+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

twitch

Aug 19, 2016
I had a question on behalf of my friend

they are currently starting this course from jan 2017
Autism and Behavioural Science Program (Postgraduate) (C405) - george brown college
2 semester - 1 year

and then planing to this course from sept 2017 after graduating from the prev one
Behavioural Science Technology Program (Intensive) (C136) - george brown college
3 semester - 43 weeks

they wanted to to know after completing both courses what term of work permit will they be eligible for...i suppose it should be 3 years but i just wanted to be sure

kindly reply

much appreciated

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
twitch said:
I had a question on behalf of my friend

they are currently starting this course from jan 2017
Autism and Behavioural Science Program (Postgraduate) (C405) - george brown college
2 semester - 1 year

and then planing to this course from sept 2017 after graduating from the prev one
Behavioural Science Technology Program (Intensive) (C136) - george brown college
3 semester - 43 weeks

they wanted to to know after completing both courses what term of work permit will they be eligible for...i suppose it should be 3 years but i just wanted to be sure

kindly reply

much appreciated
These are the requirements to get a PGWP -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Yes, PGWPs are issued for a maximum period of 3 years.

twitch

Aug 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
These are the requirements to get a PGWP -

Yes, PGWPs are issued for a maximum period of 3 years.

Thank Rajkamal

But the link doesn't state anything about 2 different programs..
as stated earlier...once graduated from 1 program(2 semester-1 year) they will be registering for the other(3 semester)
So will it be considered as a two years of studies or no?
After completing both the programs by mid- 2018...what duration of PGWP will that they be eligible for???

Thanks

Shrey_Can

Mar 14, 2016
Hello Guys,
Appreciate if someone can answer my query
I received the ITA and uploaded the necessary documents. While uploading the employment proofs in the upload documents page, the Employment tenures in the “Document Column” were termed as "Employment 1", "Employment 2"..and so on, hence i uploaded the employment documents in chronological order. However, now when I see my "View Submitted Application" page, the document column reflects the employment tenures along with designation but it now has a different set of employment proof corresponding to each tenure since i had uploaded them in chronological order earlier.

For example, the screen is showing documents of my 3rd employer got attached to the 1st employer row.

Please advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twitch said:
Thank Rajkamal

But the link doesn't state anything about 2 different programs..
as stated earlier...once graduated from 1 program(2 semester-1 year) they will be registering for the other(3 semester)
So will it be considered as a two years of studies or no?
After completing both the programs by mid- 2018...what duration of PGWP will that they be eligible for???

Thanks
"If a student obtained a one-year degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible institution in Canada after having obtained, within the prior two years, another degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible institution in Canada, the duration of the work permit may be up to three years."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi guys,

I just got invite under CEC today and went through the initial questionnaire. While creating profile, it asked if I have a relative here. I do have an uncle here, and I entered that it is asking me for Family member proof of status. My folly was I did not realize it will be a hassle to prove he is related to me and under CEC it doesnt even add points for me. It asks me to upload his canadian passport and proof of relationship!

If i went and changed my answer to say no i do not have an uncle here, i am assuming that field to upload will disappear. Should I reject my invite in this case? Even though i doubt my points will reduce because of not mentioning that I have a relative but it might be wrong because of misrepresentation?

edit:After giving it 2 mins of thought, I realize the back of my dad and my uncle's passports should suffice where it mentions my grandfather's name?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
lifein360 said:
Hi guys,

I just got invite under CEC today and went through the initial questionnaire. While creating profile, it asked if I have a relative here. I do have an uncle here, and I entered that it is asking me for Family member proof of status. My folly was I did not realize it will be a hassle to prove he is related to me and under CEC it doesnt even add points for me. It asks me to upload his canadian passport and proof of relationship!

If i went and changed my answer to say no i do not have an uncle here, i am assuming that field to upload will disappear. Should I reject my invite in this case? Even though i doubt my points will reduce because of not mentioning that I have a relative but it might be wrong because of misrepresentation?

edit:After giving it 2 mins of thought, I realize the back of my dad and my uncle's passports should suffice where it mentions my grandfather's name?
No. You do not have to reject the invite. You can answer "No" to the question that asks if you have any relatives in Canada and remove his details from your profile. The placeholder you were talking about will disappear.

Edit: You should prove the relation between your uncle and your parent and the relation between your parent and yourself.

To do this, you can submit documents (Birth Certificate/Passport etc) of your parent and your uncle that shows common parents. You can then provide your document showing your parent's name on it, completing the chain.

Also, you would have to prove your uncle is currently residing in Canada - a lease agreement, latest utility bill etc would work.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
No. You do not have to reject the invite. You can answer "No" to the question that asks if you have any relatives in Canada and remove his details from your profile. The placeholder you were talking about will disappear.

Edit: You should prove the relation between your uncle and your parent and the relation between your parent and yourself.

To do this, you can submit documents (Birth Certificate/Passport etc) of your parent and your uncle that shows common parents. You can then provide your document showing your parent's name on it, completing the chain.

Also, you would have to prove your uncle is currently residing in Canada - a lease agreement, latest utility bill etc would work.
Hi Rajkamal, thank you for the detailed response. So I will combine the passport copies of my parent, uncle and myself in one document. I do not need to circle the name of my grandfather (their father) on my parent and uncle's passport copies right? hopefully they will get it :p

Also noted about the utility bill. thanks. I wish I had not mentioned I have an uncle but I guess better to tell everything instead of misrepresentation. No harm in my case

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
lifein360 said:
Hi Rajkamal, thank you for the detailed response. So I will combine the passport copies of my parent, uncle and myself in one document. I do not need to circle the name of my grandfather (their father) on my parent and uncle's passport copies right? hopefully they will get it :p

Also noted about the utility bill. thanks. I wish I had not mentioned I have an uncle but I guess better to tell everything instead of misrepresentation. No harm in my case
Yes, you can either go ahead with these documents OR you can simply remove him from the application (not considered misrepresentation). Your prerogative. Good luck.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, you can either go ahead with these documents OR you can simply remove him from the application (not considered misrepresentation). Your prerogative. Good luck.
Thank you Rajkamal, another big miss on my part, I had answered "Yes" for do you have a valid job offer, and now after wondering why they are asking for "Employment record" "offer of employment" and "letter of employment" seperately, i realized that question is for people with arranged or LMIA jobs. I am PGWP candidate but got a job here after graduation. If i change my answer to no, that isn't affecting my score as I still have 1 year of legimitate work experience I can prove. Again, no need to decline right?

On a side note, that section of the EE profile was so confusing. "Do you have a valid job offer?" and "Is it LMIA sponsored" were seperate questions and I had no idea the first one was also referring to LMIA/arranged jobs

Also for employment records, they don't really specify records for which job should be uploaded where so I can just select any one upload button for one job right

Shrey_Can

Mar 14, 2016
Hello Guys,
I received the ITA and uploaded the necessary documents. While uploading the employment proofs in the upload documents page, the Employment tenures in the “Document Column” were termed as "Employment 1", "Employment 2"..and so on, hence i uploaded the employment documents in chronological order. However, now when I see my "View Submitted Application" page, the document column reflects the employment tenures along with designation but it now has a different set of employment proof corresponding to each tenure since i had uploaded them in chronological order earlier.

For example, the screen is showing documents of my 3rd employer got attached to the 1st employer row.

Please advise.

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hi everyone......Any one here from Pakistan/India who have recently submitted his profile for Express Entry. Kindly send your contact number here or email me the contact number at my email ID i.e "hassan_khaliddar@hotmail.com" so that i can contact you. I want to get some guidence/information regarding submission of profile for EE. Waiting for response. Thank You

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
lifein360 said:
Thank you Rajkamal, another big miss on my part, I had answered "Yes" for do you have a valid job offer, and now after wondering why they are asking for "Employment record" "offer of employment" and "letter of employment" seperately, i realized that question is for people with arranged or LMIA jobs. I am PGWP candidate but got a job here after graduation. If i change my answer to no, that isn't affecting my score as I still have 1 year of legimitate work experience I can prove. Again, no need to decline right?

Correct. If it is not affecting your score, no issues. Just answer NO to that question and proceed.

On a side note, that section of the EE profile was so confusing. "Do you have a valid job offer?" and "Is it LMIA sponsored" were seperate questions and I had no idea the first one was also referring to LMIA/arranged jobs

If you are just applying based on your current work experience, you can answer NO to that question (This question is for people who want to claim the 50/200 points for job offer.

Also for employment records, they don't really specify records for which job should be uploaded where so I can just select any one upload button for one job right

If your reference letter contains all the details required by IRCC, you can submit that alone.
You can submit your payslips and T4s as supporting documentation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Shrey_Can said:
Hello Guys,

Please advise.
I believe that the order of the placeholders would match the order of the jobs in the work history section. I would suggest that you upload documents in such a way that in the documents upload page the order matches.