+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Work Permit- Online Application

DeOx

Mar 11, 2011
Hi Anne55,

I have not recieved any info from CIC about processing of application.The process seems to be moving very slowly.Please let me know if you have recieved any info or requests from them? Thanks

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi DeOx,

Never heard anything from them yet... they supposedly opened my file last Tuesday.

I will surely keep you posted soon as I heard something. ;)

Cheers! :D

Anne55

DeOx said:
Hi Anne55,

I have not recieved any info from CIC about processing of application.The process seems to be moving very slowly.Please let me know if you have recieved any info or requests from them? Thanks

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, everyone, I just got my new work permit in hand! It's been 115 days. I am so relief now, it's been a long and painful process.

It all started from last year. My work permit expired in Dec. 2010. So three months in advance, I applied on line for a renewal. And I encountered the same problem you guys had. No room for new contract submitting, only passport was asked to provide. I did it,and got rejected without any information from CIC asking for additional documents before my rejection.

When I asked CIC call agent about this, call agent said I must have chosen a wrong choice, during the process, and it's only open work permit that doesn't need a contract. But I tried it on line for many times, when I chose live-in caregiver, there is no way that I can mislead the process to an open work permit option. Also I mentioned that I was under the same employer. Then it came the checklist: Passport page only. However, I couldn't have the call center agent to admit there is a bug in their online application system. All I got was a suggestion that I should reapplied by mail, since" I find it difficult doing it on line",yes that's what they said.

I finally did what they suggested, not because I find it difficult to apply on line, but I think there is a bug, and I won't waste again, my time and money for it. Thank God I applied early enough so that I was able to reapply within my expiry date.

So, everyone, if you are a live-in caregiver, under same employer, and applying for renewal of work permit, you either do it through mail, or do it online like honeysweetie did, or you will just be rejected without any notice. Hope my failure could be a reminder for the newcomers, and avoid unnecessary cost and time.

God bless us all!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, I wasn't asked to provide a job offer like honeysweetie. I had my contract, employer letter, work permit and passport copy, with a letter explaining the whole situation(why I didn't provide my contract first time when I applied on line), and after around 4 months waiting, I got my new work permit. Thank God!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats xtalj, at least you are relieved now. Good luck on your next move.

xtalj said:
Hi, everyone, I just got my new work permit in hand! It's been 115 days. I am so relief now, it's been a long and painful process.

It all started from last year. My work permit expired in Dec. 2010. So three months in advance, I applied on line for a renewal. And I encountered the same problem you guys had. No room for new contract submitting, only passport was asked to provide. I did it,and got rejected without any information from CIC asking for additional documents before my rejection.

When I asked CIC call agent about this, call agent said I must have chosen a wrong choice, during the process, and it's only open work permit that doesn't need a contract. But I tried it on line for many times, when I chose live-in caregiver, there is no way that I can mislead the process to an open work permit option. Also I mentioned that I was under the same employer. Then it came the checklist: Passport page only. However, I couldn't have the call center agent to admit there is a bug in their online application system. All I got was a suggestion that I should reapplied by mail, since" I find it difficult doing it on line",yes that's what they said.

I finally did what they suggested, not because I find it difficult to apply on line, but I think there is a bug, and I won't waste again, my time and money for it. Thank God I applied early enough so that I was able to reapply within my expiry date.

So, everyone, if you are a live-in caregiver, under same employer, and applying for renewal of work permit, you either do it through mail, or do it online like honeysweetie did, or you will just be rejected without any notice. Hope my failure could be a reminder for the newcomers, and avoid unnecessary cost and time.

God bless us all!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Honeysweetie! And yes, I have already applied for PR and OWP before I got the extension. So ....hope for the best this time! hehe!

I wish I met you earlier though, so I could have avoided my mistake. BTW, That was a very clever way to deal with that problem.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
hi there i just want to ask is it possible to apply online when your work permit same employer expired within 30 days..because i saw the processing time of renewal WP online is 50 days..will i be implied status? do i need to pay extra $200 for restoration fee..if i send it on paper is 118 days its more worst.

please tell me what to do?

thank you so much

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you are out of status when you send your work permit application, there's no implied status. You have to submit restoration ($200.00) and WP ($150.00) applications. Does not matter how you apply, what matters is you submit all needed attachments specified on the document checklist.

wsongco said:
hi there i just want to ask is it possible to apply online when your work permit same employer expired within 30 days..because i saw the processing time of renewal WP online is 50 days..will i be implied status? do i need to pay extra $200 for restoration fee..if i send it on paper is 118 days its more worst.

please tell me what to do?

thank you so much

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
my work permit expired May 5 2011. i call cic last month and told me not to renew because i submitted my PR/OWP last nov. but the thing is my helathcard and sin# also expired. what if i need to see doctors etc... so my friends advice me to renew so i can get healthcad.
my question is that if it expired on the may 5th can i still continue working as LCP on same employer. or should i stop and wait for new WP. What will be my status after may 5 if i send my WP application online or in paper?

thanks again

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
im planning submit this week and im gathering my docs but not sure if on paper or online

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So your WP is still valid and you'd be on implied status if CPC-Vegreville receives your complete application on or before May 5 2011; and you only have to pay for the work permit application not the restoration fee.

wsongco said:
my work permit expired May 5 2011. i call cic last month and told me not to renew because i submitted my PR/OWP last nov. but the thing is my helathcard and sin# also expired. what if i need to see doctors etc... so my friends advice me to renew so i can get healthcad.
my question is that if it expired on the may 5th can i still continue working as LCP on same employer. or should i stop and wait for new WP. What will be my status after may 5 if i send my WP application online or in paper?

thanks again

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
thank you so much

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you will need to renew your WP, because you have already submitted your PR and OWP application last NOv. You'd be already at implied status. You can keep working for same employer. That's what call agent told me.

Your sin card can still be used since you have this implied status. As if the health card, you can call them to find out how to renew it under such condition, I think it's okay though.(call 604-683-7151 if you are in Vancouver).

I just renewed my WP under the same employer, and before I got the new WP, I've call those departments to find out the situation I was in. Hope this helps.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Anne 55,

I ne visited this forum before.

So i have a question regarding my application of online work permit with the same employer.It says usually 50 to 55 days.
I submitted it online on March 12 and the message came You have successfully transmitted your Online Application on 12 March 2011 10:18:21AM EST.And now when i go to My CIC and there is written VIEW CHECKLIST .When i click it it opens up the list of documents which i provided at the time of submission of application and the status says PROVIDED and there is a column REQUIRED BY which states 1st April.There is an option VIEW DOCUMENT and when i click this it gives the same error as being discussed in the forum that unable to download from cic site.

So how i know that my documents were loaded or not at the time of submission of online application.Do i need to call ?

Plz advise.

Simp

anne55 said:
Hi DeOx,

Once you signed in to "My CIC", you'll notice beside the document icon that there is a date. Mine is March 29, that is the day they will open your application, How I know this info?? I phoned the Call Center the day after my application was transmitted and that's what exactly they told me :D

So don't worry, in case they need additional documents from you, they will send you an email and yeah, you will be in implied status till you receive the result from them.

Just sit back and welcome the spring as it comes... ;)

Cheers :D

Anne55