+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended Family Member Process

dc589

Jul 6, 2021
I wonder if someone could provide insight. My fiance is a Canadian citizen currently living in the UK with me, I am a UK citizen. Under the extended family travel exemption, is it likely that I would be able to travel with her to Canada, for the purpose of visiting her family in Canada for over 15 days? The issue being, technically, me and my fiance won't be 'reuniting' in Canada, but travelling together.

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
I wonder if someone could provide insight. My fiance is a Canadian citizen currently living in the UK with me, I am a UK citizen. Under the extended family travel exemption, is it likely that I would be able to travel with her to Canada, for the purpose of visiting her family in Canada for over 15 days? The issue being, technically, me and my fiance won't be 'reuniting' in Canada, but travelling together.
You are still reuniting with her- Now assume that she comes to Canada on a flight before yours, then basically you are coming to reunite with her. As there is no such thing which states that a person should be reunited only after a certain duration of time such as 1 year/ 2 or 3 years, or even days and weeks! The idea and duration of living far away to be considered as family reunification are vague. So based on this you should good. You can tell them- Okay I will embark on my journey to Canada on the second flight and basically, I will be coming only for the purpose of reuniting with my wife since she is already living in Canada!

Reactions: dc589

dc589

Jul 6, 2021
You are still reuniting with her- Now assume that she comes to Canada on a flight before yours, then basically you are coming to reunite with her. As there is no such thing which states that a person should be reunited only after a certain duration of time such as 1 year/ 2 or 3 years, or even days and weeks! The idea and duration of living far away to be considered as family reunification are vague. So based on this you should good. You can tell them- Okay I will embark on my journey to Canada on the second flight and basically, I will be coming only for the purpose of reuniting with my wife since she is already living in Canada!
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it! Yes, that makes sense and is probably the best route to go down. The whole thing is so vague - but hopefully that plan works and I will be approved for an exemption! Thanks again

Reactions: Sharkha

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
Hi guys,

I received GCMS notes for my Fiance's TRV today. In the assessment section, it states- Criminality: Passed- Bio; Info Sharing: Complete; Counterfoil required: Y. Eligibility and Security are blank. What does it mean? Will they perform Eligibility and Security later? How soon can we expect to hear from them?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hello everyone, does anyone here tried or know the process of applying a visitor’s visa for out family outside Canada to come here? Humbly asking for a link of reference please thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it! Yes, that makes sense and is probably the best route to go down. The whole thing is so vague - but hopefully that plan works and I will be approved for an exemption! Thanks again
You are welcome and Best of Luck for your travel !