse and in alot of cases the children also endure separation from one parent. We are all "suffering" and the stress for all of us is at times unbearable.

I personally don't see your case is anymore compelling than canadianwoman, bobshynoswife or boyee. All are equally compelling. (although if I had a vote I would probably choose any one of them since they have all dealt with some harsh issues). And there are many others also that have not posted in this thread. I feel mine is compelling as well. We all have to wait. We all have to endure some hardship during this process. Continuing to stress the point that you are different than everyone else just adds stress to all of us who, each in our own right, are dealing with our own personal situations, and don't need to be made to feel less important than anyone else.

We need to support each other in our stress. Not add to each other's stress, IMHO.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
canadianwoman said:
CIC does
So if the couple has been living together for years and has a child or two, their application will probably be processed faster than the average.
The problems are the different wait times for different embassies, and that the visa officers may make mistakes.
I'm very glad to hear this news. It only makes common sense.

C

cowtown gal

thaihubbie said:
I'm very glad to hear this news. It only makes common sense.

This isn't necessarily 'news'. It's just the way things are handled at different visa offices. It's not 'fast-tracking' and it's not a separate queue for people with children. Every application is evaluated on the same merits through the process and if you provide loads of evidence and have a good VO looking at it, it probably will be go through quickly but that depends on a lot of things.

I understand you're frustrated about the refusal of a visitor's visa but spouting off like this to people who are in the same (or worse) situation is ridiculous. From what you've said, you've not even applied yet so you have no idea how long your application will take, it could be very quick! None of us knew when we sent our applications in how long it would take, we all just had to hope for the best.

I completely agree with the other posters that no one should go to the head of the queue and that dividing the system into more 'priority' and 'non-priority' categories would be a waste of time and resources and ultimately slow it all down. I wish you the best of luck with the process, as I do to everyone on here.

B

boyee6576

I am not trying to be mean or anything if you take it that way I am truely sorry.

My mother was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm while I was in delhi getting married in 2008. They thought she would have to have surgery and it didnt look good. My mothers sister had the same thing an hers burst and left her unable to communicate or talk properly. Her life was extremely painful and difficult. I was in delhi and had just gotten married when i got the terrible news. My husband and I applied for a visitor visa right away to come home as soon as possible but he was refused. Shouldnt I have gotten it, after all its an emergency?

living in another country is the choice you made and to have a child is yet another choice that you made, just like me marrying a man from India was mine. I cant however pick up and move to India since I have a very sick mother and two sons from a previous marriage whos father wont let them go live in India. I dont understand why you think you got kids that it takes presidence over the rest of us, who are struggling being apart. Obviously you choose to be with your spouse cause you DONT want to be a part. Infact, I think if couples are together in what ever country it should take longer. They dont have to endure the pain of getting a kiss from skype or have the words I love you honey typed to you. Nor do you have that just needing a hug from having a hard day at work. You dont need to be reunified with your spouse thats what spousal sponsorship is about allowing you to be with your spouse by reunification. Your family is together.

I dont know of a third world that is NOT corrupt, that shouldnt be a shock to you. I am sure you have to know it? Its crazy to think that you would be treated fairly in a third world country. Its the hand with the most money in it that gets anything, but I am sure you have to know that is the culture in third world countries since you live there for a while? I dont live in India but I know you get nothing unless you fill someones hand with rupees. Is it fair? NO of course not. but to be very honest, complaining about not being treated fairly in trying to get a trv for your husband in a country that is noted for corruption is really silly. You know the deal, if you want the trv, load the officers hand up with cash thats how she goes. Dorthy your not in Canada anymore.

just my 2 cents

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Everyone on here has a sad story. I understand your frustration, I really do.. we are all frustrated and many of us are lonely. I was apart from my husband for 7 years altogether. We are together now (waiting it out as a visitor) and I do get frustrated with the process, but I also understand that I am exceedingly blessed compared to many cases here. I've seen some people wait years and years to be with the rest of their family (yes, children are often involved).. and that's just how it is.

As others have said, you have it much easier than most people here. We all just have to do the best we can with the system and hope for the best.

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
bobshynoswife said:
No, you shouldn't be first. My husband and I took precautions to ensure that I would not get pregnant before he came to Canada as a PR, to avoid the situation you are in.

I hope you'll be together at the birth. If not, it is the consequences of the choices you made.
you are taking what I said completely out of context, I am agreeing that just because childern are involved, a case shouldn'y be fast tracked.. I was just saying that my case along with any other number of for instances could apply. I always said that being pregnant only proves one thing... That the woman had sex and not necessarly with her husband.. and with IVF I guess you could say it doesn't even really prove the sex part any more.

Not that it is any of your business really, but we were taking precautions too for the first 2 years but for us age become an issue. Plus, before we took this step forward to try to start a family, we had won our appeal in November of 2009, were told that once you won an appeal your file was given priority and given that the average wait time for my husband's visa office is 6 months, didn't think that 8 months later we would still be waiting. We are painfully aware of the consequences of our choices, not just the choice to try to have a child before I got too old ( and I not talking about turning 30 either... think higher), but the choice we made to decide to live in Canada, the choice for me to return here to wait it out, the choice to go for an appeal vs reapplying, and many more choices.