+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension visitor visa got refused cause of medical exam

Nguyen749

Dec 1, 2023
Hello, I applied a extension visitor record for my dad at the first time and a medical exam was requested by at the same time the application showed to be approved so we didn’t do the medical exam because i forget to check mails while i got approval in paper

Last month, I applied the second extension for my dad. However, today we received a refusal letter stated the reason was he didn’t complete her medical exam and not to resubmit until there’s a medical results available. So my question in this case is what should we do? Should my dad conduct the medical exam using the expired medical exam form request and apply restored record once the results are available?

Has anyone been in this situation please provide me some advices on what to do. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I applied a extension visitor record for my dad at the first time and a medical exam was requested by at the same time the application showed to be approved so we didn’t do the medical exam because i forget to check mails while i got approval in paper

Last month, I applied the second extension for my dad. However, today we received a refusal letter stated the reason was he didn’t complete her medical exam and not to resubmit until there’s a medical results available. So my question in this case is what should we do? Should my dad conduct the medical exam using the expired medical exam form request and apply restored record once the results are available?

Has anyone been in this situation please provide me some advices on what to do. Thank you.
Your father was required to complete the medical exam as instructed by IRCC. He essentially received the first extension conditional on completing the medical, which he failed to do.

If he wants to remain in Canada, he will have to apply to restore his status. He is now out of status in Canada. Yes, he should complete a medical now and then apply to restore status with proof the medical has now been completed.

I don't think any of us can tell you what is going to happen. Your situation is unusual since most people do not fail to complete the medical.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Tue other issue is he has been visiting for at least a year likely so at a certain point he will be expected to return home.

Dterana

Mar 22, 2024

I have the same problem right now. So what happened to your dad? Did you send him home after the refusal? Or did you do the medical exam here in canada? and then reapplied for an extension.

I sent the application to renew yesterday and sent a separate webform explaining the missed medical exam, I hoping for an approval if they just allow me to take my dad for a medical exam again.