+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Just change your speaking to 7 in the crs tool and see how it changes everything.

You may not even need OINP, you can get a direct ITA.
I know. I did all permutations and combinations. I was confident that I did very well in speaking, the examiner was such a rude and arrogant lady. Anyways, waiting for EOR. Fingers crossed.

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Just change your speaking to 7 in the crs tool and see how it changes everything.

You may not even need OINP, you can get a direct ITA.
Somehow, I feel they purposely give a 6.5 to most, in either W or S from what I have observed, I feel it will be the same no matter how many times I give, so not thinking of reappearing for ielts as of now. First attempt, I got an 8 in speaking and this time, it's 6.5.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I know. I did all permutations and combinations. I was confident that I did very well in speaking, the examiner was such a rude and arrogant lady. Anyways, waiting for EOR. Fingers crossed.
Great. I'm sure you will get a positive result.

All the best

Reactions: milindpm

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Great. I'm sure you will get a positive result.

All the best
Thanks for the motivation. Being positive. If not a direct ITA, at least a PNP should be in my favour by next one year. My B-Day is on September 30 and I hope I get nominated by oinp before that. Will enter the EE pool tentatively by Feb 10.

Reactions: TanakaM

Kaur12n

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Yes, you can do this, many applicants here have done it without any issues. You can also mention that in a letter of explanation that you are not claiming any points for this work experience, thus it was moved from the Work History section to the Personal History section. Good Luck!
Hi

M also in same situation. My husband is secondary applicant and he has 2 years of experience outside Canada. We have added his experience under work history. He has job letter from his company. Do we need only that or something else also?
And also for primary applicant all the pay tubs, offer letter and t4s are enough or we need Notice of assessments as well.

Thanks

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hi

M also in same situation. My husband is secondary applicant and he has 2 years of experience outside Canada. We have added his experience under work history. He has job letter from his company. Do we need only that or something else also?
And also for primary applicant all the pay tubs, offer letter and t4s are enough or we need Notice of assessments as well.

Thanks
For the secondary application, there is no point in adding foreign work experience in the Work History section as it will not give you any CRS points and you will be asked for job letters without any benefits. So, you should remove these 2 years from Work History section and only add them in the Personal History section and you will not need to provide any letters.
For the primary applicant, all you need is a letter(s) that covers all requirements which:
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
So, if all the above information is covered in your documents, you should be fine. The Notice of Assessment, paystubs, offer letter, etc. are all supporting documents and are not mandatory as long as you provide a Reference Letter from your employer that covers all information above. Good Luck!

Reactions: TanakaM

Kaur12n

Star Member
May 1, 2017
For the secondary application, there is no point in adding foreign work experience in the Work History section as it will not give you any CRS points and you will be asked for job letters without any benefits. So, you should remove these 2 years from Work History section and only add them in the Personal History section and you will not need to provide any letters.
For the primary applicant, all you need is a letter(s) that covers all requirements which:
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
So, if all the above information is covered in your documents, you should be fine. The Notice of Assessment, paystubs, offer letter, etc. are all supporting documents and are not mandatory as long as you provide a Reference Letter from your employer that covers all information above. Good Luck!
Thanks for quick reply.
Actually I applied for my husband's work permit twice(which was rejected)in that we showed his work experience. So that's why I entered that in work history section.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks for quick reply.
Actually I applied for my husband's work permit twice(which was rejected)in that we showed his work experience. So that's why I entered that in work history section.
Follow @noscaf2014 's advice and remove it from work history. Just mention this change in your LOE.

Regards

sushdaz

Oct 23, 2017
Thank you all.. Then WES it is..
I've posted another thread on Transcripts.. As soon as I get the answers, shall take it forward from there.

sushdaz

Oct 23, 2017
What should be the minimum score so that we can apply? Going by the conversation above, it seems, anything below 400 will not stand a chance. And the best way to improve is - retake IELTS. What about Nomination Certificate? What's the approximate cost and eligibility around it? Please guide.

gaurav minhas

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi
In my passport my old address is mentioned and we don't live there anymore still my passport has 2. 5 years before it expires , will it cause any issue in later stage in Visa process?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi
In my passport my old address is mentioned and we don't live there anymore still my passport has 2. 5 years before it expires , will it cause any issue in later stage in Visa process?
Hi,

No, don't worry about the address on the passport. In fact, most countries don't put addresses on passports.

regards

Reactions: gaurav minhas

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
What should be the minimum score so that we can apply? Going by the conversation above, it seems, anything below 400 will not stand a chance. And the best way to improve is - retake IELTS. What about Nomination Certificate? What's the approximate cost and eligibility around it? Please guide.
Hi,

There is no minimum score per say, it just depends on current trends. However, 400 + gives you a good chance of getting provincial nomination or a direct ITA in the near future.

You would need to search for information on each province to get the costs and requirement as they differ.

regards