+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello
I want to apply express entry for my cousin he lives in Africa and I live in Canada is that possible..kindly guide me thank u
Yes, you can. Everything is submitted online. Well you will basically be helping with the process that's all. Otherwise, it will be as if he is applying on his own.

Regards

alina1990

Dec 14, 2016
Faisalabad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
The most important thing is to have a reference letter which shows the duties and responsibilities that you have held.
You must do everything in your power to get this as the other documents are just supporting documents.

Regards
All of duties and responsibilities are mentioned on my appointment which are same as mentioned in my noc.
Should i have also arrange a reference letter while i have appointment letter which shows everything clearly?

Kaur12n

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Hi guys

I am creating my express entry profile.I have some doubts regarding first name and last name.
Actually, I dont have my last name on my passport. Should i mention my first name in last name coloumn and leave first name coloumn empty?

Thanks in advance

Farshad82

Oct 8, 2017
Hi,
I have a question regarding LMIA. I have an open work permit and I have been working for more than 1 year in a job with skill level B. I wonder if I am exempt from LMIA? according to CIC website my job is exempt from LMIA if I am already working for my current employer with a work permit based on that LMIA.

But my work permit is not based on LMIA since it is an open work permit.

Thanks,
Farshad

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,
I have a question regarding LMIA. I have an open work permit and I have been working for more than 1 year in a job with skill level B. I wonder if I am exempt from LMIA? according to CIC website my job is exempt from LMIA if I am already working for my current employer with a work permit based on that LMIA.

But my work permit is not based on LMIA since it is an open work permit.

Thanks,
Farshad
Unfortunately based on the (limited) information you have provided, I don't think your job is exempt from LMIA, and you won't be able to claim your current job as a VALID offer of employment, for purposes of gaining more CRS points... I could be wrong though - maybe there's other information about your job that you didn't tell us - see below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Offer of employment: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
If you have a job offer (offer of arranged employment), you need to update your Express Entry profile in your account with the :

Your job offer must:

• be in writing
  • not be from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada
  • set out details of the job they’re offering you, such as:
    • your pay and deductions
    • your job duties
    • conditions of employment, like your hours of work
A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.

Your job offer must also meet other criteria to be valid under the Express Entry program you qualify for below.
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp

LMIA-exempt job offers – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
In most cases, your employer needs a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support your job offer. Some jobs are exempt from needing an LMIA.

For Express Entry, your employer doesn’t need an LMIA if you:
  1. have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
  2. have a valid job offer, and
  3. have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under
    • an international agreement
    • a federal-provincial agreement or
    • the “Canadian interests” category
Note: For skilled trade jobs, up to two employers can make a job offer. You must work for both those employers.

Jobs exempt from the LMIA
You may be exempt from needing an LMIA for Express Entry if your current temporary job is LMIA-exempt, states a specific employer or employers (for skilled trade jobs, up to two employers can make a job offer), and is:

1. covered by an international agreement like NAFTA or GATS, and non-trade agreements. This can include professionals, traders and investors.
  2. covered by an agreement between Canada and a province or territory. This includes “significant investment” projects.
  3. exempt for “Canadian interests” reasons:
    1. “significant benefit” – if your employer can prove you will bring an important social, cultural, and/or economic benefit to Canada. This can include:
      1. general: Self-employed engineers, technical workers, creative and performing artists, etc.
      2. workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience
      3. workers under Mobilité francophone
    2. reciprocal employment – lets foreign workers get jobs in Canada when Canadians have similar opportunities in other countries
      1. general (such as professional coaches and athletes working for Canadian teams)
      2. International Experience Canada – a work abroad program for youth and young professionals
      3. people in exchange programs like professors and visiting lecturers
    3. designated by the Minister
      1. academics, including researchers, guest lecturers and visiting professors (sponsored through a recognized federal program)
      2. competitiveness and public policy
        • medical residents and fellows
        • post-doctoral fellows and people who have won academic awards from Canadian schools
    4. Charity and religious work (not including volunteers)
These categories can be exempt only if you also meet the criteria in the first section of this page.

Note: jobs that are exempt from needing an LMIA still need a work permit.

Last edited:

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys

I am creating my express entry profile.I have some doubts regarding first name and last name.
Actually, I dont have my last name on my passport. Should i mention my first name in last name coloumn and leave first name coloumn empty?

Thanks in advance
Yes.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
All of duties and responsibilities are mentioned on my appointment which are same as mentioned in my noc.
Should i have also arrange a reference letter while i have appointment letter which shows everything clearly?
Yes, you do.

"The following documents are mandatoryfor each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; "
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The key word there is mandatory.

Regards

Reactions: sabharishj

deril

Feb 22, 2017
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would really like your help on the experience letter for FSW express entry.
Can anyone pls tell me wether we have to elaborate on the job duties mentioned in the NOC code. Or does the experience letter have to be quite similar to the NOC list.
I ask this as I think if one tries to elaborate too much on the job duties than there is a risk of deviating from what the VO would like to see in job duties.

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would really like your help on the experience letter for FSW express entry.
Can anyone pls tell me wether we have to elaborate on the job duties mentioned in the NOC code. Or does the experience letter have to be quite similar to the NOC list.
I ask this as I think if one tries to elaborate too much on the job duties than there is a risk of deviating from what the VO would like to see in job duties.

Any suggestion will be very helpful.
You are right, it's best to stay as close as possible to the descriptions in the NOC with out copying and pasting. Elaborate but do not drift away from the words used in the NOC.

Regards

Farshad82

Oct 8, 2017
Thanks, for reply.
My current job is not a visa exempt job. I work as a mechanical designer NOC B. Please see bellow bullets which I have extracted from notes above:

if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
I have all other conditions but not this one. I can get a job offer from my employer but not a LMIA. Please see the under lined words. Currently I have an open work permit. I don't have a work permit that was issued based on LMIA so, my employer is not on my work permit because i have an open work permit. Now, I wanna use 50 points of job offer and I'm not sure if I can or not.

Thank you so much

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, for reply.
My current job is not a visa exempt job. I work as a mechanical designer NOC B. Please see bellow bullets which I have extracted from notes above:

if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
I have all other conditions but not this one. I can get a job offer from my employer but not a LMIA. Please see the under lined words. Currently I have an open work permit. I don't have a work permit that was issued based on LMIA so, my employer is not on my work permit because i have an open work permit. Now, I wanna use 50 points of job offer and I'm not sure if I can or not.

Thank you so much
You cannot claim those points without LMIA.

Kaur12n

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Hi guys

I have one question regarding my express entry profile.
Actually i am working in noc b category in canada n my husband is backhome. While filling my profile m getting option to fill my husband work history. Are thr some points for his work experience too???
because in crs calculator, thr was no option for spouse work experience.
We dont want to claim points for his work eexperience as he dont have his pay slips which i suppose se have to attach after ITA.

Also, my husband apply for canada work visa in which we showed that he is working(only job letter showed at that time)

Thanks

sabharishj

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
hI,

Is it mandatory to get present employer's certificate on the factors you've mentioned??? Also my previous employer has already given me relieving letter but the parameters you've mentioned are not given. Should I apply for one to the previous employer??? Please advice...

Read the 1st page of this thread. It has all the information.
1) Create EE profile. Since you are done with ECA and IELTS, you can go ahead and create your EE and start filling it out
2) Trigger Work Experience. Ask your previous employers for work experience mentioning date of joining, leaving, titles held, hours worked in a week, salary, and job duties.
3) Move funds: If you are short of funds, then I suggest moving/asking for funds from your family member now, since as POF (proof of funds) CIC require 3-6 months of average balance.
4) Trigger PCC: Depending on where you lived for over 6 months, you'll need PCC from such countries.

Step 2 & 4 usually takes time. it took me over 2 months to gather all my experience letters, and if you are in US, FBI is taking in excess of 12 weeks.

5) Check your documents such as Passport expiring etc. if it's expiring soon or has spelling issues. Get a new one now!
6) Time your application. A lot of the process is based on timing. If you believe you can get POF (have sufficient balance), Experience letter, PCC in less than 90 days I would suggest you submit your EE application (profile) and wait for ITA. If you think you need more time to arrange those documents, then perhaps time the submission of your EE profile so that you can get everything in a span of 90 days.

Hope this information was helpful.