+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

failed citizenship test with the judge

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
hello guys I failed my citizenship test with the judge, and received letter from the judge today that she refused my application and I have 60 days to appeal to the federal court, please guys help I would like to know If I can do my test again, because I did it only one with the judge, please guys share and help if anyone has similar situation thanks in advance

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
medielmawla said:
hello guys I failed my citizenship test with the judge, and received letter from the judge today that she refused my application and I have 60 days to appeal to the federal court, please guys help I would like to know If I can do my test again, because I did it only one with the judge, please guys share and help if anyone has similar situation thanks in advance
The first time I hear this...

You had not written a test before? Did you miss a test date before, without appropriate excuse?
May I ask which province/territory you are in? Any remote area?

I think they got to give you a second chance. Everybody has a second chance, now even a third. I would definitely appeal based on that. Reference that OB where CIC changed the process to allow re-writing the test. I guess it was OB 704, find it here in the board.

mike

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you have sufficient residency days (1095) when you applied for citizenship?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medielmawla said:
I am sssuming that you first had your citizneship test & then a short interview with Citizenship Officer and had trouble with one or both of those, and then had an interview with a Citizenship Judge at a later date. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In order to appeal the ruling of the citizenship Judge, you will have to hire a lawyer to go before the federal court (as mentioned in the letter).

Good luck.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
eileenf said:
I am sssuming that you first had your citizneship test & then a short interview with Citizenship Officer and had trouble with one or both of those, and then had an interview with a Citizenship Judge at a later date. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In order to appeal the ruling of the citizenship Judge, you will have to hire a lawyer to go before the federal court (as mentioned in the letter).

Good luck.
actually I didn't not do any test on computer, I did it with the judge , so I received a letter (your application for Canadian citizenship is not approved because you didn't pass your test) I believe I should do my test twice before to see the judge , I hired a lawyer and I am going to appeal I will keep up to date.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
mikeathome said:
The first time I hear this...

You had not written a test before? Did you miss a test date before, without appropriate excuse?
May I ask which province/territory you are in? Any remote area?

I think they got to give you a second chance. Everybody has a second chance, now even a third. I would definitely appeal based on that. Reference that OB where CIC changed the process to allow re-writing the test. I guess it was OB 704, find it here in the board.

mike

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
I didn't miss any test , after residency questionnaire , I did interview with the judge and I did my exam oral with him , I am in Quebec ,Montreal , please mike if you could send me the link for the rule I appreciate thank you

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
retest chance: Operational Bulletin 530
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob530.asp

I've never heard of this combined test/interview/citizenship judge's hearing. Perhaps this is a new pilot project for certain types of cases? So please forgive my questions. I want to make sure I don't misunderstand.

Did the letter explicitly specify a failed test as the reason you were denied? If you would be comfortable, it would be helpful if you could share the exact wording of the letter.

Also, what exactly did the invitation to the test/interview/citizenship judge hearing say?

When did you take the test?

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
THey are getting really tough. Whts your timeline?

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Does the letter says that you can reapply for the new application

fliper386

Sep 15, 2013
Good evening,

Can you describe please the process of day test? Is there interaction with staff? About what they asked questions?

Thank you,
Roman.