fall 2017 in Ryerson university

seandragz

Feb 2, 2017
hardiparikh said:
Hello everyone,

I have also applied for Ryerson M.Eng (ECE) program. My profile is:
b.tech:91%
ielts:7.0

I have uploaded all the documents. There was requirement to upload only 1 LOR during the filling of application form. But my system is showing requirement for uploading 2 LORs. Does anyone have any idea why would this happen?
If I may get you correctly, LOR (letter of recommendation) right? Ryerson graduate application form according to mine (Mech & Industrial engineering) requires you to submit official contact of two referees. These referees will be contacted by Ryerson to submit recommendations on your behalf. If they successful do it, on the documents upload page, you will see 'Received' with their names attached.

I don't know of uploading LOR by yourself. Was anyone here given option to upload their own LOR?

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hi all ,

Below is my profile –
B. Tech.  8.64 CGPA
12th  82.8
10th  91.9
IELTS  7.5 Bands (R – 7.5, S – 7.5, L – 7.5, W – 6.5)

Work Experience – 6 months internship, 19 months in Vodafone India and Nokia India

Certifications – CCNA, Red hat Cloud Computing

Universities Applied –
UBC
McMaster University (Rejected)
University of Ottawa
University of Windsor

I left with 3 Universities now. Can anyone please tell me how much time above universities will take for final decision? And please suggest if require to apply in some other university

AliRabbani

Dec 11, 2016
GursimranS said:
Hi all ,

Below is my profile –
B. Tech.  8.64 CGPA
12th  82.8
10th  91.9
IELTS  7.5 Bands (R – 7.5, S – 7.5, L – 7.5, W – 6.5)

Work Experience – 6 months internship, 19 months in Vodafone India and Nokia India

Certifications – CCNA, Red hat Cloud Computing

Universities Applied –
UBC
McMaster University (Rejected)
University of Ottawa
University of Windsor

I left with 3 Universities now. Can anyone please tell me how much time above universities will take for final decision? And please suggest if require to apply in some other university
why are u rejected with such good profile? strrange
anyhow. how much time they took? wht was ur document completion date and tthier reply?
do they email or we have to check it via MOSAIC for the status?

hardiparikh

Jan 13, 2017
seandragz said:
If I may get you correctly, LOR (letter of recommendation) right? Ryerson graduate application form according to mine (Mech & Industrial engineering) requires you to submit official contact of two referees. These referees will be contacted by Ryerson to submit recommendations on your behalf. If they successful do it, on the documents upload page, you will see 'Received' with their names attached.

I don't know of uploading LOR by yourself. Was anyone here given option to upload their own LOR?
The problem is solved. There was some technical issue from the university's side.

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
AliRabbani said:
why are u rejected with such good profile? strrange
anyhow. how much time they took? wht was ur document completion date and tthier reply?
do they email or we have to check it via MOSAIC for the status?
For McMaster I applied on 16th of January and denied status was on 22 Feb . I asked them reason on e-mail , but no reply yet . should I apply Ryerson?

AliRabbani

Dec 11, 2016
i applied to ryerson for MEng Civil Engg (transportation engg)
my all documents got completed on 19-Jan-17
i got rejection on 21-march-17
Profile: BSc Civil Engg 67.8%
IELTS 6.5
experience 3 years.
anyone applying to ryerson shud expect this time frame for reply from ryerson.
Goodluck Guys !!

seandragz

Feb 2, 2017
AliRabbani said:
i applied to ryerson for MEng Civil Engg (transportation engg)
my all documents got completed on 19-Jan-17
i got rejection on 21-march-17
Profile: BSc Civil Engg 67.8%
IELTS 6.5
experience 3 years.
anyone applying to ryerson shud expect this time frame for reply from ryerson.
Goodluck Guys !!
Before the rejection, did you ever get any mail from them concerning your ''application being reviewed''?
Guess you have applied to other institutions as well. Good luck mate. Cheers!

AliRabbani

Dec 11, 2016
seandragz said:
Before the rejection, did you ever get any mail from them concerning your ''application being reviewed''?
Guess you have applied to other institutions as well. Good luck mate. Cheers!
no i didnt get any such email.
yes i have applied to uni of ottawa. manitoba. ddalhousie. ryerson. guelph. regina
all rejected ;D

seandragz

Feb 2, 2017
smanchanda said:
Sorry to hear about rejections!

Is there any update for acceptance from Ryerson for Fall 2017?
I'm hearing from ppl who mainly applied to Mech engineering that due to the overwhelming applications they received from Internationals, it's taking time for them to make decisions..

Let's hope for the best.

smanchanda

Feb 15, 2016
seandragz said:
I'm hearing from ppl who mainly applied to Mech engineering that due to the overwhelming applications they received from Internationals, it's taking time for them to make decisions..

Let's hope for the best.
Yea.. it seems so!. I applied in October last year and now its April. They are taking a long long long time though! Tired of waiting :(