+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hello...

I'm from India where most of the bank's give .5% more interest to senior citizen. So, what I made fixed deposits of around 15 lack in my father's name and my name as second account holder. Now, in order to use that amount as proof of fund, I requested the bank to remove my father's name from fd and just keep my name as account holder which they did and issued me duplicate FDs for the same.

Will it be accepted as POF cause the duplicate FD has word 'duplicate' mentioned on them.

Thanks

Amit

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
There's no need to mention your 10th and 12th grade results. Begin with your PhD, then Masters and lastly Bachelors.

Good luck.
Hello...

I'm from India where most of the bank's give .5% more interest to senior citizen. So, what I made fixed deposits of around 15 lack in my father's name and my name as second account holder. Now, in order to use that amount as proof of fund, I requested the bank to remove my father's name from fd and just keep my name as account holder which they did and issued me duplicate FDs for the same.

Will it be accepted as POF cause the duplicate FD has word 'duplicate' mentioned on them.

Thanks

Amit

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello...

Thanks

Amit
I've no idea about this. But my understanding is that it'll be OK if you get your bank to stamp and sign your "duplicate" documents.

Good luck.

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
I've no idea about this. But my understanding is that it'll be OK if you get your bank to stamp and sign your "duplicate" documents.

Good luck.
Actually they have issued me the duplicate FD with all the details and stamp but (just like original), only issue is that they have mentioned 'duplicate' on them....I was told by the bank that whenever there are any changes requested in the FD, they will provide a new FD with duplicate written on them. Even if you have lost them, the same criteria applies

They will also provide the letter for POF issued on my name with all the details

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Actually they have issued me the duplicate FD with all the details and stamp but (just like original), only issue is that they have mentioned 'duplicate' on them....I was told by the bank that whenever there are any changes requested in the FD, they will provide a new FD with duplicate written on them. Even if you have lost them, the same criteria applies
It's alright then. Good luck.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018

They will also provide the letter for POF issued on my name with all the details
Well we can understand but visa officer will contemplate about it's authenticity. Having bank seal and other would do good. Just to be on the safer side have a LOE in handy. When asked for clarification, clear the air of ambiguity .

prachij18

Mar 21, 2017
Hi, I submitted my EE profile. I did a mistake in the question " did u do half of the course as second language " one. i said yes which is supposed to be no. can i update the answer or do i withdraw it, delete the profile and re do the application.

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi Experts,

In my express entry profile I've claimed points for my highest degree (Master's) from USA and obtained ECA for that. In my educational history I've mentioned only my Master's degree and not my Bachelor's degree.

1. Now when I'm asked to upload my docs after ITA, should I be uploading both Master's degree and Bachelor's degree?

2. Should I edit my education history to include my Bachelor's degree? Or will having it in personal history suffice?

Thanks

ngans

Jun 17, 2017
Would like to ask a couple of things in our planning to stay in Canada. Thanks much in advance!

- After we get to CoPR stage, when is the latest to go to Canada to register for the PR card?

- I am applying for the family (me, my husband, two small kids) and does it need the whole family flying to Canada to register for PR or just the Primary Applicant can do for all? Our two kids are just 2 and 3 years old so too small to travel around.

- We are planning to really move to Canada around 2.5 years after we get CoPR, because we have a lot to settle here in the home town, e.g. selling or renting out flat, our job and so on. Any tax we need to pay to Canada gov, e.g. renting/selling flat and income before we physically move to Canada to stay? The thing is we are still paying tax in our home town, so I think we do not need to pay dual, even if we are granted CoPR?

Can someone please offer advice? Thanks very much!

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hi...

The work experience letter for all my employment (research associate/post doc fellow) have no mention of the fellowship (salary) paid to me... However, I do have official appointment letters which mentions it and also my profs have provided seperate statement of fellowship paid throughout the year with all the details, which can be easily varified with bank statement. I read somewhere that all the details should be there on your ref letter.

But, I guess my situation is different from those working in corporate or business setting.

Just wanted to know will it be alright?

Thanks

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hi, I submitted my EE profile. I did a mistake in the question " did u do half of the course as second language " one. i said yes which is supposed to be no. can i update the answer or do i withdraw it, delete the profile and re do the application.
No No No, don't withdraw for such cases.You can make as many alterations in your profile till you get ITA

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hi...

The work experience letter for all my employment (research associate/post doc fellow) have no mention of the fellowship (salary) paid to me... However, I do have official appointment letters which mentions it and also my profs have provided seperate statement of fellowship paid throughout the year with all the details, which can be easily varified with bank statement. I read somewhere that all the details should be there on your ref letter.

But, I guess my situation is different from those working in corporate or business setting.

Just wanted to know will it be alright?

Thanks
Nah.. you are safe.
Do you have any salary slips? If yes, furnish such slips. CIC want's to know that you are paid for your work, garner any documents to substantiate that point.

Along with reference letters, add any document which claims you are paid.

Some of us corporate employees couldn't even garner reference letter , as our employer didn't comply with our request. We are providing affidavits and other documents which add claim to our work experience. Compare to us, your case is less ambiguous :)

Mars88

Aug 18, 2017
Hello,

Please advise.

Timeline is following

AOR June 24 2017
Med passed and UCI assigned July 19 2017
IP 1 missed?
RPRF requested July 28 2017
RPRF paid and submitted August 2 2017

So, Background check is still Not applicable.
Not sure which date should be considered as a date when status has changed to NA2.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hi Experts,

In my express entry profile I've claimed points for my highest degree (Master's) from USA and obtained ECA for that. In my educational history I've mentioned only my Master's degree and not my Bachelor's degree.

1. Now when I'm asked to upload my docs after ITA, should I be uploading both Master's degree and Bachelor's degree?

2. Should I edit my education history to include my Bachelor's degree? Or will having it in personal history suffice?

Thanks
The requirement is as follows, 'You should choose the highest level degree, diploma or certificate (or combination) that will award you the most points. For example, you would get more points for an ECA report that shows you have a Canadian equivalent of a master’s degree than for one that shows you have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree.'

You have to furnish the documents for which you claim points. It is understandable that bachelor precedes Master's degree.

However, I read in some thread that post ITA, you have to furnish all the educational document (bachelor+ master). Hence mention both in your educational history, after ITA you will be choosing the following options.

Educational Qualification : MAsters
ECA done: Yes

Educational qualification : Bachelors
ECA done: No.

Again the above details I infer from some threads.