+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hi guys,
Please help me on my below which getting bigger and bigger in my mind.

In my previous work permit application, i claimed for 2 years retail supervisor experience but Immigration officer didn't approve this as he checked my previous study permit application and couldn't find this.

That time i was misguided by an agency, not to show in order to approve study permit application.

Now i m ready to make my file for Permanent residency and really confused why should i write in past 10 years employment history section??

Should i include this or not?? i have few documents to prove this as that was 7 years old experience.

does this point to be a reason for rejection for my permanent residency application??

Now i m making my application on basis of current 3 years work experience(claim points for 3 years only) and I'm not claiming any points for that previous experience neither i got any advantage from that experience.

Should i mention this in my personal history details?

Please guys , i really need advise on this as i m stuck with this since a month and need to get rid of this.

Thanks in advance

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Does the manager needs to be presently working? coz none of them work currently.
It would be better if you garner the letter from the present employer. If you are facing dead end, then obtain the letter from the manager who is working elsewhere and explain your situation in the LOE.
Give it a shot.

If you are maintaining a good rapport with your ex-manager, try to get a scan of his relieving letter which you later used to substantiate his employment

sswas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
It would be better if you garner the letter from the present employer. If you are facing dead end, then obtain the letter from the manager who is working elsewhere and explain your situation in the LOE.
Give it a shot.

If you are maintaining a good rapport with your ex-manager, try to get a scan of his relieving letter which you later used to substantiate his employment
THanks for your reply. I have a good rapport with my manager however, I am dead sure my employer will not give it in the format CIC needs. They are not willing to mention the work hours and job description. Hence, I need a clarification if I can get a letter from my manager notaries it and attached my managers relieving letter (If possible will try however, will be a lil difficult as its something personal to him). So, I can attach what ever letter I get from my employer, my offer letter, relieving letter, payslip (3 months), managers notarize letter and if possible managers relieving letter along with LOE.

Will that work? do you have a sample notarize format? thanks.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
THanks for your reply. I have a good rapport with my manager however, I am dead sure my employer will not give it in the format CIC needs. They are not willing to mention the work hours and job description. Hence, I need a clarification if I can get a letter from my manager notaries it and attached my managers relieving letter (If possible will try however, will be a lil difficult as its something personal to him). So, I can attach what ever letter I get from my employer, my offer letter, relieving letter, payslip (3 months), managers notarize letter and if possible managers relieving letter along with LOE.

Will that work? do you have a sample notarize format? thanks.
Ya it will work as for most of the applicants. Be sure you submit all the documents to substantiate your claim. for eg, if am 2 year employee, I would submit first and last month's payslip for the 2 years. By doing so the visa officer will be convinced that I had worked for every year to which I claimed before.
There is not a notarized format, you can use any format and get it notarized. Just tailor the below format to your need.

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

Reactions: Wandering Mind

ituahappy

Aug 19, 2017
Hello all, my name is Ayomide, I am new here, I also want to migrate to Canada, pls can someone help with basic steps I need to follow. I read linguistics in university of Benin, currently a teacher. Was hoping to do professional courses not a master's program, I could change my mind when I get there, but I need answers. Would be writing ietls exams in November or December. . . does my husband need to write since I'm writing this test? Pls I need help and answers:)

sswas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Ya it will work as for most of the applicants. Be sure you submit all the documents to substantiate your claim. for eg, if am 2 year employee, I would submit first and last month's payslip for the 2 years. By doing so the visa officer will be convinced that I had worked for every year to which I claimed before.
There is not a notarized format, you can use any format and get it notarized. Just tailor the below format to your need.

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>
THank you so much you have been a great help.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Pls apologises but what is the first step for someone who has never applied for Canada immigration before.
Hi, please refer to the 1st page of this thread. You will find all the information. The first step should be taking the IELTS General test. You can also request/trigger WES ECA evaluation of your education.

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Hey guys !

I need to know something. I got my AOR on may 14 and after then I add my wife's name in my file. My friend told me due to this decision my file will delay for at least 3 months. It is true ?

east_1919

Jun 9, 2017
London, UK
@thestunner316 & @TanakaM
Well, I'm little confused about my work experience. Please help me out.
I had variable contracted hours in my last job which is both part time and full time. Moreover, during the first couple of month my job I was in training period and in the experience letter it is stated as trainee Assistant manager. I will provide part of the letter below:

These are the contracted hours. I have worked extra hours which does not reflect in the letter. But got the payslips to prove.

06/06/2011 to 27/11/2011 - Trainee Assistant Manager 20 hours per week

28/11/2011 to 27/01/2013 - Assistant Manager 20 hours per week

28/01/2013 to 29/06/2014 - Managers Assistant 30 hours per week

30/06/2014 to 25/04/2016 - Managers Assistant 20 hours per week

It's the same role only the name has changed.

My first question: Does the training period count as skilled work? If it does count can I count my experience as 3 yrs full time? In this role everyone has to go through a training period.
Second question: If it does not count can I show the extra hours during the last 9 months of my work through payslips which is more than 40 hrs per week altogether? In that case, can I count as 3 yrs full time?

Thank you guys ever so much:)

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi everyone
please I need help. I recently qualified for Canadian experience class and I've been trying to create a new express entry profile but every time I finish the come to Canada tool, I get redirected to the main CIC page instead of express entry profile page.
I can't find the express entry button anymore in my CIC account.
Is anyone experiencing the same thing??

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Nah.. you are safe.
Do you have any salary slips? If yes, furnish such slips. CIC want's to know that you are paid for your work, garner any documents to substantiate that point.

Along with reference letters, add any document which claims you are paid.

Some of us corporate employees couldn't even garner reference letter , as our employer didn't comply with our request. We are providing affidavits and other documents which add claim to our work experience. ComparTe to us, your case is less ambiguous :)
Thanks a lot for quick reply...

Reactions: sundar17feb99

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
I have a statement of fellowship paid throughout the year (One letter/Year) on official letterhead which mentions cheque details/date (Verifiable from bank statement) for all the three years. Also, I have published research articles in various international scientific journals which, have mention of my post and affiliation with the organization that I worked with. I am thinking of providing them the hyperlink for the same.

Will it work???

Thanks