+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - question related to medical exam and effects of temp work visa on PR application

Abax

Dec 29, 2018
Hello,

I am on a H1B visa, currently working in the US and applying for Canada PR theough express entry. I got the ITA but have 2 main doubts - hope someone can share some insight.

1. My wife is currently visiting India. Is it ok if she takes the medical exam there and I take mine here in the US ?

2. I have been speaking to my current employer about them potentially relocating me to Canada on a work visa. If they did, after I have responded to the ITA but not before my immigration process is in complete (as in i dont have PR yet), would that affect my application in any manner ? I know that I would need to update my application stating that i am living and working in Canada but would that delay or mess up my PR application at all ?

Appreciate all your input.

Thanks,
Anosh

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am on a H1B visa, currently working in the US and applying for Canada PR theough express entry. I got the ITA but have 2 main doubts - hope someone can share some insight.

1. My wife is currently visiting India. Is it ok if she takes the medical exam there and I take mine here in the US ?

2. I have been speaking to my current employer about them potentially relocating me to Canada on a work visa. If they did, after I have responded to the ITA but not before my immigration process is in complete (as in i dont have PR yet), would that affect my application in any manner ? I know that I would need to update my application stating that i am living and working in Canada but would that delay or mess up my PR application at all ?

Appreciate all your input.

Thanks,
Anosh
1. Yes - she can do that.
2. No impact.