+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry with Spouse

psychomantis

Mar 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know the following since I'm planning to apply for express entry along with my wife.

- Do I need to get IELTS and ECA for my spouse as well for a chance of getting more points?
- If I create an online profile do I need proof of funds (bank statement readily available) right after?
- How much time does it take roughly to receive an ITA?

Appreciate your replies.

Stay blessed!

Myselfarchitect

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
NOVEMBER 6 (RCMP AND SCHEDULE A SPOUSE)
Nomination.....
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2016
psychomantis said:
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know the following since I'm planning to apply for express entry along with my wife.

- Do I need to get IELTS and ECA for my spouse as well for a chance of getting more points?
- If I create an online profile do I need proof of funds (bank statement readily available) right after?
- How much time does it take roughly to receive an ITA?

Appreciate your replies.

Stay blessed!

Hey you dont need to specifically show your spouses IELTS or educational documents (WES) as i never showed anything (you could show additional spouse's documents only if you dont have enough points ).... You dont need to put the POF right after creating the profile just put the funds in bank a week or so before you apply and show how you got the funds....

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
psychomantis said:
Hi Everyone,

- Do I need to get IELTS and ECA for my spouse as well for a chance of getting more points? A: Yes, that will help enhance your CRS Score.
- If I create an online profile do I need proof of funds (bank statement readily available) right after? A : When you file e-APR or PNs you need to show unencumbered funds in your account for at least six months.
- How much time does it take roughly to receive an ITA? A: You mean CRS Score, that depends on the draw cutoff. Its around 470 lately.

Appreciate your replies.

Stay blessed!

psychomantis

Mar 29, 2016
Myselfarchitect said:
Hey you dont need to specifically show your spouses IELTS or educational documents (WES) as i never showed anything (you could show additional spouse's documents only if you dont have enough points ).... You dont need to put the POF right after creating the profile just put the funds in bank a week or so before you apply and show how you got the funds....
Kindly clarify what you meant by applying. Applying when ITA is obtained? As I've read that minimum POF requirements by CIC must be there for at lest 6 months :-\

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
psychomantis said:
Hi Everyone,

- Do I need to get IELTS and ECA for my spouse as well for a chance of getting more points? - IELTS and ECA for spouse is not mandatory, but if you want to claim additional points, you can get it done. The maximum that you can claim for IELTS and ECA are 20 and 10 (Total 30 points).
- If I create an online profile do I need proof of funds (bank statement readily available) right after? - It depends on your current score. In case your score is high (470 and above), then you will get a direct ITA in the next round of invitation. If not then it depends. If you can let me know what your score is, shall be able to suggest accordingly.
- How much time does it take roughly to receive an ITA? - As mentioned above, it solely depends on your score. You can get ITA in 3 different ways
1) Direct ITA - To get a direct ITA (based on the current trend), your CRS should be at least 470 and above (but let's assume it may come down a bit, so a safer bet would be 460)
2) PNP - If your score is below 470 and you get a provincial nomination, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation.
3) Job Offer - If your score is below 470 and you have an LMIA backed job offer, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation.

Appreciate your replies.

Stay blessed!