+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile :level of education for Diploma and B.E(lateral 3 years)

Rakshith_hv27

Apr 5, 2021
I did my Diploma(3 years) and B.E.(lateral entry 3 years).
Below is my WES report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

Diploma:
Credential authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Country or Territory: India Credential: Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Year: 2009
Awarded by: Board of Technical Examinations, Government of Karnataka
Major: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

B.E
Credential authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Country or Territory: India Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2012
Awarded by: Visvesvaraya Technological University
Major: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

My question is, What should I choose in "level of education" and "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) "while creating express entry profile for both the credentials?
For B.E , I think it should be "Bachelor's Degree" , but I am confused what should be for Diploma?

Tpatel007

Aug 13, 2021
I am also in same situation I got my WES report. So do we have to enter diploma also in express entry profile?

Rakshith_hv27

Apr 5, 2021
What do I choose as level of education for Diploma in express entry profile? Should it be 2 year program or 3 year program or secondary Diploma(high school graduation)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What do I choose as level of education for Diploma in express entry profile? Should it be 2 year program or 3 year program or secondary Diploma(high school graduation)?
You have a 4 year degree equivalency. The other is secondary diploma and diploma and is not counted as post secondary.

Rakshith_hv27

Apr 5, 2021
You have a 4 year degree equivalency. The other is secondary diploma and diploma and is not counted as post secondary.
Thanks for you reply.

I have below options in the "Level of education" and "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) dropdown in Express entry profile. What should I choose?
1)None or less than secondary
2)Secondary diploma(high school graduation)
3)one year program at a university,college,trade or technical school, or other institute?
4)Two year program at a university,college,trade or technical school, or other institute?
5)Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at university,college,trade or technical school, or other institute?
6)Master Degree
7)PhD

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for you reply.

I have below options in the "Level of education" and "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) dropdown in Express entry profile. What should I choose?
1)None or less than secondary
2)Secondary diploma(high school graduation)
3)one year program at a university,college,trade or technical school, or other institute?
4)Two year program at a university,college,trade or technical school, or other institute?
5)Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at university,college,trade or technical school, or other institute?
6)Master Degree
7)PhD

Rakshith_hv27

Apr 5, 2021
Should I choose option 5 for diploma(considered as Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) in WES evaluation) ?

Tpatel007

Aug 13, 2021
Hey I have same concern, Like when we do that after that their is start date and end date to choose as I diploma 3 years and degree three years. So I will have start date and end date according to it but after that there is question of how many years you have studies so what should I mentioned in bachelor and diploma 3 and 3 or according to wes which is 4 years for bachelors and 2 years for diploma.
Thanks

Tpatel007

Aug 13, 2021
@Rakshith_hv27 Hey, can you please help me to I am in same situation my wes says diploma 2 years and bachelors 4 years. so please suggest me what to mentioned how many years to enter I have completed in bachelors and diploma. please help me on this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Wes states for Diploma as ( Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)) and bachelors 4 years
So you count the bachelors. The other is a secondary diploma so you can’t count “two or more” because it must be at the post secondary level.

Tpatel007

Aug 13, 2021
ok so do I have to mention that in my express entry profile about the diploma course as I did diploma to degree in India