+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fake Canadian Immigration Team

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
zardoz said:
You ARE kidding aren't you? If not, I'd very much like your help in moving some gold I found lying around in the desert. Your cut will be 45% once all the modalities are completed.
::) ::)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
So far there's only been two or three cases on here, right?

I added,

- country of origin
- date of application

to the form. So far there doesn't seem to be any similarities between the cases.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
You ARE kidding aren't you? If not, I'd very much like your help in moving some gold I found lying around in the desert. Your cut will be 45% once all the modalities are completed.
We are talking about a call where no money was requested.

It amazes me that so many people like to talk about stuff on here, without taking any action to find out what is going on.

krishna_05

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
i have ordered for GCMS notes to see if it has any word about this call. i dont think anything else could be done, i cannot say its a fraud because i dont know if its genuine or not. tried calling cic call centre, it terminated the call after the client id and YOB was entered.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna_05 said:
i have ordered for GCMS notes to see if it has any word about this call. i dont think anything else could be done, i cannot say its a fraud because i dont know if its genuine or not. tried calling cic call centre, it terminated the call after the client id and YOB was entered.
Your best bet is to e-mail Ottawa.

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
Just so everyone knows (I put it in my common sense corner), even if 'no money' is requested, they might be after your personal details.
These details can be gathered over a X period of time and weeks later you get a call where they DO request money, give you all personal details that you gave before on (possibly) unrelated phone calls and voila, you think it's a genuine call.

The second they request a transfer with Western Union and expect you to pay as fast as possible and even call you to ask if you're in the bank, huge red flags should go up and you should cease all communication until everything is verified.

No matter how desperate you are or if someone is helping them on the inside or not, you should always apply common sense and be careful if you get calls from phone numbers you do not recognize. Everyone makes mistakes, that's not the issue here.

Oh, and start reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_scam

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mrFoce said:
Just so everyone knows (I put it in my common sense corner), even if 'no money' is requested, they might be after your personal details.
These details can be gathered over a X period of time and weeks later you get a call where they DO request money, give you all personal details that you gave before on (possibly) unrelated phone calls and voila, you think it's a genuine call.

The second they request a transfer with Western Union and expect you to pay as fast as possible and even call you to ask if you're in the bank, huge red flags should go up and you should cease all communication until everything is verified.

No matter how desperate you are or if someone is helping them on the inside or not, you should always apply common sense and be careful if you get calls from phone numbers you do not recognize. Everyone makes mistakes, that's not the issue here.

Oh, and start reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_scam

That's a good read, thanks for sharing!

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
jsm0085, I understand it can be hard to understand individuals who might act/react to situations differently than we would ourselves, but I find your constant needling on this topic off-base and irrelevant to the actual issue at hand. If you feel you are educated/privileged/smart enough to never fall prey to scams of this (or any other) nature, you can bow out and let others discuss this topic rationally.

It isn't helpful or constructive in any way to question someone's intelligence when all they're doing is informing people on this forum about their experiences and mistakes so others don't make the same.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lithium002 said:
jsm0085, I understand it can be hard to understand individuals who might act/react to situations differently than we would ourselves, but I find your constant needling on this topic off-base and irrelevant to the actual issue at hand. If you feel you are educated/privileged/smart enough to never fall prey to scams of this (or any other) nature, you can bow out and let others discuss this topic rationally.

It isn't helpful or constructive in any way to question someone's intelligence when all they're doing is informing people on this forum about their experiences and mistakes so others don't make the same.
Oh just shut up. Honestly...

If you don't think there is a need to point out to people that they shouldn't be sending thousands of dollars to "immigration" via "wire transfer" then I don't even know what to say to you. If my BLUNT response offended I apologize again (already done above!) but I won't remove it as it's important for others to see and understand.

Instead of blabbing on and worrying about how another posters comments may make someone else feel, why don't you worry about ensuring the same scam doesn't happen to someone else?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lithium002 said:

You think the purpose of this topic is to ensure that we all let the poster know how bad we feel for him? No.

The purpose of this topic is actually to ensure that anyone reads it, who may also be a little gullible, will not make the same mistake.

If my messages make even one poster think twice - then it was worth posting it.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
jsm0085 said:
Oh just shut up. Honestly...

If you don't think there is a need to point out to people that they shouldn't be sending thousands of dollars to "immigration" via "wire transfer" then I don't even know what to say to you. If my BLUNT response offended I apologize again (already done above!) but I won't remove it as it's important for others to see and understand.

Instead of blabbing on and worrying about how another posters comments may make someone else feel, why don't you worry about ensuring the same scam doesn't happen to someone else?

Honestly, grow a pair.
If your advice for people who get scammed is "don't get scammed", you need to brush up on your critical thinking/advice giving skills.

I'm done, but feel free to ask me to "grow a pair" again, class act.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lithium002 said:
If your advice for people who get scammed is "don't get scammed", you need to brush up on your critical thinking/advice giving skills.

I'm done, but feel free to ask me to "grow a pair" again, class act.
My advice was never "don't get scammed". But it was to 1) Look at CIC website. 2) Speak to CIC (e-mail and phone). 3) Speak on the forum. 4) Think before doing something, especially when it doesn't feel or sound right.

What was your advice?

krishna_05

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
lol.. i got another call today... she wants to update my overseas citizenship card number onto my file and i could do that 2 ways - either i travel to New delhi and go to consulate there OR they could do that for me...

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
krishna_05 said:
lol.. i got another call today... she wants to update my overseas citizenship card number onto my file and i could do that 2 ways - either i travel to New delhi and go to consulate there OR they could do that for me...
From what number did they call? Note, I'm not from India and will more than likely not be a target for these people, just wondering if they called from the same number?