+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

vw@ut033

Jun 30, 2017
Hi

Can anyone advice me on this please-

I received my ITA and i am currently waiting for my US PCC which i hope to get by november 1st week and i will then apply. I am an Indian citizen but due to work i need to travel to germany from october to december 15th.

So my question is, can i submit my application while i am in germany or does it have to be from India? is there any place where we have to mention my current location?

Also is there anything extra that i need to do to explain my case? if so how?

Thanks

kanwar164

Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I have a query regarding the passport details as i have completed my profile for Express Entry.
Is it mandatory to have a spouse name on the primary applicant's passport?
In my case my spouse has my name in the spouse name column as she got her passport recently issued(co-applicant has the spouse name). Whereas, I(Primary applicant) do not have the same on my passport. Will this be a road blocker if i receive an ITA?

Thanks

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for the information, I did live in US over 5 years and now I am in India, So was looking if someone can give some details regarding how can I initiate the process for FBI PCC in Bangalore! Maybe experts can provide me a link to the thread or can let me know! Thanks in advance
This is what I found on CIC's website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

P.S - It might not be a bad idea to contact US Embassy in India to get some clarification

Last edited:
Reactions: Troy2245

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Dear All,

I am planning to submit my Express Entry profile and had a couple of queries. Hope, experts on this profile can help me out with these.

1) I have nearly 9.8 years of experience. Out of this, I have reference letters for around 9.4 years. 4 months back, I changed my job and have worked for the current org for just 3 months.
Do I need to declare this in my work history or, I can just declare till 9.4 years.
I do think we can declare just that exp for which we want to claim points but, what is confusing me is the language on the work history section of the profile which says"You must keep your profile uptodate and mention any job changes etc"
Please guide me on this. You can include till 9.4 years. Or how-so-many years for which you have reference letters in CIC prescribed format, so long as the total length is greater than 3 years it doesn't matter. So if you provide 4 years or 9.4 years it's not going to affect your CRS score under Work History while filling your Express Entry

The period of your employment for which you don't have reference letter, should do under Personal History in your PR application post ITA.

2) On the reference letters, my orgs have mentioned just my last designation(They did not include titles held). I do have designation change letters hope, this should not be an issue with CIC later. Cannot say for sure, So long as you have reference letters containing information CIC seeks, you should be fine. Your offer/appraisal/resignation letters with your payslips could be added proof that you are genuine and that you represented your work ex under correct NOC.

P.S. - These are just my 2 cents, I am in the same boat and preparing to fill my PR post ITA
Thanks in advance
Varun

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hi,

I have a query regarding the passport details as i have completed my profile for Express Entry.
Is it mandatory to have a spouse name on the primary applicant's passport?
In my case my spouse has my name in the spouse name column as she got her passport recently issued(co-applicant has the spouse name). Whereas, I(Primary applicant) do not have the same on my passport. Will this be a road blocker if i receive an ITA?

Thanks
Don't overthink it. There is no mention of having spouse's name on anyone's passport on CIC website. When you fill your EE profile only primary applicant's passport details are asked. Secondary applicant's passport details will be asked in PR post ITA. So two individual passport details with their unique number. Since you are only thinking the scenario where both Husband /Wife have Indian passport thus their names should be added in each other's passport. What if Husband is from India and let's say Wife has passport of Sri Lanka?

In any case you will have a Marriage certificate to show for, and it may be asked in PR application post ITA.

P.S - If your passport doesn't have your wife's name you cannot do anything about it. Unless you want to apply for a new passport. Worry about things which are in your control :)
Cheers!

Reactions: kanwar164

kanwar164

Sep 7, 2017
Don't overthink it. There is no mention of having spouse's name on anyone's passport on CIC website. When you fill your EE profile only primary applicant's passport details are asked. Secondary applicant's passport details will be asked in PR post ITA. So two individual passport details with their unique number. Since you are only thinking the scenario where both Husband /Wife have Indian passport thus their names should be added in each other's passport. What if Husband is from India and let's say Wife has passport of Sri Lanka?

In any case you will have a Marriage certificate to show for, and it may be asked in PR application post ITA.

P.S - If your passport doesn't have your wife's name you cannot do anything about it. Unless you want to apply for a new passport. Worry about things which are in your control :)
Cheers!
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, i do have a marriage certificate. Hopefully, I would not cater any issue regarding the spouse scenario post ITA.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
This is what I found on CIC's website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

P.S - It might not be a bad idea to contact US Embassy in India to get some clarification
Thanks a lot bud! I was wondering if I can pay through my credit card and take a print out and send along with fingerprint card and application form to FBI? I can avoid check or money order in that way!

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks a lot bud! I was wondering if I can pay through my credit card and take a print out and send along with fingerprint card and application form to FBI? I can avoid check or money order in that way!
You can't pay via credit card beforehand but, when you download your application and fingerprint card, download the FBI Credit Card payment form too and complete it, then send it along with your completed application and fingerprint card. The FBI will charge your credit card when they process your application.

(It's also a great way to track your application since you'll know the FBI is about to start processing your application and your PCC is 2 - 3 weeks out, when you see the credit card charge come up)

Reactions: Troy2245

Remmy987

Jul 4, 2017
Hello everyone, i received an invitation yesterday but i am worried because my partner passport will expire in February 2018,i already booked an appointment to renew it. Is it advisable to submit the application with my current passport and later raise CSE when i receive the new or i should wait and use the new one. Regards

Last edited:

vw@ut033

Jun 30, 2017
Hi

Can anyone advice me on this please-

I received my ITA and i am currently waiting for my US PCC which i hope to get by november 1st week and i will then apply. I am an Indian citizen but due to work i need to travel to germany from october to december 15th.

So my question is, can i submit my application while i am in germany or does it have to be from India? is there any place where we have to mention my current location?

Also is there anything extra that i need to do to explain my case? if so how?

Thanks
Can anyone help me on this please?

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Can some one tell me, where am I now?ITA : 3 April
EAPR: 12 may

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The addition document you provided was being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I have a doubt regarding my work experience duration calculation. I have total work experience of more than 4 years in the skilled jobs but in different job profiles, 2.7 years in Information Technology industry and 1.5 in a managerial role in the Insurance industry. Should I enter my work experience as 2.7 ( or 2 to be exact) years only, as I have higher experience and will gain higher points for my IT job as compared to my second job where my experience is only 1.5 years. Or I can enter total 4 years?

I have this doubt because someone said that the work experience in only one job profile is considered and there is no similarity between the two job roles that I have assumed till date.

Thanks and Regards.

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
hi

Good day. Can you please help to clarify my doubt around POF. I hold a joint account with my father where I have sufficient funds for 4 family members (Me, my wife, my daughter and son). Do i need to get a gift deed from my father as I hold a joint account with him? Or is it advisable to transfer money to my individual account but it will delay my EE process as i wont have 6 months average balance if I transfer it to my individual account.

From when is it advisable to hold POF in my account? Is it 6 months before creating EE profile or 6 months before getting ITA?

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
Hi, I received an ITA for canada express entry in June 2017. I have submitted my application on July 5th 2017. We had a baby boy born on August 5th 2017 and my wife is waiting to finish her medicals(we didn't do the xray yet). Can anyone please help me with the process of adding my new born baby to the application? where should I be starting with? Any guidance or url link would be great.